shape
carat
color
clarity

Does peridot look nice in white gold, at all?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Does peridot (a med. apple green shade) look nice in white gold, at all?

I know it does great with yellow gold but I''m not that much of a yellow gold person.

Anyone know of any pictures of peridot in white gold? I searched but did not find any.

Thanks.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of my peridot and pink tourmaline ring in white gold.

kiz-bostonian1.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it looks bad per se, just that yellow gold compliments it better ya know?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it must be another one of those personal opinions. My peridots are set in white gold and I do like them set that way. To me, yellow gold seems to bring out the yellow in the stone if there is any, but that''s just my opinion.
5.gif

cmsperidotpend002.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have a LOT of (not great) peridot pieces - comes from having an August birthday...

All of them are in white gold.

I''m not a huge fan of bringing out the yellow in green stones so prefer white gold. I would go for yellow gold with rubies, spess and any other red/orange stones. That''s also because I like the orangy red shades rather than the purple reds.

At the end of the day it doesn''t matter what other people do, or what manufacturer''s do. Just choose what YOU like.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, now I don''t know what I think.

Kismet - I love your ring. Pink/green is one of my favorite combos. Michelle - another stunner !

I never thought about the yellow gold bringing out the yellow in the stone but I can see that.

Thanks all.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m with Catmom, even though I like yellow I prefer not to make any stone of any other color seem yellow. Yellow gold does that, even to the most blindingly white diamond. So I think it''s most personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results