shape
carat
color
clarity

Does one need matching jewellery pieces?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in a bit of a predicament.

Hubby has been a sweetheart and offered to buy me a rose gold diamond bangle (or rose gold bangle) of some kind to compliment my rose gold zircon ring (he's also really into pink and has a rose gold coloured iPhone so it tickles him to own something with rose gold for real I think).

I have always tried to match my jewellery i.e keep it all white gold or yellow gold on a certain day depending on what I'm wearing.

So naturally the aim would be to collect a basic rose gold set. All I have now that is rose gold is a zircon ring, a sapphire ring that has a tiny bit of rose gold in the setting and a three toned necklace that has rose gold as one of the strands.

Should I bother getting a rose gold bangle? I love bangles and wear my YG and WG ones A LOT but I am suddenly hit by an attack of conscience and maybe I should draw the line somewhere? No matchy match RG?

Just wear the zircon ring with WG?

Thoughts?

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love my two_tone watches......problem solved! I wear what pleases ME. My wedding set is gold....my jewelry is primarily silver. Yes...I mix...not arrested yet!

FM

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course you need this!!! Let hubby buy you something beautiful, that he will like, and you can wear with happiness with your ring. I personally prefer metals to match, or at least to have some common thread between them (i.e., a two toned or three toned piece with a piece that matches at least one of the tones). Otherwise it can look a bit accidental, unless there is some other aspect of the pieces that go together in some way or you have a sense of style that makes mixing and matching seems natural (which I don't personally have).

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I like your thinking @cmd2014!

I am starting to enjoy rose gold very much and the bangles I have my eye on are so very pretty! I just feel like I could make do without but sometimes in certain outfits I have a hankering for a rose gold bangle that I feel would complete the outfit!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once heard the suggestion to wear a two (or three) toned piece to tie together jewelry of different color metals. You can do that, if it helps you see your rose gold piece to fit in with what you are wearing. A two toned watch would be great, or your three toned necklace if it works with your outfit for the day.

Or, if your current bangles would be a nice compliment to the new rose gold bangle, then maybe you'd be happy wearing them together to help the rose one fit into the scheme?

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Is it wrong that I am wearing my stretchy elastic faux tennis bracelet? Lol!

FM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results