shape
carat
color
clarity

Does moonstone count?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if moonstone counts as a "colored stone"...
I just wanted to share a pendant I just ordered because I think it''s so adorable. It''s like a fat froggie greedily hoarding a big ol water droplet. I think my mother in law will love it!

froggieshow.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debating matching earrings...

il_430xN.62914809.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Froggy is too cute! And yes, it counts.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OF COURSE IT COUNTS!!! There are some avid moonstone lovers around here. Nice gems!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to really love moonstones when I was in highschool. It was so pretty, and so affordable! I don''t know where all my moonstone jewelery has gone to now though :/ Ah well.

I also love that the froggies are hand made. I think hand made jewelery is so romantic :) It might not be as perfectly exact as casting, but the imperfections are part of the charm I think. Maybe when I retire I''ll try to learn to metal smith, lol.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s adorable. Where is it from, if you don''t mind my asking?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Etsy :)
Sally from Heart of Waters. I ordered my lotus ring setting from her, and then found these on her website and thought it would make such a great gift for my mother in law since she loves cute animal jewelry. :)

etsy frog

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty. Thanks.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, I love it, it is so darn cute. The minute I saw it, I knew it was Sally. Your MIL, will love it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE moonstones!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 5:24:37 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Etsy :)
Sally from Heart of Waters. I ordered my lotus ring setting from her, and then found these on her website and thought it would make such a great gift for my mother in law since she loves cute animal jewelry. :)

etsy frog
Lovely moonstone!

A bit off topic, but Sally is really fun to work with.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Awww... the froggie is just so adorable. I lvoe moonstone. I''ve been drooling over Sally''s moonstone ring. She''s such a nice person to deal with. She''s making something special for me right now.....
27.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, Sally is great to work with! I can''t wait to get my lotus setting and froggie! I suspect I''ll be going back to her for some more garnet projects in the future :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course moonstones count. If anyone has a problem with that, I'll put my boxing gloves on.
9.gif

What would the froggy earrings look like? Froggy hanging off the moonstone or Froggy on the ear with the moonstone dangling?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore moonstones. I love the froggy necklace. The earrings from what I can see look fabulous.
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A wonderful piece! I''ve always had a thing for these fairly accurate representations of nature in jewellery. Love it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Indeed it counts!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My froggie and lotus setting are done! Yay! They ship from Sally next week, I can''t wait to get my pad set and finally get to wear it! And I hope my future mother in law will like the froggie :)

Froggie
Setting

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If your MIL doesn''t like Froggie, he has a good home with me. It''s a little whimsical but still pretty.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG, I am sooooooooooooooooo excited to see your gorgeous pad in the lotus setting. Please take tons of pictures ok? I know it is going to look gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Please take lots of pictures of Mr. Froggy too. He is too darn cute. The moonstone will be so beautiful.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 1:34:59 PM
Author: Chrono
If your MIL doesn''t like Froggie, he has a good home with me. It''s a little whimsical but still pretty.
9.gif
Hehe, I''m not above keeping it for myself if she doesn''t like it ;-)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Why wouldn't it? Someone (Mochi?) even has a Leon moonstone ring. Nice frog! I like frogs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results