shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Michael B make white gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I have a question that is most likely for the PS vendors or anyone here who is a jeweler and may know. I am in LOVE with the Michael B crown lace wedding ring. I'm pretty sure i'm getting a plain white gold setting on my e ring (bfs preference) but I was wondering if the crown lace wedding rings come in white gold? I think it's be really cute to have the wedding band have just a few diamonds, and the e ring band plain (for now). Or is this something that I'm better off having custom made, since I'd want to match the e ring band width? Is it possible to have something similar made? (I wont need the ring for another year to year and a half, but just thinking about it).

ETA: I'm asking b/c i looked online and can only find plat. ; )

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
he will make them in 19kt. wg
2.gif

what is the size of your e-ring? there are a few different sizes in the lace collection, so you could probably find something very close.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I guess another question is that would I be able to have a similar band made by my local jeweler, or even whiteflash, or if that''s illegal to have something similar made? I love the crown lace and am not against saving up money to get the real deal, but I''m also "thrifty" and weighing my options; )

Unfortunately the e ring is not in my possession right now, so I know I''ll have to wait for the exact size. Then we''ll be engaged a couple years which will give me plenty of time to save money for the w band. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that band!!!
30.gif

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweetpea, I''m interested in the answers in this thread too because I love that band as well. I like the petite crown lace, but it''s still too thick for me, so I''d want a different width.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 1:02:36 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
I guess another question is that would I be able to have a similar band made by my local jeweler, or even whiteflash, or if that''s illegal to have something similar made? I love the crown lace and am not against saving up money to get the real deal, but I''m also ''thrifty'' and weighing my options; )

Unfortunately the e ring is not in my possession right now, so I know I''ll have to wait for the exact size. Then we''ll be engaged a couple years which will give me plenty of time to save money for the w band. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that band!!!
30.gif

For something like the lace, i''d save up and get the real deal unless you could be happy with "similar."

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Michael B Lace and I have yet to see another designer come close to the look of his. The closest thing I have seen is the Whiteflash "Champagne" which seems to be brushed metal.

If you love the Michael B Lace, I agree with Mrssalvo... save up and buy the real thing- it really is stunning! :)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been searching the internet all day looking for a white gold version of the crown lace wedding band and I cant find it anywhere
39.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it would be a special order. i don''t think he advertises his work in wg, but he will do it.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What''s the "crown" lace version? Can someone please post a picture? (All these VERSIONS confuse me!) But I agree - (all!) those "lace" rings are simply GORGEOUS!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks belle, I feel a little better now! I hate that when you find something you like but you just cannot get it exactly how you wanted it!

here's the pic of the set, I dont think I'm getting the e ring setting (not engaged yet) but I think as long as the width was the same, the band would still look good with my e ring (I cant remember where I got the pic):

ETA: actually this is regular lace, the crown lace looks bigger

michael B crown lace.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown is the largest one I think in terms of width and ctw...and I know there is petite, and then the 'baby' that Dem has (that is no longer being produced)

Are there only three? So is crown the regular one as well? Or are there 4...crown, regular, petite and then baby.

I tried on the regular one in the store, I think they called it crown.

19k wg seems like it may be kind of soft for rings on the hand?

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just talked to Michael B and they said it''s either platinum or 18kt yellow gold. Scott Kay will make his pieces in 19kt white gold. The differences in the lace collection is as follows:

Lace: available in petite 2.0mm and regular 2.2mm These are squared rings.
Crown Lace: petite version 2.5mm and regular 3.0mm. These are the rounded rings.

These designs are also copyrighted. Hope this helps.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoa..my bad...

i got my dream of finding a reasonably priced michaeb mixed up with actually seeing some very nice scottkay pieces in wg.
sorry for the designer mix up and any confusion i might have caused.
37.gif

we''ll just have to keep saving for the real deal in platinum sweetpea
2.gif

thank you bill, for coming to the rescue!
36.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/22/2005 4:25:47 PM
Author: belle

thank you bill, for coming to the rescue!
36.gif
Belle, remember back in July you were the one who taught me how to highlight and respond to quotes. So it is my pleasure to return a favor to you.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 3:11:40 PM
Author: mepearl53

Crown Lace: petite version 2.5mm and regular 3.0mm. These are the rounded rings.

Bill,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for clearing up the confusion of the masses!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
I never knew that the difference between "Lace" and "Crown Lace" was simply the square/round shape!

Now another question, please. Is there any way to tell if a LACE (squared) ring is petite or regular? Is the stamp inside indicative at all? Obviously a micrometer or some other such man-tool
2.gif
would be able to measure the [very slight] difference, but if someone doesn't have such a gadget, is there any other way to know? Any tell-tale signs??! Thanks!
Lynn

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/22/2005 10:16:17 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 12/22/2005 3:11:40 PM
Author: mepearl53

Now another question, please. Is there any way to tell if a LACE (squared) ring is petite or regular? Is the stamp inside indicative at all? Obviously a micrometer or some other such man-tool
2.gif
would be able to measure the [very slight] difference, but if someone doesn''t have such a gadget, is there any other way to know? Any tell-tale signs??! Thanks!
Lynn
Hi Lynn,

A man tool converted to a woman''s tool. How''s this. 2.0mm is the thickness of 24 hundred dollar bills and 2.2mm is 28 hundred dollar bills :) Of course you can us any denomanation you wish but my wife would understand this and ask me for the $2,800.00 so she could tell and forget to give them back to me
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results