shape
carat
color
clarity

Does it really matter - 1.6mm or 1.8mm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''m just going stir-crazy waiting for my Leon ring (it''s only been a week). I am totally obsessed with the size of the shank now. Leon has advised me that he either 1.6mm or 1.8mm is an acceptable size and it is my call.

Is there REALLY a visually difference? Can you point me to pictures of both sizes (or even smaller)? And if you were me, what size shank would you get?

Thanks for the help!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondnut's shank on her new Leon Mege is 1.6 mm. I would be afraid to go that skinny mini because I am constantly whacking my hands on things, but you're in NYC so Leon would be there to help you maintain it. I think the 1.8 looks plenty delicate. What are you leaning towards?

ETA: Acebruin's wife's is also 1.6 (although he said it was 1.5 - about as thick as a quarter - YIKES!)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d do the 1.8. I have a 2.1 and it''s thin without being fragile.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
*Argh* I hate error messages.

Well, the work order currently says 1.8mm (and I really think he''s going to kill me if I keep making "minor" changes). But he mentioned that a squared shank will look slighting wider than a rounded shank b/c it has edges (I wasn''t supposed to give that secret about my ring away), so I''m doubting myself! I did try on a 1.8mm squared shank on in his office but it was just a band. It looked very pretty.

Hmm...I''m gonna go take a peak at Acebruin''s wife''s (huh, thick as a quarter).

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
1.6 is really thin you should stay with 1.8 or wider. Shank being that may loose its shape with wear.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! I saw the title of the thread and I was scared to click on it bc I knew it would be you! You're crazy! LOL
2.gif

ETA~ I am gonna have to go with the other ladies... I think 1.6 is too delicate. Stick with your original decision...

Squared shank.... I'm adding all the pieces together...
12.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
oof! 1.6 is really thin! 1.8 is thin too, but I would choose it over the 1.6. I can''t imagine wearing something that thin and not absolutely bending it out of shape!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
1.8. This isn''t a tough question.
37.gif

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 2:37:43 PM
Author: tberube
oof! 1.6 is really thin! 1.8 is thin too, but I would choose it over the 1.6. I can''t imagine wearing something that thin and not absolutely bending it out of shape!
Actually, I''m not concerned about it bending out of shape b/c it is a Leon. I have every confidence he''d make it perfectly sturdy.

BUT I''ve decided to go with the 1.8 with all your suggestions!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 3:30:52 PM
Author: scarlet16
Actually, I''m not concerned about it bending out of shape b/c it is a Leon. I have every confidence he''d make it perfectly sturdy.

Platinum is platinum, whether the ring is made by Leon or anyone else. It can bend! It doesn''t have anything to do w/ being made sturdy. Any ring can bend and lose shape given the right circumstances. And certainly 1.6 mm is quite thin and more likely to bend.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 3:48:25 PM
Author: icekid

Platinum is platinum, whether the ring is made by Leon or anyone else. It can bend! It doesn''t have anything to do w/ being made sturdy. Any ring can bend and lose shape given the right circumstances. And certainly 1.6 mm is quite thin and more likely to bend.

Ok, maybe I worded that wrong. Leon has assured me that at either 1.6mm or 1.8mm it will be fine. So baring any other circumstances, I''d take that to mean they have similar likelihood of bending or getting out of shape.

I think my question really was purely based on an aesthetic level, what would you prefer (assuming "bending" was not an issue)?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 3:48:25 PM
Author: icekid

Agreed. I''d go with 1.8.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Just don''t slam any doors, lest you should end up like this poor soul Mangled Leon Mege
23.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 4:28:08 PM
Author: pixley
Just don''t slam any doors, lest you should end up like this poor soul Mangled Leon Mege
23.gif
Yikes!
23.gif

I''d do the 1.8 for sure! Plenty delicate.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 4:28:08 PM
Author: pixley
23.gif

Ack! I remember that...I wonder what happened!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2008 2:02:14 PM
Author: Gypsy
I''d do the 1.8. I have a 2.1 and it''s thin without being fragile.
Ditto, my Legacy band is 2 mm and has terrific sparkle. I wouldn''t go less than 1.8.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results