shape
carat
color
clarity

Does Girdle Location Mandate Halo Placement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MajorlyChic

Rough_Rock
I am confused as to how important the location of the girdle is in determining where a halo will be set. My new cushion brilliant has a crown angle of greater than 40 degrees. It looks wonderful in its non-set state, but I am wondering if this will have a bearing on how my halo is set around it.

My ideal setting would have the table of the diamond not sitting very far above the halo. See the arrow on the photo attached. This is exactly how I like it. Is it possible to set my cushion this low with its crown angle? If it is possible, which I am assuming means placing the prongs above the girdle, will this block a significant amount of light from entering the rock and therefor be a major mistake, or is it just a matter of taste?

Thanks for your words of wisdom
16.gif

Best,
Tracy

girdlehalo.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think halo placement has more to do with preference rather than girdle size. The one exception might be if you are getting a stock setting rather than a custom setting. In that case you may have to set the diamond lower/higher depending on how it fits in the pre-made setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results