shape
carat
color
clarity

Does eternity band last an eternity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am torn between chanel-set eternity band vs half-set band. Of course I prefer more stones more shine on a 3 mm band, but I heard that the eternity band can not be sized, and the stones may fall out during the lifetime. In addition, doesn''t the eternity band get dirty a lot faster?

Would you please tell me which of the three types of cut you think looks best next to my princess stolitar?

1) baggutes, 2) princess, 3) asscher stones

Thank you!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like princess bands with princess e-rings. I personally would NOT do asscher. IMHO they clash together. I was going through the same debate as you between a full e-band and a half. I decided to go with the full to prevent turning issues and for a more polished look. I also love the "idea" of the stones being in a perfect circle. You can only size e-bands minimally. They can shave a little metal from the inside to make it larger, sizing balls to make it smaller. My FMIL says not to worry, I can always upgrade my band if for some reason it no longer fits. I keep telling her she would fit right in on Pricescope! Hope this helps!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eternity bands can be sized a little bit but I believe channel set ones are the most difficult. Stones may fall out, especially if you are hard on your rings but I don''t think it''s a common occurance in a well made band. Pave, is another story with much higher risks than shared prong, 4 prong, or channel settings. I''d be more worried about me changing my mind before the band ever wore out
41.gif

I think a princess band would look fabulous. Here''s a pic from Precisionset, you can see it on the ring set on the far right.

5084.jpg

koko

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, thanks Mrs.S. for those pix!! I love the emerald cut set the best....I have a EC solitaire with bands that look identical to the ones shown with the oval diamond.....I think the princess eternity band looks awesome next to the princess solitaire.....
36.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Zhuzhu,
I also have a princess cut which I paired with an eternity band with channel set rounds. As I am so inept I cannot post a picture but it is on page 4 of the forum''s E-ring folder if you''d like to look.
I either clean it with a soft toothbrush and washing up liquid or with the tiny brush attachment on an electric toothbrush to get in the small holes.
Hope this helps,
Lisa
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 5:13:51 PM
Author: lisaC
Hey Zhuzhu,
I also have a princess cut which I paired with an eternity band with channel set rounds. As I am so inept I cannot post a picture but it is on page 4 of the forum''s E-ring folder if you''d like to look.
I either clean it with a soft toothbrush and washing up liquid or with the tiny brush attachment on an electric toothbrush to get in the small holes.
Hope this helps,
Lisa
1.gif
here it is- sure is purrrrrty!

bothrings.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is pretty. I am strange in that I like contrast. Anyone has a pic of baguette wedding band next to a Princess E-ring I may see? I think that may look really cool..... LisaC, may I ask what carat weight is your princess rock?

Thanks!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s 1.13 on a size 7 finger
1.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
It''s 1.13 on a size 7 finger
1.gif

Thanks Sevens for posting it for me!
Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results