shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone wear Jo Malone perfume?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been needing some new perfume, and I''ve heard WONDERFUL things about Jo Malone! So, I just went to Jo Malone''s website and ordered the Cologne Collection. It includes small bottles of six different scents: Amber & Lavender, Grapefruit, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Pomegranate Noir, Red Roses, and Orange Blossom. And I got to choose two free samples with my order! I picked Sweet Lime & Cedar and Nectarine Blossom & Honey. Ooooh, and I almost forgot to mention: EVERYTHING IS 25% OFF UNTIL TOMORROW!!!
36.gif

Of course, after I placed my order, they sent me an e-mail with a coupon for my next order! So, does anyone have a favorite Jo Malone scent that I should try?
21.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love Jo Malone! My favorite scent is Tuberrose. And Pomegranate Noir. And Vintage Gardenia. And Ginger and Nutmeg. I''m so addicted to this stuff!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 11:40:31 AM
Author: Miranda
I love Jo Malone! My favorite scent is Tuberrose. And Pomegranate Noir. And Vintage Gardenia. And Ginger and Nutmeg. I''m so addicted to this stuff!
Gee, Miranda, that really narrows it down a lot! LOL!
25.gif
41.gif

Seriously, it''s great that you like so many of them! That makes me glad I ordered the sample set! I can''t wait for it to get here!
36.gif

The set I ordered includes the Pomegranate Noir, but the Tuberose, Vintage Gardenia and Ginger & Nutmeg aren''t in it. The Vintage Gardenia sounds awesome! I might have to give that one a try!
21.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

The sample set is really the way to go. I''m a variety kinda girl and her collection really fits the bill for me.

I can''t wait to hear what you think when they arrive.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 12:02:35 PM
Author: Miranda
9.gif

The sample set is really the way to go. I''m a variety kinda girl and her collection really fits the bill for me.

I can''t wait to hear what you think when they arrive.
Yeah, and I was reading on her website about the fragrance layering . . . I''ll definitely have to give that a try too! It''s nice that the website gives you tips for which fragrances work well together. I''ll let ya know when they get here!
21.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I love Jo Malone perfume and I am not a perfume kind of person. I spritzed the Orange blossom on the sample paper strip, walked out of the store and just kept sniffing it all through the mall until I was forced to go back to the store and buy it!! that has never happened before. I also have Blue agave. I want to add another but can''t decide which one. I like Vintage gardenia, but I know several younger people who don''t like it at all. I didn''t like the rose one until you layered it with something else (can''t remember which one, sorry) and then I loved it. I always spritzed them one right after another until I read you are supposed to let the first one dry, then spritz the second. It is sold in most Neimans and Saks, and you might be able to get a sample or two if you look like a good prospect to buy!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 1:39:02 PM
Author: HappyAnniversary
I love Jo Malone perfume and I am not a perfume kind of person. I spritzed the Orange blossom on the sample paper strip, walked out of the store and just kept sniffing it all through the mall until I was forced to go back to the store and buy it!! that has never happened before. I also have Blue agave. I want to add another but can''t decide which one. I like Vintage gardenia, but I know several younger people who don''t like it at all. I didn''t like the rose one until you layered it with something else (can''t remember which one, sorry) and then I loved it. I always spritzed them one right after another until I read you are supposed to let the first one dry, then spritz the second. It is sold in most Neimans and Saks, and you might be able to get a sample or two if you look like a good prospect to buy!
Thanks, HA! I wish I lived close to a Nieman''s or Saks, but unfortunately I don''t. I think the closest store that sells Jo Malone is about 75 miles away!
23.gif

I''m glad to hear that you lilke the Orange Blossom . . . that''s the one I''m the most interested in, and I wouldn''t have ordered the sample set if it didn''t include the Orange Blossom. I''ve heard people just RAVE about that one! Do you like the Blue Agave one? That''s another one that I''ve heard good things about, and I''d like to try it sometime. I''ll help you decide which one to buy next when mine get here!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love them - I like Nectarine Blossom and Honey, but DH isn''t a big fan.

What he does like is what I''m wearing daily now - I layer Orange Blossom underneath French Lime Blossom - they are a perfect combo on me, but the guy at the Jo Malone counter at Bloomie''s said stuff dries down strangely on me, so that might not work on everyone...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 2:48:45 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I love them - I like Nectarine Blossom and Honey, but DH isn''t a big fan.

What he does like is what I''m wearing daily now - I layer Orange Blossom underneath French Lime Blossom - they are a perfect combo on me, but the guy at the Jo Malone counter at Bloomie''s said stuff dries down strangely on me, so that might not work on everyone...
Ooooh, Amber, I''m glad to hear that your a fan of the Nectarine Blossom & Honey! That''s one of the samples that I got with my order, and I''m excited about that one . . . I love all things honey!
18.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My favorite is French Lime Blossom. Thanks for the tip b/c I''m out and need to order more.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 3:41:45 PM
Author: appletini
My favorite is French Lime Blossom. Thanks for the tip b/c I''m out and need to order more.
No problem, Appletini! And I''ll have to check out the French Lime Blossom!
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really '' cited for you Emm having new smellingsies to test out!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 4:27:37 PM
Author: Lorelei
I am really '' cited for you Emm having new smellingsies to test out!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hee hee! Miss Lorelei, I knew you''d be ''cited about my new smellingsies!
9.gif

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Amber Gretchen-- I am getting a very strange visual of how the guy at the store sniffed you so closely he could tell "stuff dries down strangely on me"
31.gif

I must have missed some important part of the Jo Malone sensory experience at my store. I guess I''ll have to ask my hubby how it dries down on me.

Anyway, the blue agave is strong and unique, I like it and have never smelled anything quite like it-- it is bolder than orange blossom. I got it cos the kids wanted to buy me some for X-mas (Yea!) and I knew my DD liked it so I got what she liked. As of yesterday, French Lime blossom is her fav.
One of the things I like about these is they smell crisp and clean not powdery. I always think of my Grandma''s perfume when I smell a powdery perfume.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I wore Grapefruit and White Jasmine and mint today. I like to combine them. Their lotions are lovely as well.

I''ve worn French Lime Blossom and Orange Blossom as well. Both nice. My DH likes the Pom Noir and Amber and Lav. 25% off is great!

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Irish!!

I LOVE Jo Malone!!! I wear the Pomegranate Noire (MY FAVE) and the Orange Blossom almost daily....Just a tip, a lot of the scents could be mixed together, and I especially love layering these 2 scents- such a clean, fresh scent!!!! I definitely want to acquire more sometime soon- thanks for the sale tip!!!

Let us know what you think and enjoy!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA ~ LOL at the guy sniffing Amber in the store! And the Blue Agave sounds very nice . . . definitely one on my list to try! I''m so glad to hear that they don''t smell powdery. I''m like you . . . powdery perfume makes me think of elderly ladies playing bridge and drinking tea!
40.gif

Sharon ~ Thanks for the tips! The White Jasmine & Mint sounds very nice!
18.gif

Dani ~ I definitely plan to try combining them, so thanks for the hint! I''ll let you know when they get here!
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Irish where is the sample set?? I think I will buy some too. hehe I want to try the French Lime Blossom. eta: I see you attached the link, thanks.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 7:51:18 PM
Author: Skippy123
Irish where is the sample set?? I think I will buy some too. hehe I want to try the French Lime Blossom. eta: I see you attached the link, thanks.
YAY, Skip! You should totally get some! Then we can become Jo Malone addicts together! Hee hee!
36.gif

The French Lime Blossom isn''t included in the sample set, but it might be one of the free samples you can choose at checkout. (You get to pick two, so think of another one you''d like to try!)
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:38:38 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

YAY, Skip! You should totally get some! Then we can become Jo Malone addicts together! Hee hee!
36.gif

The French Lime Blossom isn't included in the sample set, but it might be one of the free samples you can choose at checkout. (You get to pick two, so think of another one you'd like to try!)
21.gif
You ENABLER,
27.gif
I got the set like you did, and choose 2 samples (French Lime Blossom and Nectarine something) and got a candle. hehe Which samples did you go for? hehe

Wooo hoo
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 10:43:36 PM

Date: 2/11/2009 10:38:38 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

36.gif

The French Lime Blossom isn't included in the sample set, but it might be one of the free samples you can choose at checkout. (You get to pick two, so think of another one you'd like to try!)
21.gif
You ENABLER,
27.gif
I got the set like you did, and choose 2 samples (French Lime Blossom and Nectarine something) and got a candle. hehe Which samples did you go for? hehe

Wooo hoo
36.gif
Hee hee hee! I'm getting good at this enabling thing, huh?!?!
11.gif

And WOO HOO! I got one of the same samples you did . . . the Nectarine Blossom & Honey one. (My other one was Sweet Lime & Cedar, which I think is their newest fragrance.) I'm so excited!!! How many more sleeps 'til they get here I wonder?
36.gif

ETA: Hey, which candle did you get? I am a HUGE fan of candles!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 7:11:34 PM
Amber Gretchen-- I am getting a very strange visual of how the guy at the store sniffed you so closely he could tell ''stuff dries down strangely on me''
31.gif

I must have missed some important part of the Jo Malone sensory experience at my store. I guess I''ll have to ask my hubby how it dries down on me.

Anyway, the blue agave is strong and unique, I like it and have never smelled anything quite like it-- it is bolder than orange blossom. I got it cos the kids wanted to buy me some for X-mas (Yea!) and I knew my DD liked it so I got what she liked. As of yesterday, French Lime blossom is her fav.

One of the things I like about these is they smell crisp and clean not powdery. I always think of my Grandma''s perfume when I smell a powdery perfume.

LOL OMG now I am giggling - seriously, it wasn''t that bad...I am a happily married woman, after all
3.gif
2.gif

I think I have weird chemistry though, in all seriousness, a lot of perfumes just don''t work on me at all, and some popular ones smell just...off on me. I have the two Jo Malone scents that I like (actually 3 including the Nectarine Blossom & Honey), and then there are just two others: one is Annick Goutal''s Mandragore, and the other is a special-edition Fortnum and Mason 300th anniversary perfume made my M. Micallef, a Parisian perfumer - and you can''t get that one in the states
23.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 11:05:59 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 2/11/2009 7:11:34 PM
Amber Gretchen-- I am getting a very strange visual of how the guy at the store sniffed you so closely he could tell ''stuff dries down strangely on me''
31.gif

LOL OMG now I am giggling - seriously, it wasn''t that bad...I am a happily married woman, after all
3.gif
2.gif

I think I have weird chemistry though, in all seriousness, a lot of perfumes just don''t work on me at all, and some popular ones smell just...off on me. I have the two Jo Malone scents that I like (actually 3 including the Nectarine Blossom & Honey), and then there are just two others: one is Annick Goutal''s Mandragore, and the other is a special-edition Fortnum and Mason 300th anniversary perfume made my M. Micallef, a Parisian perfumer - and you can''t get that one in the states
23.gif
LOL! Amber, don''t worry . . . you''re not weird. My Grandmother has the exact same problem! She swears that the only perfume that doesn''t "change" on her is Foxfire by Avon!
37.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hehe - always good to not be "weird" LOL
3.gif

You and Skippy are adorable with your samplers - I really want to go back to the counter and try some more of her scents, see if any of the others work on me - I know the Agave and the Fresh Lime & Cedar ended up smelling weird, but I think I''d like to try Pomegranate Noir again...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha!!

I shall expect a full report on each fragrance from you and Skipsters Emm when your goodies arrive! Oh - and make them as detailed as possible please!
11.gif
31.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 7:22:47 AM
Hahaha!!

I shall expect a full report on each fragrance from you and Skipsters Emm when your goodies arrive! Oh - and make them as detailed as possible please!
11.gif
31.gif
I will for sure, *salutes* Lorelei. hehe
9.gif

Someone could you please describe French Lime Blossom pretty please or a similar sent to it?? They extended the sale one more day.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 7:24:34 AM

Date: 2/12/2009 7:22:47 AM
Hahaha!!

11.gif
31.gif
I will for sure, *salutes* Lorelei. hehe
9.gif

Someone could you please describe French Lime Blossom pretty please or a similar sent to it?? They extended the sale one more day.
9.gif

* cough* yes I can and have some reviews for you....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you friend
35.gif
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 7:48:06 AM
Thank you friend
35.gif
1.gif
Most welcome dahlinks!!
35.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber ~ I''ve heard that the Pomegranate Noir is very popular! I can''t wait to smell that one!
36.gif

Lorelei ~ I promise to report back with a full description! They e-mailed me a tracking number, and I just checked the status . . . it''s supposed to be here TOMORROW!!! YAY!!!
9.gif

Skip ~ Yes, I saw that they extended the sale one more day! Woo hoo! Did they e-mail you a tracking number yet? And definitely tell me about the French Lime Blossom . . . that one sounds yummy!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results