shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone want to post updated or new pictures of your eternity band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Since my eternity band is crap! My husband and I decided to save up for a new one, not to mention my engagement ring needs to be rest again!

I have browsed past topics on eternity bands but I noticed, many of them did not have the specs at all and I was left wondering how big each stone is and the total carat weight... etc...

One question I have is about proportions. My engagement ring is a .84, currently I have a 1.50 eternity band, which I think is about right.

Shrinkage has taken effect and I want a little bit bigger. My Engagement setting is a plain Tiffany. Would it be possible to even things out by setting my center stone in a thicker band or use some side stones.

Please post updated pictures of your eternity bands including specs and where you got your rings from.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi ILMS,

You''ve probably seen all my recent uternity band posts, but here are the stats for you...

My ering is 1.01 ct.
Uternity band is 2 ctw, 20 stones, 10 pts each
Both rings from WF, size 5 finger

emteeth.gif

bothkh.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
May we see a pic of the current set in order to advise?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are 10 points each, just like katiedid''s, but i wear a seven so it looks a lot smaller on me (i think)....here it is on the beach with me and my magazine
3.gif

engagement ring photo shoot 014 (Small).jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think if your band wasn''t "crap" (your word) the 1.5 ct WOULD be about right.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is interesting, because i did try on a bunch of solitaires with my eternity band and the salesman told me that my eternity band was too big for solitaires that were between .75 and 1 ct. I agreed thought he was right FWIW...but then you can see katiedid''s beautiful set and the proportions are lovely
33.gif

your''s is .8??? i think if you added sidestones and made it a three-stone ring, it would stand up to a larger eternity band perfectly
31.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sure some people would say mine IS too big for my ering, but I love it! I wanted something more substantial this time. For a .8 stone, I would think a 1.5 ctw eternity band would be perfect. If the stones are well cut and good quality that is.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 2:40:52 PM
Author: katiedid
I''m sure some people would say mine IS too big for my ering, but I love it! I wanted something more substantial this time. For a .8 stone, I would think a 1.5 ctw eternity band would be perfect. If the stones are well cut and good quality that is.
Nah, yours looks pretty perfect together IMO - just lovely.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks violet. I totally love it! Yours is gorgeous too. Especially with that sapphire band! yum!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just got word from WF that my new 1.76 ct shared-prong eternity band will be shipped to me Tues. So I will post pics next week!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see it vespergirl!! I bet you are SO excited.
emteeth.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 6:39:56 AM
Author:I Love My Sailor
Since my eternity band is crap! My husband and I decided to save up for a new one, not to mention my engagement ring needs to be rest again!

I have browsed past topics on eternity bands but I noticed, many of them did not have the specs at all and I was left wondering how big each stone is and the total carat weight... etc...

One question I have is about proportions. My engagement ring is a .84, currently I have a 1.50 eternity band, which I think is about right.

Shrinkage has taken effect and I want a little bit bigger. My Engagement setting is a plain Tiffany. Would it be possible to even things out by setting my center stone in a thicker band or use some side stones.

Please post updated pictures of your eternity bands including specs and where you got your rings from.
You know I''ve tried it all... side stones, thicker band, and thinner. and IMO you have to be careful with sidestones as sometimes if you don''t get the diamonds proportion just right, then your center may look smaller, as for Thicker band (plain) it made my diamond "appear" smaller as well,, I think thinner band will make your center diamond POP out, but if you want to add a little more bling, then a thin band with like melees or very samll side stones down the shank will be just stunning, but then I think you''re a little bit limited with the eternity band if you go with side stones (sometimes) depending on how it''s set, prongs, channels, burnished, beadset not much help huh? I also contemplated what I normally do on a daily basis, and didn''t want to baby my rings.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my set:
The diamond is .9ct, the ring is actually a half eternity, tcw was stated as .8 but I think it''s a bit less than that. The stones in the band are about 2.5mm each.
Ringandsharedbandmix.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results