carat
color
clarity

Does anyone still dislike PS 2.0?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for a check up.

I remember when they rolled out PS 2.0 lots of people did not like it and they were VERY vocal about it.
Does anyone still dislike it?

take-temperature.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Do you still dislike PS 2.0?

Yep. The only benefit I see is that it's easier to post pictures ... and it lost us something like 3/4s of the previous traffic. If it had just been the transition, I think things would have picked up again: as it's been, what, 6 months now with little change, I'm guessing most casual readers find it to be a little less accessible, for one reason or another. It's a pity.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty happy with it now that I no longer have to read people's signature lines for like the 10th time cause they
didnt seperate it with enough spaces. The one thing that I dont like is the "Search". I can never find what I'm
looking for. I wish it would only list a thread once instead of once for each time it found what it was looking for.

I wish I could drag pictures from one thread to another. I've only tried it once and it didnt seem to work.

I wish it wouldnt load the pictures backwards from the way you entered them...

Hmmm, I can probably come up with some more things but in general I'm pretty happy with it.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that it allows uploading of pics with higher resolution (file size in bytes), but do not like how it limits the on-screen size.

PS 1.0 only allowed around 200KB file size.
PS 2.0 allows up to 2 GB.

Even though it forces them to appear fairly small on the screen at least you can start with a pretty hi-res file.
I like how you do not have to name the pic file something that PS has never seen before.

Yeah, I also am rarely able to find anything I try to search for. ;(

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Do you still dislike PS 2.0?

Circe|1305665367|2924209 said:
it lost us something like 3/4s of the previous traffic.

I noticed this. It's so slow lately; there used to be tons of new topics/replies every day. Not so much anymore. ;(

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
i didn't even notice any change... but i dont search much for stuff either.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
My thoughts are about the same as most of yours. I like the it's easier to post pictures now. But the search feature doesn't work at all for me!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many of the functions they added are not ones I use... I do miss being able to search for a post, a thread... I try and get no where. There are threads I do love reading just to give me comfort, like when Nanny Died. But can't find it.

I think there are great features to PS 2.0. But they lost a lot of people in the transition.. So the broader question is..

Since the new PS 2.0 participation has dropped. How can we get back to where we were??

I think people need to stop being so PC... I know I was super PC back in the day.... Now I am like tell it like it is, bring it on..

I guess I grew up a lot on here, as it's my only online forum... I got my Ass handed to me at times, and I probably deserved it...

I want my old PS back... Not a GBCPS... Not that at all... I want the sparks, the spunk and the fun~~ :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the copy and paste Emoticons doesn't function with PS 2.. :(sad ... plus can't high light member's quote in YELLOW color.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh|1305673123|2924305 said:
Many of the functions they added are not ones I use... I do miss being able to search for a post, a thread... I try and get no where. There are threads I do love reading just to give me comfort, like when Nanny Died. But can't find it.

I think there are great features to PS 2.0. But they lost a lot of people in the transition.. So the broader question is..

Since the new PS 2.0 participation has dropped. How can we get back to where we were??

I think people need to stop being so PC... I know I was super PC back in the day.... Now I am like tell it like it is, bring it on..

I guess I grew up a lot on here, as it's my only online forum... I got my a$$ handed to me at times, and I probably deserved it...

I want my old PS back... Not a GBCPS... Not that at all... I want the sparks, the spunk and the fun~~ :cheeky:

add a political talk forum... :appl: remember election of 2008?.. :appl: and let ALJ out of her cage... :lol:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the quoting better on the other.

I'm also having an issue with PS, but I don't know if it's me and my browser. I click to go to the last post, and it only goes to the top of the last page. Then if I scroll down and the page hasn't completely loaded yet, it will bounce back to the top, making me scroll AGAIN. :angryfire:

Otherwise, the search is decent and I like it just fine. I really do miss the drag and drop photos though.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn't mind the transition then and I don't mind it now. Like anything new, it took some getting used to. I guess the only thing that I can think of that isn't as user-friendly as it used to be is the search function. I guess one more thing is that the text box seems really big and I always need to scroll really far down to hit "submit." I'm just lazy though. :bigsmile: I may think of other things, but for now, it's pretty good.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do miss some of the people who used to post fairly regularly. I don't know if life got in the way and they're spending less time here (or no time at all) or if they had trouble posting during the transition and gave up.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
The search feature drives me batty. I can NEVER find what I'm looking for. I usually give up, and that's disconcerting. I do wish we had more traffic, although, I'm not sure 2.0 is the reason for that.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I still prefer the other PS, both in form and format.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot what PS 1.0 even looks like! I have adjusted, so PS 2.0 no longer bothers me, per se, but there are some features that still need some serious work.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't like all the wasted space at the top. I have to scrolled down too often.

I don't like the search features.

I never use the listing of similar topics along the right margin.

There are many nice improvements---I just don't end up using them very often.

But I do think the readership has decreased. I am not sure if it's due to the format change.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I'm used to it, but the fact is still that we haven't gotten back to where we were before traffic-wise. They broke PS when they changed it, and I don't think it will ever be anywhere near where it was ever again.

Bunny007

Shiny_Rock
TravelingGal|1305675153|2924342 said:
I'm also having an issue with PS, but I don't know if it's me and my browser. I click to go to the last post, and it only goes to the top of the last page. Then if I scroll down and the page hasn't completely loaded yet, it will bounce back to the top, making me scroll AGAIN. :angryfire:

Ahhh same here!! I thought something was wrong with my computer!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305675153|2924342 said:
I liked the quoting better on the other.

This drives me absolutely crazy! Why, why, why does it do this? It is maddening, especially on the photo-heavy threads. I often end up giving up on those threads.

I think the search function is abysmal, but my solution is to use Google to search PS. It's incredibly easy and effective. If I want to find photos of my ring, I type in "kittybean ec site:pricescope.com" and voila! Lots of pictures and posts about my ring.

Pictures are slightly less cumbersome to upload on 2.0, but it's still a relatively arduous task. Drag and drop would be so nice!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a MAC user, PS 2.0 gives me a lot of functionality that I didn't have before... like being able to insert the menu emoties, make font changes, and insert and edit quotes (for brevity, of course!) easily =) . On the other hand I haven't yet figured out how to insert any of the emoties from the emotie thread. :(sad I miss being able to see who all is on-line, thought I realize that's far from essential. I have gotten used to the new format and finally "internalized" the new "OP" and "last poster" arrangement. Don't care for the "similar threads" box at all.

On the "Resources" tab it took me awhile to figure out that "Featured Sponsor" was the button to use if I wanted to see ALL the SPONSORS... I hope the admins will change that, because I imagine I'm not the only one thrown off by that heading. Also on the vendors list, I keep klicking on the link to the vendor information page when want to get to the vendor's website... perhaps that could be clarified?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe we lost any truly active people because of the change over. I was crazy busy moving when it changed and one day found the new site! I didn't have any trouble with it, so if I didn't, I can't imagine anyone else having that much trouble! I like the way photos are posted much better. The one negative is only pulling up one page when you do a search. You really do have to remember details to find a specific thread. But overall the site looks much more current and professional. I hardly remember what it looked like before, either.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1305684155|2924470 said:
As a MAC user, PS 2.0 gives me a lot of functionality that I didn't have before... like being able to insert the menu emoties, make font changes, and insert and edit quotes (for brevity, of course!) easily =) . On the other hand I haven't yet figured out how to insert any of the emoties from the emotie thread. :(sad I miss being able to see who all is on-line, thought I realize that's far from essential. I have gotten used to the new format and finally "internalized" the new "OP" and "last poster" arrangement. Don't care for the "similar threads" box at all.

On the "Resources" tab it took me awhile to figure out that "Featured Sponsor" was the button to use if I wanted to see ALL the SPONSORS... I hope the admins will change that, because I imagine I'm not the only one thrown off by that heading. Also on the vendors list, I keep klicking on the link to the vendor information page when want to get to the vendor's website... perhaps that could be clarified?

VRBeauty, you can see who's online by putting the cursor on "my pages" then clicking "my account" and scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page.

edited for clarity

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I mostly like it. I like the fact that you have the ability to now scroll to the last post. It works about 60% of the time on my mac. Sometimes it just takes me back to the last post I visited last time (if that makes sense). Quoting seems to be more difficult and I abandoned the search box for google's advanced search option.
It does feel a little quiet in the various categories. I actually think some of them should close up altogether and feed more into the other categories.
I think more than anything, the moderation became very strict for a while and I feel like they are starting to loosen their reins a little bit. I think that's best for fostering thought provoking dialogue and in a way let the forum censor itself more. I figured, why should I comment if I know that the thread will be killed in ten minutes.
I do think the new PS 2.0 looks better and blue is my favorite color.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1305685176|2924481 said:
VRBeauty, you can see who's online by putting the cursor on "my pages" then clicking "my account" and scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page.

Thanks, Junebug! (off to try it...!)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suspect both the BGD thing and the alternative of unmoderated FB is responsible for some decrease in traffic.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1305685543|2924487 said:
I suspect both the BGD thing and the alternative of unmoderated FB is responsible for some decrease in traffic.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1305684155|2924470 said:
strange :confused: ..when i am login its always on the bottom of each page.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1305685980|2924493 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Agreed. I think there was kind of a perfect storm of PS being more moderated (overly so, IMO) and everyone finding each other on FB. The BGD thing was kind of a nail in the coffin.

2.0 doesn't really bother me and I can barely remember what 1.0 looked like. I do miss the old search function, although I do think the search function on 2.0 has improved vastly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that would be my guess too though i am not a member of FB.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results