color
clarity

Does anyone still dislike PS 2.0?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1305687100|2924501 said:
VRBeauty|1305684155|2924470 said:
As a MAC user, PS 2.0 gives me a lot of functionality that I didn't have before... like being able to insert the menu emoties, make font changes, and insert and edit quotes (for brevity, of course!) easily =) . On the other hand I haven't yet figured out how to insert any of the emoties from the emotie thread. :(sad I miss being able to see who all is on-line, thought I realize that's far from essential. I have gotten used to the new format and finally "internalized" the new "OP" and "last poster" arrangement. Don't care for the "similar threads" box at all.
strange :confused: ..when i am login its always on the bottom of each page.

You're right DF, I've never scrolled down that far! :oops:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a hard time with the change and stayed away for a while b/c i just didn't have time to sit and figure things out. I'm used to the new format and it's fine but I really hate the search function now. It's pretty much useless and I used to be able to hunt things down for posters very easily and now the searches yield no real results. Information has changed over the years though so I don't necessarily need to link older threads. I miss being able to find rings though.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1305688463|2924519 said:
strange :confused: ..when i am login its always on the bottom of each page.

You're right DF, I've never scrolled down that far! :oops:[/quote]

Me either!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it well enough. I didn't really have any complaints with the changeover. A lot of the complaints at the time struck me as odd. A lot of posters seem to feel entitled to have things a certain way. I guess I'm of the mindset that I'm here as a guest. The whole of PS, whether 1.0, 2.0 or whatever could be gone tomorrow, and I wouldn't have anything to say about it, so I'm not going to complain about how other things are handled either. But, maybe that's just me. Anyway, carry on.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't mind it so much anymore but the search function isn't great. Other than that I have no real issues although I think traffic has died down a huge amount.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
like most everyone else i find the search function useless.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loves Vintage|1305729069|2924776 said:
I like it well enough. I didn't really have any complaints with the changeover. A lot of the complaints at the time struck me as odd. A lot of posters seem to feel entitled to have things a certain way. I guess I'm of the mindset that I'm here as a guest. The whole of PS, whether 1.0, 2.0 or whatever could be gone tomorrow, and I wouldn't have anything to say about it, so I'm not going to complain about how other things are handled either. But, maybe that's just me. Anyway, carry on.

I don't feel entitled to have things a certain way ... but I do feel like if posters don't vocally provide guidance, the site can go in a direction said posters don't like, said posters will slip away in quiet disappointment, and, poof! no posters on PriceScope. Stuff like the hyperlinking to advertisers and the social networking links rubbed a lot of people the wrong way: stuff like the still-broken search feature is less offensive, but still troublesome. You know how they say the squeaky wheel gets the grease? I figure it's a case of squeaking until things are fixed, not just for individual comfort, but for the sake of the site itself.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
I used to only lurk back in the day but it was a lil more user friendly. The search option for this one is AWFUL and circa internet 1996. there must be a better way of tagging and searching. so cumbersome.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a newcomer so I don't have a point of reference to the old system but a couple of things do bug me about the current system compared to other forums I've seen.

1. Search engine. It's terrible. I guess I have been spoiled by the many forums using vBulletin which has a great and intuitive search engine and I know vBulletin is expensive to host. However, even non-vBulletin sites have better search engines than PS 2.0.

2. No private messaging system. I think this is more of a policy decision rather than a lack of functionality and I understand it to a degree. I have moderated another forum and PMs can be a pain to police. However, PMs can help keep the forums focused on conversations that are meant to be public. I feel for the members that have to post threads to ask another member a simple question and some communications are not really meant to be public. However, without a PM system and no legal way to share contact information, members are given no opportunity other than attending a GTG to have private communication with another member. That's a bit much I think.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I also think the search engine is abysmal. And while I like being able to post more photos in a post, I hate that I have to remember to upload them in reverse order if I'm trying to do a sequence/time sensitive pictures! I finally got use to the look, but my pet peeve is I can no longer jump from thread to thread at the bottom of the page! I have to go back to the "Hangout" page or the "BWW" page and scroll down again! :angryfire:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I never really disliked it...6 of one, half-dozen of another, you know? You're trading one set of pros and cons for a different one. The best feature for me is easier posting of pictures (and posting multiple pics in one post). The signature line being smaller text and offset from the main post is also very nice. The worst part is the search engine. It's way more effective to Google "Pricescope and _____" than to use the terrible search engine here. Also, I can't stand that it takes me to some weird profile page when I log in instead of the thread I was just on, and there's no "return to thread just viewed" link, so I have to dig for it.

ETA: A bit off-topic, but what we really need is a mobile version (i.e. tapatalk) for smartphones. I gave up on trying to read PS on my Droid.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I've gotten used to it, but I still prefer the old version.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
TravelingGal|1305675153|2924342 said:
I liked the quoting better on the other.

I'm also having an issue with PS, but I don't know if it's me and my browser. I click to go to the last post, and it only goes to the top of the last page. Then if I scroll down and the page hasn't completely loaded yet, it will bounce back to the top, making me scroll AGAIN. :angryfire:

Otherwise, the search is decent and I like it just fine. I really do miss the drag and drop photos though.

+1! This is so annoying!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
AmeliaG|1305738773|2924883 said:
No private messaging system. I think this is more of a policy decision rather than a lack of functionality and I understand it to a degree. I have moderated another forum and PMs can be a pain to police. However, PMs can help keep the forums focused on conversations that are meant to be public. I feel for the members that have to post threads to ask another member a simple question and some communications are not really meant to be public. However, without a PM system and no legal way to share contact information, members are given no opportunity other than attending a GTG to have private communication with another member. That's a bit much I think.

Agreed!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
If you mean the current incarnation . . . yes.

I see pictures and posts flipping around for several seconds when changing pages. Every page says "Done, but with errors on page". Whatever the errors are . . .

Moving from point A to point B takes some patience. Patience not being my strong suit, I'm bugged.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The site beats the hell out of my blackberry, can sometimes be weird especially with versions of IE. Its ok, not the worst site I've been on.

-A

LGK

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1305675153|2924342 said:
I liked the quoting better on the other.

I'm also having an issue with PS, but I don't know if it's me and my browser. I click to go to the last post, and it only goes to the top of the last page. Then if I scroll down and the page hasn't completely loaded yet, it will bounce back to the top, making me scroll AGAIN.
:angryfire:

Otherwise, the search is decent and I like it just fine. I really do miss the drag and drop photos though.
Yep, me too. It only started with the advent of the weird sidebar thing. Even after I saved my preferences to keep it from doing that, it started that scrolling glitch. It's super annoying!

I use Google Chrome but I'm pretty sure it did it on IE too.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I never had a problem with the conversion to PS2.0. But something happened to PS in general after the conversion. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something is definitely lacking. The old PS was lighthearted, extremely friendly, and just fun in general.

My nephew's fiancee at the time got me hooked on PS, but she has since moved on since her marriage and impending motherhod. I stayed because I needed the diversion or escape of what was happening in my family and my life. I don't feel that PS is that diversion anymore. We "oldies" got our own thread on F&H and it started off strong, but now has dwindled. I find myself going on less and less until I know I will just disappear and no one will ever notice or ever care.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pros...uploading pics much easier than PS 1

Cons...unable to copy and paste Emoticons or pics
unable to highlight member's quote in yellow

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's really hards for me to comment as I really am not too familiar with the previous PS format.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't remember the first version that well, but have to say the blogs/related threads boxes are SO annoying. Is there any way I can change settings to remove those? Not only are they in the way, it's so annoying that if I click on a related thread, it may be a year or more old!

Other than that, I don't remember the old PS's format, just the people/topics were different!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am certainly used to it now.

I like that you can load more than one photo at a time. I like that you don't have to use an exclusive name.

The quotes don't work as well as in the old PS. I miss being able to drop and drag photos or emoticons. I don't find the search tool useful at all.

I really notice how many people we no longer see here.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Newest annoying problem = when I'm on page 2 or more of a thread and wish to hit "reply" or "back to (forum)" when I hold my mouse over the button to click it, it disappears! It jumps away! The "back to" button seems to jump down the page and the "reply" (and therefore previous posts) jump UP the page! I'm so tired of chasing everything around! What with all the underlining and bold font, it's a pain. PLEASE FIX PRICESCOPE, ADMINS! :(

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
UnluckyTwin|1306149265|2928201 said:
Newest annoying problem = when I'm on page 2 or more of a thread and wish to hit "reply" or "back to (forum)" when I hold my mouse over the button to click it, it disappears! It jumps away! The "back to" button seems to jump down the page and the "reply" (and therefore previous posts) jump UP the page! I'm so tired of chasing everything around! What with all the underlining and bold font, it's a pain. PLEASE FIX PRICESCOPE, ADMINS! :(

Please let us know what browser and OS are you using. This will help us reproduce it.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1306084721|2927784 said:
I don't remember the first version that well, but have to say the blogs/related threads boxes are SO annoying. Is there any way I can change settings to remove those? Not only are they in the way, it's so annoying that if I click on a related thread, it may be a year or more old!
Other than that, I don't remember the old PS's format, just the people/topics were different!

I've actually been enjoying reading the older threads. Some are helpful and others are just interesting but I really don't think I would have found them withouth the links on the side.
I DO wish that they didn't cut off the current posts though.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1306184255|2928492 said:

I've actually been enjoying reading the older threads. Some are helpful and others are just interesting but I really don't think I would have found them withouth the links on the side.

I'm actually kind of addicted to reading those older threads. Some of them get pretty interesting!

I think there is a way to remove that box, but I can't remember how. Big help, I know :rolleyes:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1306187157|2928543 said:
TooPatient|1306184255|2928492 said:

I'm actually kind of addicted to reading those older threads. Some of them get pretty interesting!

I think there is a way to remove that box, but I can't remember how. Big help, I know :rolleyes:

Oh ok, I got it - go to my pages then board preferences - then set no for "display right blocks on topic page". When I did it, it was already set to "no" so I clicked yes, the did it again and clicked no. It got rid of the box.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS Admin|1306181090|2928443 said:

Please let us know what browser and OS are you using. This will help us reproduce it.
Andrey
i am on windows XP and everything goes BOLD after the first page... :wacko:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1306190127|2928590 said:

Andrey
i am on windows XP and everything goes BOLD after the first page... :wacko:

On Win 7 and am having the same problem. Also the problem I mentioned earlier still kills me...that I can hit go to last post, and it only goes to the TOP of the last page. Then when I scroll down, it bumps be back UP to the top of the page because I didn't wait until it had completely loaded.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Hi Andrey,

I am using Internet Explorer with Windows XP. Thanks for working on this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results