shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone own this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to be posting again about this but I just need some reassurance....I left a message for Issac at Signed Pieces but I haven''t heard from him yet.

This is the wedding band I have chosen and SP will make a matching engagment ring...

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=4000

But the thread today about the chipped stones in the shared prong settings is making me re-think my choice. I absolutely LOVE this setting!! It''s the only one I keep coming back to and thinking "this is it!!" but I don''t want to choose something I''m going to be getting repaired all of the time.

I remember reading a while ago about some issues with SP''s sets but I''ve also read that they''ve corrected it. Has anyone purchased this set recently?

I have a couple of questions to ask Issac when he calls...am I leaving anything out?

-do the diamonds in the bands overhang and thus rub together?
-do the diamonds in the wedding band rub the prongs of the center stone in the engagment ring?
-is the head of the engagment ring set down into the band or on top? (does this make sense??)

I really want my rings to sit flush but if there must be a tiny gap to keep chipping from happening then I guess that''s what I''ll have to do. I''m very sentimental and plan to keep these settings for a very long time.

Thanks everyone!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have heard they were working on fixing the problem of diamond overhang/girdles touching but don''t know what the final outcome has turned out to be. I guess, I''d find out what type of warrantly SP has on the rings and for how long...i.e. if stones get chipped will they replace them etc.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
Update: Isaac just called and he is assuring me that the diamonds do not rub...only the metal will touch. I guess I will just have to see what they look like once we order and receive them. I''m still a little nervous though.

Would it be terribly rude if I asked for something in writing? I believe another member (Demelza maybe?) had SP tell her the same thing but she still had issues. I''m hoping that they really have corrected the issue since then. I guess that''s what insurance is for.

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I also got a good education about shared prong settings recently.
23.gif
Good enough to make me buy a 2mm spacer yesterday, lol. Sorry, I don''t have this setting, but my anniversary band looks really similar. I got the spacer because I have a ring with surprise diamonds that I want to wear with my band, and I''m scared. Like you, I don''t want to take any chances. I''m so glad I saw that thread!

Good luck, I hope you can get exactly what you want!

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
SP does have a 30 day return policy so I can at least wear them together to see if they tend to rub together under normal wear. I guess I do need to ask them what they would do in the event that the stones do rub together and cause damage. I''ve also emailed them to ask if they notch the prongs of the engagment ring head to make the rings sit flush. I forgot to ask Isaac but he did say that they set their rings as low as they can while still making them sit flush.

I mean he''s told me that the diamonds absolutely do not rub but it would be kinda nice to have that in writing in the event that I find that isn''t the case once I start wearing them together full time. I''m just afraid that seems rude???

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it''s rude, and it sure beats kicking yourself later if something does happen. That''s just me.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results