shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone like tennis?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it is a long shot, but yesterday during the match between Federer and Nadal, which did not end well for Federer, the camera showed Mirka, Federer's wife, several times. My husband paid attention to diamonds in her ears (I think these were, actually, 3-stone earrings, but hard to tell), and also a huge stone on her finger. I took a glimpse of the stone - it had teal color. I do not know what it is. A paraiba? A pretty tourmaline? Does anyone here like tennis enough to remember?

Sparkly_Not_Gaudy

Rough_Rock
My younger son is a tennis nut...but if I asked him this question, the eyes would roll out of his head.

Her parents are jewelers, so I am guessing/hoping she has quite a nice wardrobe of jewels. Sorry I can't help with your specific question though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope she wasn't playing tennis with a giant paraiba on her hand!! :shock: :???: :-o

slg47

Ideal_Rock
TL she was watching from the stands

I am a huge tennis fan but had to work on Sunday morning so did not watch (yes, meeting at 8 am Sunday morning!) I wonder if there are any pictures of it?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
TL|1307413007|2939514 said:
I hope she wasn't playing tennis with a giant paraiba on her hand!! :shock: :???: :-o

Ok now we all know TL doesn't watch tennis. :lol:

I didn't notice the ring but Mirka's looking lovelier these days and less homely.

So her parents are jewellers and she has Roger Federer? What a lucky woman. :o

T

talamasca

Found these pics - that's one large ring, but no idea what it is! I'm off to Google some more :D

Mirka Federer 5.jpg

Mirka Federer 4.jpg

Mirka Federer 3.jpg

Mirka Federer 2.jpg

T

talamasca

And....

Mirka Federer 1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could be an aqua too. I would suspect that before a paraiba as many jewelers have never heard of paraiba, let alone have them in their inventory.

Yes, I never watch tennis. My husband loves racquetball, is that the same thing???

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is pretty, but what I really love are Anna Wintour's necklaces (she's sitting behind Mirka).

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Wild stab here..but..I think it's an emerald from looking at these pics

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amethystguy|1307452768|2939732 said:

You could be right!! It's so hard to tell though from this far away.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amethystguy|1307452768|2939732 said:

You could be right!! It's so hard to tell though from this far away.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a tennis nut but too nutty to be paying attention to the jewellery - I only had eyes for the players that morning. :bigsmile: Wow, hard to take a stab at that stone - it could be anything from tourmaline to beryl else.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, I was watching the players, too. It was my husband who paid attention to Mirka and her stones. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results