shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know where to find a setting like this one. PLS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
I have searched and searched and cant find anything remotely like it.

To see the setting i am talking about you will have to cut and paste the link below....when the link comes up click on the pic of the ring to enlarge then when it opens their will be 3 pics at the top you can look at the pic to the far right will show what i am looking for...Does anyone know what this setting is called(zales said it was a tiffany setting)...the setting i liked was 3mm....I plan on putting a 1.09 asscher 5.74x5.67x3.95
in the setting....ITS THE V look and flatness of the prongs that i like....will an asscher look good in a setting such as this

http://www.zales.com/catalog/ProductLargeView.aspx?Item=15846280

I AM NOT BUYING MY DIAMOND FROM ZALES....I just know i saw a setting i liked when i stopped in on one of my 1st learning excursions...

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Good Man! Not buying diamonds from the "maul" is a good start.

That is a classic setting, and it is generally referred to as a Tiffany mount. Almost everybody carries one, and any local small jeweler in your area could assemble one from Stuller parts or order a pre-made wax if they don't have a variant of thier own.

Really now, people with classic tastes are going to put poor jewelry designers like me out of business.
2.gif

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
griffin
thanks but i have had one he1l of a time finding this setting online.

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
That setting is classic and would look great with any shape...

This is my favorite setting for an asscher -- I saw this online somewhere and loved it.

Lots of nice asscher settings here and here too...

Good luck.

asscher01.jpg

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
robyn
thanks for the links...i have actually looked at both of those links already and they do have some nice settings but unfortunately not the one i am looking for...i posted a better link to the pick of the one i want...well i am printing that pic out and taking it on my diamond trails today...wish me luck!

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
If you really can't find what you want, I or anyone like me could make that setting for you easily, but I really don't think that you should need to go that far.
Have you tried any small jewelers local to your area?

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
this is the best i can do but it is the setting i am looking for

SETTINGJPEG.JPG

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
Just went to the Zales site and took a closer look. That is a great setting, but it is sort of the VW bug or Fender Strat of E-rings, I couldn't imagine a store NOT knowing where to get one. I find I have to stock them whether I want to or not because they are just so classic and in demand all the time.
Try a small jeweler, I'm sure they'll just smile and pull one out.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock

----------------
On 2/5/2004 8:54:47 AM Griffin wrote:

Just went to the Zales site and took a closer look. That is a great setting, but it is sort of the VW bug or Fender Strat of E-rings, I couldn't imagine a store NOT knowing where to get one. I find I have to stock them whether I want to or not because they are just so classic and in demand all the time.
Try a small jeweler, I'm sure they'll just smile and pull one out.
----------------

Griffin,

I did find a very reputable jewler in her hometown yesterday that said they could "MAKE" that setting for me NO PROBLEM....However still NOT ONE jewler has been able to "PULL ONE OUT"

8.gif
for me....which of course would make me feel much better....

Grif where are you located???

Also does anyone know approximately what this setting in PLATINUM at 3mm would cost me....I know the price of platinum at the exact time will affect my final price...

thanks!

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
3mm would make for a fairly heavy mounting, so depending on who you talk to it would run between $450-900 in platinum, and $150-$350 in 14 or 18k gold.

I'm located in Colorado, and the V-prong style head is very popular here. Your trouble finding one made me curious to look for it elsewhere and I was very surprised to find it seems to have fallen out of fashion if it's lack of inclusion into this years upcoming bridal lines is any indication. That's a shame.

Jewelers supply catalogs like Frei & Borel do carry both this style head and the shank you pictured, so a jeweler should be able to assemble one fairly easily for you.

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
griffin I have had no luck in finding a jewler that can craft this setting ...i may need to do some biz with you...pls Private Message me so we can get in touch via email or phone.

tks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results