shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know what kind of stones these might be

Kitten465

Rough_Rock
Hi..I found this bracelet in my jewelry box and decided to wear it..it must be a few years old and I forgot about it..it is so pretty that I am on a mission to find out what the stones are..it also has earrings to go with it..I believe it is green garnet and pink sapphire..the pic on my wrist is inside..the long pic is in natural light..the last pic is the best of the 3 for actual color..the center pale green and pink next to it are about exact color..also where would one go to find out what the stones are? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Liz

ess1466700959974.jpg

ess1466701002902.jpg

20160623_132637.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
The green stones could very well be tsavorite... I suppose you could have it appraised, they should tell you. Or, you could trot into a pawn shop and see what they say.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Could also be tourmaline, possibly green bery/emerald (though they seem very eye clean for that), and unlikely peridot, which in my experience runs more yellowy-green than the pictures you indicate.

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Oh also Merelani Garnet is a high possibility.

Kitten465

Rough_Rock
Hello...thank you for your replys..I know their not peridot because that's my birthstone..and I don't have much of it because I really don't like the color that much..I didn't know a pawn shop would be an option to find out what they are..what an odd place, never would have thought of them..all I know is they are real because I don't wear cz "fake" colored stones. Thanks again for your help.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really curious, if you don't know what they are how do you know they aren't fake? A vendor could have sold them as any gemstone but it doesn't rule out its glass.

What is the metal?

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet appears to be sterling silver. If so, I think it's highly likely the green stones are green quartz (green amethyst/prasiolite). It's likely the pink stones are rose de France amethysts. Your bracelet is very pretty. Enjoy wearing it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poodles4me|1466787215|4047561 said:
Your bracelet appears to be sterling silver. If so, I think it's highly likely the green stones are green quartz (green amethyst/prasiolite). It's likely the pink stones are rose de France amethysts. Your bracelet is very pretty. Enjoy wearing it.

I was just coming to this thread to say the same. Some of the photos do make it appear like prasiolite and amethyst, and given the amount of stones, this is my guess as well. It would be much less likely to be grossular garnet (that is, tsavorite and merelani mint), as it would be a challenge to find that many matching stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1466787816|4047569 said:
Poodles4me|1466787215|4047561 said:

I was just coming to this thread to say the same. Some of the photos do make it appear like prasiolite and amethyst, and given the amount of stones, this is my guess as well. It would be much less likely to be grossular garnet (that is, tsavorite and merelani mint), as it would be a challenge to find that many matching stones.

ha, came to say the same thing! Almost certainly are green quartz and ammy, given that they are set in SS and because of the clarity. Tsavorite or merelani would be more included and it would be extremely difficult to match stones for that many. Very pretty!

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Good point about the metal! It's best to get it inspected in person by a jeweler / pawn shop/ appraiser if you want to be sure.

Kitten465

Rough_Rock
Hi..thank you for your response..it is sterling silver..and thought it was very pretty..that is why I am trying to find out what the stones are..like I said..I believe they are some type of genuine stone becauseI don't wear cz in colored stones and my husband would never buy me cz knowing that..I don't even really wear white cz..idk..I just prefer the real thing..so when someone comments on a piece I am wearing I can tell them what it is..I guess I will take them to my jeweler I bought my engagement/wedding rings from..maybe they will know..do you really think a pawn shop would know? Here's a pic of my wedding set..waiting on an appraisal from my jeweler for ins purpose because they are now 11 yrs old and need to update my policy. Thanks again for all the comments.

ess1466961768349.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results