shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know if it’s possible to resize a Cartier Trinity?

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
I just got my birthday/anniversary present which is a small size Cartier Trinity. I love it. However, since wearing it for the first time today, it felt slightly loose. It doesn’t come off on it’s own, but if I shake my hand, it will. I’m worried about losing it down the drain while washing my hands or something similar. The issue is that I had this ring engraved because I tried them on in store and the sales associate thought that this was the right size for me. After texting with him just now, he’s mentioning the idea of “ring liners” and/or waiting to see if it really isn’t fitting right. Any thoughts or experience with this topic would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got mine resized by Daniel M - no issues whatsoever

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my birthday/anniversary present which is a small size Cartier Trinity. I love it. However, since wearing it for the first time today, it felt slightly loose. It doesn’t come off on it’s own, but if I shake my hand, it will. I’m worried about losing it down the drain while washing my hands or something similar. The issue is that I had this ring engraved because I tried them on in store and the sales associate thought that this was the right size for me. After texting with him just now, he’s mentioning the idea of “ring liners” and/or waiting to see if it really isn’t fitting right. Any thoughts or experience with this topic would be much appreciated!

Your SA is correct. Definitely wait on any sizing.

You will want to see how it fits in summer... Your fingers will swell in the heat, and if it’s just slightly loose right now it will mostly likely be perfect (perhaps even a touch too tight) in a few months.

If you later decide to have it sized, have Cartier - only Cartier - do the work (unless maintaining authenticity is not of concern to you).

I personally size my rings for summer comfort, and I have a couple of bands in smaller sizes to stack with in winter.

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Follow up: my SA said that they are able to size it one size down only within their sizing scheme so it would go from a 6 to a 5 3/4. The first time sizing is free. I hope this is enough and will make a difference because 1/4 of a size sounds pretty negligible.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

Cartier has a 30 days return/exchange policy. If you’re still within that timeframe, it’d be easier to exchange it to a smaller size than to get it resized. I’m with @yssie that if you want to size down, wait until you have a chance to wear it in the summer. Or at least run your hand under warm water for a few minutes or put it on after your shower/bath then see how the ring fits. The trinity worn slightly loose is okay otherwise when it’s too tight it can be hard to roll it off unless you have really slim knuckles.

MeganShannon11

Shiny_Rock
Cartier has a 30 days return/exchange policy. If you’re still within that timeframe, it’d be easier to exchange it to a smaller size than to get it resized. I’m with @yssie that if you want to size down, wait until you have a chance to wear it in the summer. Or at least run your hand under warm water for a few minutes or put it on after your shower/bath then see how the ring fits. The trinity worn slightly loose is okay otherwise when it’s too tight it can be hard to roll it off unless you have really slim knuckles.

I actually had this ring engraved, so I can’t exchange it, unfortunately. I think I do have slim knuckles because I’m afraid it’s going to come off now just after washing my hands.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Another good test is go for a brisk walk, that will typically swell your fingers to something like a summer heat size. The arms hanging below your heart will pool some fluid in your hands.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
glad that you can get it resized. and agree with all that has been said, get Cartier to do it.

We have had my partners trinity inspired ring resized, 2 times and it ended up being 2 sizes, as they had measured incorrectly. they were only measuring for one ring and not 3 rolling on each other. hence everyone's great advice on getting cartier to measure and resize it.

and as others have also stated, if you can wait till summer, that would be a better gauge. tissues swell, so best to get it assessed then. also, you have to be mindful that if family planning, that too, can also cause changes in ring sizes.

being so new to these lux pieces, you want to do what is the best for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't have it sized, because later you may need the size they are now, and repeated sizing would be a pain as well as not great for the rings. And as others said, never size unless you are in the hottest part of the year.

I use ring snuggies for my rings that are too big. You just cut a small piece off (like 1/4") and wrap it around the bottom of whatever ring fits closest to your finger. There are many other listings similar to this one. I use the thinner ones, but I guess the thicker ones would be good for rings that are very loose.

I made my new setting in my avatar picture a little bigger on purpose because tri-wire shanks are not easy to size, so I just use a ring snuggie and the ring won't fall off my finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results