shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone here wear their e-ring and wedding band on different hands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m afraid the wedding band I want will look ridiculous with my e-ring.

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Hey Harriet-

I've never worn a band, just my e-ring for the last 11.5 years - engaged 1.5 and married almost 10. It has a RB in the center with an oval, tapered baguettes and 3 stacked tiny rounds on each side in bar set. I've never had any comments about not wearing a wedding band with my ering.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
But we''re geeks, remember?
2.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh, so you wanted a non-geek opinion.... OK, let''s wait for the others to chime in...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No offence meant!
17.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many people wear the ering on the right hand and the wedding band on the left. Today, there are no hard fast rules. Do what suits YOU Harriet.
2.gif

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Of course not, Harriet. No offence taken.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess which band I''m after?

bluehue

Shiny_Rock
Well, I would guess big sparkly diamonds all the way around your tiny finger!!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Getting late, but will guess the Memoire band you were asking the price of earlier???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spot on!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, I''m good!!
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That you are. What do you think of the Cartier version?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF and I saw it at Cartier this week. I haven''t seen the one by Memoire in person, but can speak to the quality of the line. I sold it years ago, very high end, and great quality. I''d go and see it in person, to see for yourself. In NYC, I''d imagine there are many places that carry it. You can do a search for the location nearest you. My hunch is that the Memoire will be a tad less than the Cartier, but could be wrong. Let us know how they compare.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not married yet, but I am planning on doing this. I have a split shank ring that is really a stand alone ring and I didn''t want to wreck the symmetry by wearing a wedding band with it. I plan on wearing my e-ring on my right hand and my blingy five-stone wedding band on my left. Do what suits you, the rules are so loose these days!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not wear my rings together, it would look terrible.

My stone alone is great, and my band too, but together I might not be able to bend my knuckle. I really prefer them on different hands. Sometimes I forgo my e ring and wear my band with some stack rings on the other hand, but generally I wear my e ring on my left and my band on my right...

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
My friend has the Cartier rolling rings as a wband that is worn on her right hand. She has her monster 5 carat three stone ering (3 ct. center - 2ctw. side stones) on the left and there isn''t any more room.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, Harriet. I wear both mine on my left hand for several reasons: 1) my left hand is more slender and prettier than my RH
1.gif
; 2) I have another diamond RHR; 3) it is kind of traditional to me (not saying it''s right or wrong, just my preference
1.gif
), 4) I am very clumsy and for sure would damage my bigger (e-ring) diamond if I wear it on my right hand, since I am right-handed.

I''d say do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I've decided. My wedding band will be a plain platinum one. The Cartier will hopefully be my anniversary gift. Then, on days when I don't feel like wearing my wedding set, the Cartier will stand in as a wedding ring.

Kaleigh,
The Cartier costs $9,800.

DF,
That's really funny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results