shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have this WF e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
I am interested in getting the e-ring from whiteflash but I would love to see pictures of others who may own the ring already. I would especially appreciate hand shots. http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Cathedral-Pave-Ring_929.htm# Hopefully the link will work but I''ve also attached a pic of a file. I don''t know how to upload images onto the post.

Thanks
21.gif

plat.cath.pave.ering.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen rings similar to that, but the diamond in that picture is really, really set too high!

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker,
I had wondered about the seting height as well. How do you know what''s too high? I HATE bezel and tension settings so their out of the question. I am considereing just going to a B&M to look at some of their rings just to get an idea about what I like. I like WF but their return policy is only 10 days. I prefer bluenile''s 30 day policy or uniondiamonds 30 day but I like the look of WF settings and their prices. Looking for an engagement ring isn''t quite as "fun" as I had hoped it would be.

The search continues.......
7.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is quite similar. (Link to my thread) You can take a look at the difference in baskets.
I'm sure WhiteFlash can set the stone lower - which would look much better. Send them an email and ask, they may also have some "real life pics." I've always wondered about that WF setting too. I don't know of anyone who owns it.

Scintillating...

SH

Rough_Rock
tmdblue,
Stick with the search... I was getting very frustrated looking as well; but I think my patience has paid off and I''m sure it will all work out for you too

As for settings, I agree that it looks a little high. Check out this link... it''s a pave set cathedral with a basket setting that I think is gorgeous. It is similar to the one that you posted. I know it''s an asscher and the pic you had was RB but it might give you some ideas

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/easter-proposal-and-now-heres-my-asscher.43723/

**Tiffany**

Rough_Rock
Sunmoon has a gorgeous asscher set in a higher cathedral type setting with diamond side stones. it is not exactly the same but it might give you an idea of the way a similar setting looks on a hand and some perspective on height. Although I think hers is still lower than the example. Here is a link to her thread with some hand shots. Hope that helps.
I hope she doesn''t mind if I post it, I have been staring at it all day
30.gif
Simply stunning!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-proposed.44818/

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/9/2006 7:10:37 PM
Author:tmdblue
I am interested in getting the e-ring from whiteflash but I would love to see pictures of others who may own the ring already. I would especially appreciate hand shots. http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/Platinum-Cathedral-Pave-Ring_929.htm# Hopefully the link will work but I''ve also attached a pic of a file. I don''t know how to upload images onto the post.

Thanks
21.gif
I don''t think the setting is too high. I think it''s an illusion due to the way shank is set high on the basket, also due to the extreme close-up of the picture. I prefer diamonds set high. Maybe Whiteflash can provide you with a hand shot. It''s worth a try e-mailing them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
TMDBlue- What sort of life style do you lead? Do you talk with your hands often? That setting looks very high to be, and it seems like it would get caught on things more and be more likely to whacked against something. JMO.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well a w-ring would definitely sit flush with that.

i''d ask WF about the possibility of lowering the head.

i also don''t know that we''ve seen anyone on here with that setting. good luck!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have tried that setting on in WFs office and its very pretty and more delicate looking than it is in the picture. I''m sure you email them they''ll send you some hand shots.

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 11:10:26 AM
Author: Matatora
TMDBlue- What sort of life style do you lead? Do you talk with your hands often? That setting looks very high to be, and it seems like it would get caught on things more and be more likely to whacked against something. JMO.
I''m a graduate student so I don''t use my hands often. I don''t know if I talk with my hands often, I never thought about it. I think that I should just call WF and ask about it. My bf wants to make the purchase at the end of this month so time is limited.
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this one...see how much lower it is set? (from Dimend Scaasi)

1-E7180_large_2.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
TMDblue- definitely get hand shots and also try ask if they could drop a stone in the size range you are considering into the setting to see how the final proportions look to your eye.
I really like the one DS2006 posted as well, I like that the shank does not taper in, it reminds me scintillating’s ring, and has a richer feel IMO. The diamond scassi is 425$ more then the WF ring, but also has .10 higher tcw.
I guess it would be dependent on how you plan and spending your budget and which look appeals to you more.

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
Wow that Dimend Scassi is beautiful!
1.gif
I''m not sure about the price premium though and their lack of a selection of diamonds. I just sent an email to WF to inquiry about the Cathedral Pave Setting (asked specifically for handshots & if it could be set with a princess). I also sent them an inquiry for a custom job. I''ll have to see what the estimate is to see if it''s within our budget. Wish me luck, I only have a few weeks to get this whole thing together.

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I have a cathedral with a round (no pave on the sides) set pretty high like that. At first it really bothered me but now I like it alot. It does give the illusion that the diamond is bigger than its weight. I will say that I knock it around alot but I also use my hands alot. My eternity band fits flush and it''s a very classic, elegant setting IMO ofcourse
2.gif
What I did was go to some stores and try on rings that were similar. I tried on the cathedrals to see if I''d even like them. That''s probably something you should think about before purchasing if you are weary of the height. Good luck!

tmdblue

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 4:33:38 PM
Author: appletini
I have tried that setting on in WFs office and its very pretty and more delicate looking than it is in the picture. I''m sure you email them they''ll send you some hand shots.
Appletini,

I just called WF and Selene told me that she would try to get some handhots. However in a email from Bob he said that they didn''t have any because each is made to a customer''s specification. So we''ll see what happens. Since you''ve tried it on did you think that it sat up too high? What about the tapering towards the basket? Did it look ok? I''m also thinking that adding milgrain would look nice around the pave. The diamonds at the "mall" are horrible. Only IGI and non-certified diamonds and waaaaay overpriced. But I did find out that I Looove princess cuts and hate round brilliants and nothing less than 1ct will do
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results