shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have the Sholdt design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone
35.gif
This is only my 2nd post so first I wanted to thank everyone for their time and efforts to make this such a great website! I''ve learned so much in a few months and have become quite addicted t everyone''s gorgeous rings!
My inquiry is regarding a Sholdt Design called simply solitaire. I find it on Pearlman''s at http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/sholdt-jewelry/rings/28ZZ1/. I''m having trouble uploading the picture on my new mac so sorry about not having the pic handy. I''m wondering if anyone has this or knows where I can find more pictures of it?!? I checked the Sholdt sight too and didn''t find it. I even called the local jeweler who carries Sholdt only t find they just stopped carrying it...so I thought I would check here! Thanks
1.gif

snow483

Rough_Rock
I have that style Sholdt ring, but mine has diamonds on the band. It''s this ring on the Pearlman''s site: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/sholdt-jewelry/rings/29ZZ1/

Hopefully it helps to give you an idea of what that style of ring would look like IRL! The center diamond is a 1.1 RB.

snow483.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snow, it''s gorgeous! Do you have profile shots?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
That IS gorgeous!! From this angle it looks a lot like the ritani setting, but the profiles are very different. I''d love to see a profile pic!

snow483

Rough_Rock
Here is a side view, although it''s not a very good picture. I wear a size 5 if that gives you a better idea of the band width. My fingers look a lot plumper in these pics than they do in real life! I''ve heard so many others say that on here, and now that I''ve posted a picture I realize it''s true!
1.gif

snow4832.jpg

snow483

Rough_Rock
Here is another profile shot. Sorry, I''m a ring photo newbie!

snow4833.jpg

jeg80

Rough_Rock
That is goreous snow!!! Thanks so much for posting that
30.gif

Would a band sit totally flush with that? It looks like it would but I want to be sure!

snow483

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! I love my ring! It''s simple, classic and has an understated elegance. I was originally attracted to the plain setting but ended up choosing the bead set one.

The matching band does sit flush with engagement ring. I''m sure a non-matching band that is just as dainty would sit flush, too. I''ve only tried on a few non-matching bands, but they were too tall so they didn''t sit well with the engagement ring. I''m not sure how wide the shank is, but it''s definitely less than 2mm. Maybe 1.7? It''s very sturdy though.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Did you get the matching band from Pearlman''s? I didn''t see those...I will have to search more! Thanks again...you have been a tremendous help
1.gif

snow483

Rough_Rock
I''m glad I could help! I actually don''t have the matching band yet since my wedding isn''t until the fall. The setting is from a local jewelry store and that''s where I had tried on a matching wedding ring. They told me they would order the matching ring for me from Sholdt. According to the e-ring appraisal, the bead set diamonds are .005 for a CTW of .12. I don''t see a matching band on the Pearlman''s website though.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all your input & congrats on your upcoming wedding
36.gif

I really wish there was a store near me that i could go try on this setting but there''s not. I''m also concerned b/c I''m not sure how a 0.75-0.9 size stone will look in it...Decisions, decisions
19.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 9:23:19 AM
Author: jeg80
Thanks again for all your input & congrats on your upcoming wedding
36.gif

I really wish there was a store near me that i could go try on this setting but there''s not. I''m also concerned b/c I''m not sure how a 0.75-0.9 size stone will look in it...Decisions, decisions
19.gif

i think a .75-.9 stone would look beautiful. pearlmans will send the setting out to you on memo if you don''t have a dealer near you so you could see it in person.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
That''s fantastic news about them sending it to try on
9.gif
And thanks for your opinion on the stone size for that setting...I was thinking it might be ok but it ALWAYS helps to get others opinion so thank you!

snow483

Rough_Rock
I think 0.75-0.9 would look great, too! The setting, whether plain or bead set, really compliments the center stone because it''s so thin. Another thing I like about the setting is that the diamond is not set super high so I don''t knock it on things.

jeg80

Rough_Rock
That is actually the main reason I like it...b/c it is set low! Thanks again for all your help
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results