shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have pics of the Whiteflash 4-prong Tiffany setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been a few people who did have that setting temporarily on here I think...

Have to say I am really not a fan of it, it''s nothing like the real Tiffany, I always think of this one as a temporary setting or something.

Between the two, the knife-edge for me is a much better looking piece in general.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, thanks for the feedback! I''m not a huge fan of the setting either, but I tend to prefer 4-prong to 6-prong rings. The Stuller settings people suggested were okay, but I''m not completely sold on them either because of the bulkiness of the prongs. Ugh, why does this have to be so difficult?
20.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I really like the Stuller Solstice rings, but they are a bit bulkier and less delicate than similar solitaires I''ve seen. My solitaire from Superbcert is surprisingly thin and delicate looking. Bill Pearlman told me a while back that he could make some of the pave rings in his Pearlman''s collection without diamonds. I was considering that option for a while.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about doing something like kristy darling's ring from james allen? with or without the surprise diamonds...but it's a 4 prong with some detailing i think in a simple solitaire setting.

or having WF make you the 6 prong tiffany but in a 4 prong? it seems doable?

i have the stuller 4 prong solstics low head and i love it but it sometimes feels like it needs a little more rounding to the prongs or something...from the angled side view it's really pretty but from the prongs are not as fluid as the tiffany of course.

i am torn on when i get my bigger diamond on what to do with the head since it will have to be replaced. toying with the idea of having WF or someone (aka toppers local jewelers) make me a new head that fits the diamond with a bit of detailing on it, something different and unique or just keeping it simple and putting it into a 4 or 6 prong low solstice again. decisions decisions.

oh and when you say bulkiness of the prongs on the stuller, do you mean the tips of the prongs or the more the bottom of the prongs aka where they all join together in the culet? because i had WF file down my tips to be very small, they originally were bigger and drove me insane. now i love them, they are unobtrusive in regular viewing.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza, I love the Superbcert setting but unfortunately it''s 2.5mm and I''m all about the super thin bands. Unfortunately they said they couldn''t make a 2mm band with a similar head. I just contacted WF today to see if they can custom-make such a ring.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, just wanted to jump in here. I''ve ordered the Union Diamond 6 prong knife edge, and I love it. It''s a really tiffany, with a nice thin band. 2.3 mm at the widest. I agree with Demelza, the knife edge does really make it seem even thinner. It is quite delicate, the head is really nice. And the price is very nice, half that of Superbcert or WF. I am 100% positive it''s 950 plat (I had Martin Fuller look at it while he appraised our diamond).

Hope this helps!

http://www.uniondiamond.com/jewelry/jewelry.php?item_id=943&action_type_id=2&pic_name=&shape_id=

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2005 9:17:12 PM
Author: peonygirl
Demelza, I love the Superbcert setting but unfortunately it''s 2.5mm and I''m all about the super thin bands. Unfortunately they said they couldn''t make a 2mm band with a similar head. I just contacted WF today to see if they can custom-make such a ring.
Peonygirl, it''s like you read my mind. I am looking for something similar and am having trouble finding a thin enough band. I would be interested in a band approx. 2mm wide in either the traditional Tiffany setting or possibly the knife edge if it is comfortable enough. I would love to see anyone post pics if they have something along these lines that is very thin. Please let us know if you hear back from WF on going custom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results