shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have pics of a 1.7-2mm shared prong band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think all of the e-ring settings and wedding rings I''ve seen have been 2.4 mm or bigger.

And what''s the verdict on bands <2mm? Are these too fragile for daily wear even if well-made? I noticed that SP sells down to 1.7mm.

Thanks for your help!

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone? :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Peonygirl
35.gif
No I don''t think that a 2mm band is too fragile for daily wear, I wear my 2mm band daily and it goes through a lot
6.gif
I think you will find that thin bands are popular around here as they help to make the stone pop. I can''t answer about the shared prong band, but if you look in Show Me the Ring and the Eyecandy folder in the above forums you should find some examples and help there to start you off. My 2mm band is very comfortable and easy to wear, I wouldn''t want it any thicker personally.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my shared prong eternity band is 2 or 2.3mm wide. it is very thin and i wouldn''t want anything thinner. It was custom made by WF. I know WF won''t go any lower than 2mm because it could affect the integrity of the ring. Signedpieces sells one as low as 1.5mm but it doesn''t have much diamond weight either
2.gif

Layne

Shiny_Rock
My ering is from Bluenile and it is probably about 3mm, with sidestones. I would guess that if you didn''t have sidestones you could go thinner, especially if you plan to wear it in combination with a wedding ring.

I got my wedding ring at http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/Platfl1.html (it is 2mm, the first one on the page). I tried the 3mm first and didn''t like it, they promplty returned it and send on the 2mm, which I have been happy with for 2+ years.

I love having thinner bands, I''m sure you will find what you are looking for with some more digging!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results