shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have/love turquoise? Post your pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My maternal grandmother has several pieces of simple and elaborate turquoise jewelry. I started to collect my own pieces when she gave me the bracelet on the upper left. The green bracelet and ring I just bought from Pearlman''s. they have a large selection in their secondhand section. Fun!

Turquoise pieces2.jpg

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
I luuurve Turquoise! What a lovely collection

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like turquoise and you have a gorgeous collection. I love your grandmother''s bracelet. I have a necklace and earrings that I bought many years back in Arizona. I''ll post pics when we get back from Florida next week.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
turquoise is one of the December birthstones, and I never liked it til recently. I love the pale blue non speckled kind, that is like a robin''s egg blue. I have a couple pretty pieces, my favorite is a pair of flower earrings set with pave and they are gorgeous.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
You have a lovely collection! I live in New Mexico and wore a lot of turquoise when I was younger, but then I discovered gold jewelry and stopped wearing it for many years. It is beginning to appeal to me again.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think people with beautiful tans look awesome in turquoise. Also, worn with jeans it looks great. I love the chunky stuff. I do not look good in it so I don''t really wear it
8.gif
I especially love the antique stuff!!!
36.gif

What you have is gorgeous!
30.gif
I almost forgot, I actually have an antique turquoise band from the 1930''s and it is gorgeous!!! I do wear that!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Turquoise, but don''t have any yet. I''d love a pair of earrings!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 10:49:29 AM
Author: diamondfan
turquoise is one of the December birthstones, and I never liked it til recently. I love the pale blue non speckled kind, that is like a robin''s egg blue. I have a couple pretty pieces, my favorite is a pair of flower earrings set with pave and they are gorgeous.

DF, I''m with you, the non-veined kind is my favorite. My MIL insists that is the only
kind to have! I don''t have any like that, but I do have lots of the other stuff!
I love Concho Belts with chunky stones on it. I had one made in New Mexico, but rarely wear it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is called Persian turq. I have these gorgeous earrings, the center is an oval stone, surrounded by rounds, with a pave piece that holds it to your ear. That is the only turq I like except for belt buckles. December has many birthstones for some reason, and until I found this pale blue smooth turq with no black or green in it, I did not want anything birthstone related! I wish I was born in April!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a pendant and earrings that I purchased in Arizona many years ago. I really don''t ever wear them anymore, though.

cmsturq.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Nice! I have a few pieces. I''ll have to take a pic and come back later.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to have a few nice pieces, but after they sat in my jewlery box for years on end without being worn, I finally sold them. I like it, but don''t really want to wear it anymore.

However, I always buy a pair of earrings when we go on a trip, and when in Punta Cana, I saw these and loved them. Very reminiscent of Turquoise. I wear them occasionally in the summer.

The stone is native to the island, it''s called Larimar.

Larimar 1.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
One more.

Larimar2.JPG

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Catmom: That set is gorgeous!! Usually I'm not fond of yellow, but that is such a lovely soft lemon sorbet....... I'd be willing to take them off your hands!
31.gif

Ellen: Your earrings are lovely, what a nice soft smooth blue!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 11:16:13 AM
Author: weegem

Thanks weegem, and yeah, I think that''s one of the reasons I was so drawn to them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely earrings, Ellen!
I am a huge fan of Persian turquoise--always looking at Estate dealers/websites for suitable pieces.

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh I do like those earrings Ellen - nice trip memento!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
verrrra pretty earrings ellen. what a beautiful color!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had a very good friend for the 25 years. We grew up together and have talked almost everyday. Her mother passed away when we were 14 and the family left me one of her turquoise rings. I''ve only worn it a few times, but, did on Saturday for the first time in years. When I get my camera/computer situation worked out I''ll post a pic.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2007 11:16:13 AM
Author: weegem

Catmom: That set is gorgeous!! Usually I''m not fond of yellow, but that is such a lovely soft lemon sorbet....... I''d be willing to take them off your hands!
31.gif

Thanks, Weegem! I think that yellow color was what drew me to them in the first place.

Ellen, I love your earrings! I love the color and the style. I''ve never heard of that stone before but it is gorgeous.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Catmom!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 10:50:20 AM
Author: Ellen

The stone is native to the island, it''s called Larimar.
Ellen I love your Larimar earrings! I love how certain stones can be healing and help with energy fields and I have a big bowl of quartz and other gemstones in my office and I swear it helps with the negative energy from some of my clients (I am a clinical psychologist). Anyhoo I sometimes wear a quartz bangle which I''m have been told is particularly good for cleansing energy but Larimar is supposedly the best for loving and nurturing and healing.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
kate, thank you!

Funny, I actually knew about my stones supposed powers, but left that part out. I think it''s also called the cool blue stone, or something like that.

How interesting about your bowl of quartz and gemstones! Being a CP, I''m sure you can use the help.
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Love those earrings Ellen!
36.gif
I got a chance to see some larimar pieces when we went to Puerta Plata a few years ago.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks hlmr! Pretty stuff isn''t it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results