shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have contact email at IDJ jewelers? I was emailing with Lisa a week ago about some lab diamond earring jackets ans she disappeared.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
I would like a new contact. I was quoted price and she was going to send photos of similar then disappeared.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
I finally received my jackets which are beautiful but do NOT fit.

IDJ made these based on my description (Lightbox 3.5 tcw) and 3 prong martini seeing based on many photos.

Now they want me to ship the jackets along with my earrings back to IDJ and pay $250 to reset them when my setting is new and I love it.

If they had just made them correctly in the first place or had me ship my earrings to them I wouldn’t have this unnecessary expense and change.

Suggestions?

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I finally received my jackets which are beautiful but do NOT fit.

IDJ made these based on my description (Lightbox 3.5 tcw) and 3 prong martini seeing based on many photos.

Now they want me to ship the jackets along with my earrings back to IDJ and pay $250 to reset them when my setting is new and I love it.

If they had just made them correctly in the first place or had me ship my earrings to them I wouldn’t have this unnecessary expense and change.

Suggestions?

I guess it depends on the specifics of the earrings they requested in the first place wether it’s on you or them that they don’t fit. Did they ask for exact dimensions and did you provide them correctly? Did they suggest sending in your earrings initially and you didn’t want to? Are these just their standard jackets that you ordered?

If they didn’t ask for anything and it’s a true custom project (not just their stock earring jackets that “usually fit” certain carat weights) than I would say that it should be on them to correct it without additional funds unless the correction is new settings for your earrings - then you would have to at least pay for the new settings.

If it wasn’t a custom project but just ordering a set of their stock jackets than I would say that’s kind of your problem that your existing earrings don’t work and you can either just return the jackets and look elsewhere or you can pay to have the diamonds reset into settings that will fit.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
I guess it depends on the specifics of the earrings they requested in the first place wether it’s on you or them that they don’t fit. Did they ask for exact dimensions and did you provide them correctly? Did they suggest sending in your earrings initially and you didn’t want to? Are these just their standard jackets that you ordered?

If they didn’t ask for anything and it’s a true custom project (not just their stock earring jackets that “usually fit” certain carat weights) than I would say that it should be on them to correct it without additional funds unless the correction is new settings for your earrings - then you would have to at least pay for the new settings.

If it wasn’t a custom project but just ordering a set of their stock jackets than I would say that’s kind of your problem that your existing earrings don’t work and you can either just return the jackets and look elsewhere or you can pay to have the diamonds reset into settings that will fit.

It was a custom order. I told them it was the Lightbox 1.75 each and the type of mounting and all they asked for was photos from all angles. No measurements.

I really like the martini mounting that I just had done and will continue to wear them without the jackets at times. I don’t want to have a different mounting done so that the jackets fit if that makes sense.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
In the case of this being a custom order and they failed to ensure they had appropriate measurements, I do feel this should be on them to fix without additional funds coming from you.

I too would not wish to re-do the lovely martini settings in order to make the jackets work, the jackets should fit the diamond studs as they are.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that a more satisfactory solution is offered.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m shocked a company would accept a custom order of something like this just with ctw and not measurements in mm of the stones. Seems so odd.

Yep... doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me! I feel like its on them for not having you send your earrings in (or at least getting
exact measurements).

Would like to see photos of how they dont fit though.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m shocked a company would accept a custom order of something like this just with ctw and not measurements in mm of the stones. Seems so odd.

Without seeing to the extent the jackets don’t fit the earring settings

Without knowing how different the custom jackets are compared to their standard sizes/construction ones (how custom is custom?) were cads involved?

Without the vendor knowing how much of an ‘exacting’ customer they have in wanting an exact custom match (no judging from me!) vs a typical customer who might not notice the nit picky details

I don’t think it’s unusual or rare. On PS? Yes i think it’s unusual method of operation - but still not unheard of on here either.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have the same sentiments.

With all my custom projects, each had CADs with measurements for me to approve prior to going into production.

DK :))

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
View attachment 949148 View attachment 949148
In the case of this being a custom order and they failed to ensure they had appropriate measurements, I do feel this should be on them to fix without additional funds coming from you.

I too would not wish to re-do the lovely martini settings in order to make the jackets work, the jackets should fit the diamond studs as they are.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that a more satisfactory solution is offered.

there has been a lot of back and forth and Lisa at IDJ has no resolution aside from what I posted and that is one expensive fix on my part between paying for insured shipping and $250 for a new setting I do not want.

Not impressed with their customer service. At all. Jackets are beautiful.

Not sure what to do.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock

With all my custom projects, each had CADs with measurements for me to approve prior to going into production.

IMG_8607.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8463.jpeg
    IMG_8463.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_8456.jpeg
    IMG_8456.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 74

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock

Same here. I have done many custom orders with local jeweler and always had CADs.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
View attachment 949148 View attachment 949148

there has been a lot of back and forth and Lisa at IDJ has no resolution aside from what I posted and that is one expensive fix on my part between paying for insured shipping and $250 for a new setting I do not want.

Not impressed with their customer service. At all. Jackets are beautiful.

Not sure what to do.

Are the jackets non-returnable?

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Those jackets were never going to work with Martini settings. And they don't look super custom. I would insist on a full return and just be done with it. Sorry you're going through this.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you send photos of your studs? Ditto @737liz . It is more than just not fitting...these do not look like they are designed for a
martini setting. Looks like they are designed for a flat bottom basket.

If you sent them pictures...I think this one is on them!

Have you sent the above pictures (showing how they dont fit) to them?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those jackets were never going to work with Martini settings. And they don't look super custom. I would insist on a full return and just be done with it. Sorry you're going through this.

Agree totally. This project was doomed from the start. Just return outright - you are well within reason to demand a full refund.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
Did you send photos of your studs? Ditto @737liz . It is more than just not fitting...these do not look like they are designed for a
martini setting. Looks like they are designed for a flat bottom basket.

If you sent them pictures...I think this one is on them!

Have you sent the above pictures (showing how they dont fit) to them?

I have sent them photos of my studs prior to them making the jackets and then showing how they don’t fit.

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
IMG_8649.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8648.png
    IMG_8648.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8647.png
    IMG_8647.png
    527.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8650.jpeg
    IMG_8650.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 37

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
Are the jackets non-returnable?

I have not asked to return. I am trying to get this resolved by having a custom pair of jackets made that fit my earrings.

I believe the price and quality and workmanship is good. Customer service is lacking.

Reactions: Kya

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock

Thank you. Any recs for an alternative source if they are unwilling to do a true custom piece?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The jackets and 3-prong Martini settings are not compatible for certain.

I cannot see how a pair of custom jackets could be made accurately based on photos alone without any measurements, as the depth and width of the earring settings can vary from one manufacturer to the next, and also variations between the stones themselves.

DK :confused:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
To me it doesn’t sound like they made custom jackets at all. I think maybe you thought you were asking for a custom job and they thought they were just choosing which “stock” or typical jackets they make would work for the style you were looking to emulate.

Just ask for a return.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
I would ask them to explain how a martini set earring is supposed to fit in the jackets they sent you?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you send them any photos of YOUR earrings?

kilowhiskey111

Rough_Rock
To me it doesn’t sound like they made custom jackets at all. I think maybe you thought you were asking for a custom job and they thought they were just choosing which “stock” or typical jackets they make would work for the style you were looking to emulate.

Just ask for a return.

IMG_8792.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results