shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have any insight into this antique rooster pin?

mlpimsler

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone-

I inherited this antique rooster pin. I took it to an appraiser who said that the diamond and sapphires are all natural, and most of the rubies are as well. The metal is sterling silver. Unfortunately, a past owner replaced the pin fastener on the back and there aren't any makers marks or other information anymore on the piece. He suggested that I crowd-source anyone's insight into this piece.

Thank you for your time and attention, and if you have any questions, please ask.

RoosterPinPhotos - 1.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 2.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 3.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 4.jpeg
RoosterPinPhotos - 5.jpeg

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone-

I inherited this antique rooster pin. I took it to an appraiser who said that the diamond and sapphires are all natural, and most of the rubies are as well. The metal is sterling silver. Unfortunately, a past owner replaced the pin fastener on the back and there aren't any makers marks or other information anymore on the piece. He suggested that I crowd-source anyone's insight into this piece.

Thank you for your time and attention, and if you have any questions, please ask.

RoosterPinPhotos - 1.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 2.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 3.jpeg

RoosterPinPhotos - 4.jpeg
RoosterPinPhotos - 5.jpeg

There’s an Instagram called Erica weiner and she’s can usually help figure out some age and info.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to learn as much about its history as possible, I would recommend sending it to someone like Jewelry Nerd on IG. She can test all the gems and research similar examples to give a better idea of when and where it was made.

I doubt you’re going to get much from crowd sourcing beyond “Yeah it looks antique, maybe whatever period or other.”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results