shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have any experience buying from "Gemselect"?

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I have been searching for a few particular pieces, and checking out some websites. I know there was a continuous list put up of websites that sell gemstones, and I think that was where this one came from, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular website? Pros? Cons? How close are their photos to the actual stones shipped?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Please do a search for them. Mixed reviews, and an expensive return, though the return policy is great. If you don''t mind the hassle of a return, or are ordering something relatively inexpensive, then I''d give them a shot.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a stone from them and I thought the photos were pretty accurate.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Just received a stone from them today. It was not at all as photographed or discussed in an e-mail. I am very disappointed.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/13/2010 1:57:01 PM
Author: smitcompton
Hi,

Just received a stone from them today. It was not at all as photographed or discussed in an e-mail. I am very disappointed.

Annette
Can you please elaborate? How bad was it?

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
what stone was it?
i''m eyeing something on their website... having second thoughts now!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

It was very bad. The photo was a pure orange clinohumite. I really wanted it in place of buying another spessertite(I have 3-none too orange) The stone is mostly brown with no orange, but some yellow. I emailed him about the color. He said he checked it in all lights and a small amount of brown turned up in either the florecent or incandescent, but it was a pure orange in daylight and one other kind of light. Its ugly, ugly ugly. I am sending it back. It didn''t cost much but of course with the mailing costs will cost me 25.00. But I don''t want it. I guess if they tell the truth no one will buy, and I''ve even kept stones
because I didn''t think it worth it to send it back.

I only give a vendor one chance. This color would have been just what I wanted.

Thanks,

Annette

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I bought a trillion shaped black tourmaline. It was exactly as described. I was very happy with it until I tried to get it set. I am still working on that. It was a good price and the picture was accurate.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2010 8:29:03 PM
Author: radiantquest
I bought a trillion shaped black tourmaline. It was exactly as described. I was very happy with it until I tried to get it set. I am still working on that. It was a good price and the picture was accurate.
Why aren''t you happy about setting it?

I bought my aqua cab there and I have yet to see it - but for this stone the color makes no difference to me (though I''m really curious what it will end up being ie how accurate) because I picked it for the shape and the idea I''m going for could go really grey to really teal, light or medium and it will work. I have no fears it will be too dark lol But... I will let you know a week from tomorrow!

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
i bought some items from them. the vendor pictures definitely look better - it''s the glamour shot version of the stone! but it''s close enough...
will take some photos this weekend and post it together with the vendor photos for comparison.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Does anyone have any experience buying from

Did you ever put up vendor vs IRL photos. I was eyeing an amethyst on their site but not sure how I feel after seeing reviews. It sure is an awesome price though.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Does anyone have any experience buying from

crossing that vendor off my list

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results