shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have an engagement "band" i.e. Marylin Monroe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
I''m just curious. I did find this ring on the web...if you didn''t want a traditional conventional engagment ring what are your other options?

I keep toying with the idea of a colored center stone (sapphire or pink spinel) or that marquis HALO solitaire. Any suggestions?

1093.jpg

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
There are tons of different options for the non-traditional e-ring. Check out the colored gem forum (if you haven''t already) to see several threads with sapphire, spinel, and other non-diamond e-rings.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some BAD & UGLY
9.gif

ThreeRings.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Northstar- Melania Knausse (Trump''s new bride) just got that ring as a band if I remember correctly!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I think Melania''s are asschers. That picture looked more like emerald cut to me. Either way I love the way it looks.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen a picture of Maylins ring before . It was baguettes going all the way around and it was her enagement ring and her wedding band. Does anyone have a photo of it?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
http://www.diamond-legend.info/people/monroe.html

This mentions it but I couldn''t find a photo.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As much as I can remember from an exibitio in London about two years ago...

It was sold by Christie's as part of an auction of Monroe's personal items in November 1999. The hammer price was pretty extraordinary (I remember about mid six figures) but has nothing to do with the carats. The ring is eternity with relatively short baguettes channel set vertically.

There's a "show me the ring" picture on the cover of 'Marilyn Monroe' by Barbara Leaming
34.gif

The very item is presented by a CNN report: HERE (see the "gallery").

I personally LOVE the idea of an engagement band. I almost went for the Marilyn Monroe all-emerald cuts, just like the one you shared with us. I ended up with a three-stone emerald cut, which I love.

The oh-so-lovely Audrey Hepburn also wore bands. (I think she wore two.)

VERY pretty!

Cynthia

Rough_Rock
I also thought about having just a band. I decided to get an e-ring but with this style of band. HOWEVER, I suggested to my BF to propose with a 2 or 3mm white gold band so that I could wear my wedding ring and the plain band together when I was unable to wear the e-ring.

The best of both worlds ;-)

C.

072392.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results