shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a three stone emerald cut diamond ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emgirl

Rough_Rock
I looked at gemappraisers.com. There are charts for grading fancy cut diamonds. A lot of pricescopers also said that your eye is the best judge for emerald cuts, and I totally agree. I saw several stones with better numbers according to the charts that just didnt impress me as much as the one I have. I saw deeper stones that I liked, too. I would stay away from really really large tables. They looked pretty glassy.

emgirl

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Widget. I''m really happy with the way it came out.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2006 10:27:39 AM
Author: Allisonfaye
I love that ring, Dani. I have never considered an emerald cut before but my old boss, who I like to refer to as Satan, had one. It was to die for. I don''t know how many carats it was but it was big. I am guessing three carats. I would give my eye teeth to know how much it cost. She was the type of person who had to ask an employee to show her how to attach a document to an email because she wouldn''t bother to learn how to use technology so I know she just went to some high end jeweler and bought it.

I think I am going to run over to NM to look at that ring again and snap some pics. I would normally never consider buying from them for something like this but I figured after buying the ruby ring and the bracelet, I have some leverage with them on my trade and I do think they give me a little bit better price.
BTY, the husband still doesn''t know about the bracelet. I have been waiting for the right time to bring it up. He has been in a bad mood lately. Luckily, they don''t come along very often. Wait until he hears my latest scheme. But I figure this will be the only way I can upgrade my e-ring and take advantage of a couple of things that are on my side at NM. I told the lady there my plan and she seemed to think it was reasonable. She is checking into the specs on the stone. I found out it was a Kwiat, which I may have already mentioned. I asked it was GIA certed and she was going to check so I called Kwiat and they said 90% of their stones are. I want to also see how the I color compares to my G that I have now and if I can do an I or not.

So who is the expert on specs on an E cut diamond that I should run the numbers by when I get them?
Thanks, Allison. I really love my ring too. I just think it is simply elegant.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Dani,
That''s a great ring! I had forgotten about the pave basket! Wow. Did you decide what you are going to do about a wedding band? It doesn''t look like one would fit flush, I believe you mentioned a while ago that you were concerned about that. I could totally envision a band made to match, with a big notch for the head, maybe eternity style with pave to mirror the head? OR an eternity band of real thin emerald cuts (or would they have to use baguettes? Facets has one). Or, a plain band would also look lovely.
Gail

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gail-

Thanks, I really do love my ring! I have not decided what I am going to do about the w-band 100% yet, and since Brian and I have not made any plans yet for the wedding, I have plenty of time. I am going to talk to my jeweler, maybe he can make me a notched w-band to go with it. But then the problem is I cant wear the w-band alone, ya know? I did find (dare I say- at Tiffany's-lol) a really pretty bead set pave band that looks like it matches the pave in my ring...and it does look really nice with my e-ring, although it wont sit flush. But it looks so good, I am not sure it would really even bother me. I definitely dont want to change my setting at all...and I want to be able to wear my w-band without my e-ring sometimes....

On another note, how are you doing? I hope all is well with you. Guess what, I just weighed myself today and I am so depressed- I gained 10 lbs this winter! Ugh! I really need to start working my butt off (literally) at the gym to get my weight back down....ok, we will definitely talk soon...

-Danielle

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Hey Danielle,
I am going to start a thread in Hangout for us! I wish we had PM.
That bead set band from Tiffany sounds awesome by the way! I love that place. I KNOW it is overpriced, but I do have to say that I cherish the few silver pieces I have from there like no other silver jewelry that I have. Probably because I bought each on a trip or as a memento of something special. Something about the little blue box...
Gail

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results