shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone have a dog who's had BOAS surgery?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you and your baby @Lorelei and sending more healing dust and good wishes and lots of ((((hugs)))).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy, still waiting and I'll update as soon as there's any news.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just reading this Lorelei - sending loads of good wishes to you and your pup! I know this must be so stressful for you but hoping that all turns out well!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just reading this Lorelei - sending loads of good wishes to you and your pup! I know this must be so stressful for you but hoping that all turns out well!

Thank you dear MGR, I appreciate it and yes, it's horrible sitting here waiting. I should hear before too much longer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's done and thankfully things went well. His soft palate was trimmed back, apparently it was 4 times the length it should be and too thick and his nostrils were enlarged. All looks good in the tracheal region which is a relief. Apparently he was a bit ' panty' during the anaesthetic and during recovery but he's doing well. Now's the crucial part with the recovery, every hour that passes without complications is a huge bonus.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relieved the surgery is over!!! :appl:
Praying for his full recovery!
Sending him loads more healing dust and hugs to you sweet Lorelei.

fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif
fairy%20dust.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Auntie Missy!!!!

I'm trying to eat some toast now to get rid of this nausea, fingers crossed I hear nothing further from them today as no news is good news.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad the surgery is over, Lorelei! I am sure your baby will be OK now that he has gotten this far!

Hugs,
(((Lorelei)))
Deb

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad the surgery is over, Lorelei! I am sure your baby will be OK now that he has gotten this far!

Hugs,
(((Lorelei)))
Deb

Thanks Deb! We're about 4 hours into recovery now and with each hour that passes, he moves towards safety, this is the risky period but so far so good.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending dust for a speedy recovery for your baby Lorelei. Hopefully they will let you take him home soon and you can spoil him rotten.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear surgery went well. Sending loads of dust for your furbaby's quick and complete recovery.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Lorelei I'm so relieved and happy to hear that the surgery went well! Sending tons more dust your way for a speedy recovery!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much! We should be about 6 hours post anaesthesia now, so we're clocking up hours with no complications so far which is great! Every hour counts at this stage.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! What great news!! Heal fast little squish :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy to hear the result was so good! Much dust for healing and recovery!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning update, great news!

He had a comfortable night, all's looking good and he can come home today!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!! Pamper him lots when he gets home!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!! Pamper him lots when he gets home!

You betcha! I'm going to have the boneless chicken breasts a poachin' all ready!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! Glad your furbaby is on the mend!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! I am so pleased!

Deb :wavey:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's doing well, he's eaten for me which is great as he wouldn't eat there. He's been hand fed some poached chicken, been spoon fed some Cesar dog food, had his medicines and now he's asleep. He's also done several wees so that's working.:wink2:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hooray!!!!!! :appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So glad your furry baby is on the mend! Hope the weekend continues to show improvement.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Gabby and Ec! I'm just so relieved and C, looks like it was a great thing we did for him and his breathing is so much easier already. His ' new nose' looks very good and they were so pleased with his recovery, hardly any blood during and after the procedure, no retching or vomiting so it all went far better than expected.

It was still terrifying though.:(2

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is great news! I know you are happy to have him back home and know he is happier still to be there. We love our babies so much and I know you were sweating bullets over this procedure. So happy for all of you!!! Happy weekend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MGR, I was sweating bullets for sure!;(

He had a good night, so quiet now instead of the noisy snoring! But he had some more chicken and was spoon fed a little Cesar and went to sleep.

This morning he had his morning meds in some cheese ( anti sickness and antacids), had his pain syrup and now he's toddling around the house having a good sniff with his new nose!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MGR, I was sweating bullets for sure!;(

He had a good night, so quiet now instead of the noisy snoring! But he had some more chicken and was spoon fed a little Cesar and went to sleep.

This morning he had his morning meds in some cheese ( anti sickness and antacids), had his pain syrup and now he's toddling around the house having a good sniff with his new nose!

Yay!!! He's home and doing well and sleeping well.
yayy.gif

Please give him a gentle (((hug))) from his Auntie Missy and all the other PSers who have fallen in love with him already. What a sweet dear and he's lucky to have his devoted momma taking such excellent care of him.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! He's home and doing well and sleeping well.
yayy.gif

Please give him a gentle (((hug))) from his Auntie Missy and all the other PSers who have fallen in love with him already. What a sweet dear and he's lucky to have his devoted momma taking such excellent care of him.
1237400wqzwintuen.gif

Thank you Auntie Missy, will do!

He's done a little poop too, so everything is working!!! We're now 48 hours post anaesthesia which is great, I can let a little bit of my held breath out now.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh . . . . what a relief . . . glad all went well with your doggie's surgery.
So nice to read good news!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results