shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone else here rarely wear nail polish?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go through phases of keeping my fingernails polished and then totally bare/natural for months at a time. I have never liked long nails--I grew up playing piano (I know @KristyDarling feels me on this) and believe me, you do NOT want to get a nail caught between the keys, ouch! The look just doesn't appeal to me, either. In fact, and this is just me being persnickety and probably too particular and weird: super long nails make me queasy. I don't know why that is, it's just a thing I've always had. I like shorter, polished nails and medium-length nails don't bother me...but when the white part is longer than the skin-colored part? It squicks me out. If I do polish my nails it's usually some pale shade of pink, although verrrrry infrequently I'll feel bold and paint them an inky blue or a shade of dark cabernet and do toes to match. No nail salons for me...I'm not opposed, but right now in my life I don't have time. Another reason I don't keep my keratin klassed-up is because I hate to "baby" my hands! I don't want to spend $$ every couple weeks just to ding or chip my manicure. I garden a lot, type on a keypad all day, and am generally a bit clumsy. Just doesn't make sense for me to walk around with these very well-kept nails, same with false eyelashes HOW DO WOMEN LIVE LIKE THAT DAY IN AND DAY OUT?

I do keep my tootsies painted year 'round. I never know when I'll be wearing flip flops--Indiana weather is unpredictable and sometimes I end up someplace warm in the middle of winter. Ok, the real reason is that I've kept them painted for so many years they're stained and no one wants to see THAT.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I never wear nail polish.

My nails are as strong as wet paper! They get to 4mm long and then one breaks so the other 9 have to go, and then it starts over again. Argh! I also had an injury to my right hand ‘driving finger’ so there’s little point in manicures, but to be honest I find the whole experience uncomfortable anyway. The other girls in my family all do monthly salon sessions though.

Here’s a video that makes me laugh!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never have worn nail polish except for big ocassions. It's too much work or money.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
image.jpeg I don't think I have ever worn nail polish on my fingernails, I only do toes . I like my natural nails and they compliment simple 'ol me, and my simple classic wedding set

Ditto!

I used to wear fingernail polish - years ago - but not any more. At age 60+, I think most any color just makes my hands look older. I do sometimes a clear finish on my fingers for “dress up” occasions, though.

I do my toes regularly in the warmer months! They’re sporting an old Revlon color - vixen - right now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results