shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone else here rarely wear nail polish?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I either wear gel polish or extensions. I can’t go without because I have these ugly white patches on my nails. They don’t grow off. I’ve had them for years. My daughter is a nail tech and taught me how to do my own gels. I don’t do extensions yet.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to bite my nails until i couldn’t use my fingers for normal tasks. I broke the habit about a decade ago but when things get stressful, I revert back to it. For that reason, I keep fake nails on. Because I love em, I usually keep long coffin shaped French manicured nails. :mrgreen2:
D3CBC9C6-C412-4353-9A5A-2C690E017BBA.jpeg

Love your nails and tattoos!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have polished nails, often.
For a while, I tried to keep up with constantly keeping them polished (even if it was just a clear coat). It just seemed so much more “feminine”, and drew attention to my rings (so I THOUGHT).
I lost interest in the maintenance, and I learned that people didn’t notice my bling any more with nail polish than without. Totally psyched myself into that one!
I rarely go to a spa or a salon to have my nails done; I take care of them, myself. I have a nail kit that I use, and maintain them in between “treatments” with my kit.
My nails are CRAZY strong, and grow like weeds!! The same goes for my hair. I don’t do anything deliberate, or special. However, I do drink ICE sparkling water, all the time. It contains nothing but vitamins & Biotin, which is in products known to help improve hair, nails & skin. I can imagine that helps my already strong nails become stronger.
I use skin products made from Dead Sea Salt Water. All of it is water-based, not oil-based. There’s no residue, or greasy feeling, after using them. My skin is softer, and more hydrated than I’ve ever seen. This also benefits my nails & cuticles.
In most cases, I take better care of my nails than any spa or salon. ;)2
When I DO polish my nails, it’s for fun, or on a whim. My daughter, who is 8 & I have “spa days”, sometimes. I’ll do her nails & mine. She has become more interested in doing her own nails, as she grows older. Just last week, she polished her nails, and she did a really great job! It was a great moment for her, but it bummed me out because those days of “Mama!! Paint my nails, too??” are coming to an end. :cry2:
I’m hoping this new way of polishing nails will turn into her polishing my nails, and my polishing hers. :mrgreen2:
She loves going through all of the colors of polish that I have. We will even stop & buy new colors, if we see something that really catches the eye.
You’ll notice, if you follow my threads, the majority of the photos that show my bling & my nails, show my nails in their “birthday suits”. :lol-2: My nails love to be free & breathe!

Taken last weekend (Naked):
8ADA1A0A-9DEB-4373-AA23-1EBAFF8C6405.jpeg

Taken late summer/early fall, 2017:
(My ring fingers are always a different color.)
C8A41C99-547C-46DE-B923-749DD9E9FC84.jpeg

July, 2017, where DH proposed:
E3A39F87-0DE9-4B74-A483-EC935F3F6A7E.jpeg

Christmas time, 2017 (terrible chipping!):
03032A4F-87F7-4631-AE7C-D0D4D36BB4C7.jpeg

Feb., 2018-Spa Treat!
4757E386-1AC0-42BB-98E9-4BF21DC4F1E4.jpeg

This is the last time color polish has touched my nails. Every other photo in my camera roll is either “nude” or clear coat.

Everyone’s photos are beautiful. Sometimes, less is more. :kiss2:

Attachments

• F8F0598D-69A2-4A7F-A562-F822D83F6180.jpeg
    F8F0598D-69A2-4A7F-A562-F822D83F6180.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 18

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t have polished nails, often.
For a while, I tried to keep up with constantly keeping them polished (even if it was just a clear coat). It just seemed so much more “feminine”, and drew attention to my rings (so I THOUGHT).
I lost interest in the maintenance, and I learned that people didn’t notice my bling any more with nail polish than without. Totally psyched myself into that one!
I rarely go to a spa or a salon to have my nails done; I take care of them, myself. I have a nail kit that I use, and maintain them in between “treatments” with my kit.
My nails are CRAZY strong, and grow like weeds!! The same goes for my hair. I don’t do anything deliberate, or special. However, I do drink ICE sparkling water, all the time. It contains nothing but vitamins & Biotin, which is in products known to help improve hair, nails & skin. I can imagine that helps my already strong nails become stronger.
I use skin products made from Dead Sea Salt Water. All of it is water-based, not oil-based. There’s no residue, or greasy feeling, after using them. My skin is softer, and more hydrated than I’ve ever seen. This also benefits my nails & cuticles.
In most cases, I take better care of my nails than any spa or salon. ;)2
When I DO polish my nails, it’s for fun, or on a whim. My daughter, who is 8 & I have “spa days”, sometimes. I’ll do her nails & mine. She has become more interested in doing her own nails, as she grows older. Just last week, she polished her nails, and she did a really great job! It was a great moment for her, but it bummed me out because those days of “Mama!! Paint my nails, too??” are coming to an end. :cry2:
I’m hoping this new way of polishing nails will turn into her polishing my nails, and my polishing hers. :mrgreen2:
She loves going through all of the colors of polish that I have. We will even stop & buy new colors, if we see something that really catches the eye.
You’ll notice, if you follow my threads, the majority of the photos that show my bling & my nails, show my nails in their “birthday suits”. :lol-2: My nails love to be free & breathe!

Taken last weekend (Naked):
8ADA1A0A-9DEB-4373-AA23-1EBAFF8C6405.jpeg

Taken late summer/early fall, 2017:
(My ring fingers are always a different color.)
C8A41C99-547C-46DE-B923-749DD9E9FC84.jpeg

July, 2017, where DH proposed:
E3A39F87-0DE9-4B74-A483-EC935F3F6A7E.jpeg

Christmas time, 2017 (terrible chipping!):
03032A4F-87F7-4631-AE7C-D0D4D36BB4C7.jpeg

Feb., 2018-Spa Treat!
4757E386-1AC0-42BB-98E9-4BF21DC4F1E4.jpeg

This is the last time color polish has touched my nails. Every other photo in my camera roll is either “nude” or clear coat.

Everyone’s photos are beautiful. Sometimes, less is more. :kiss2:
Pretty nails! It would have been fun to have a daughter to paint nails with! I have all boys!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty nails! It would have been fun to have a daughter to paint nails with! I have all boys!

My step-daughter joined us a few times, too!! It was fun to have an all girls day & do hair, nails & make up, together!!
My favorite look is the French Manicure. I did that for my wedding...myself. ;)2

Perhaps, getting together with some girlfriends would still be fun, since you have all boys!! :mrgreen2:
Mimosas & Manis!!! :dance:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My step-daughter joined us a few times, too!! It was fun to have an all girls day & do hair, nails & make up, together!!
My favorite look is the French Manicure. I did that for my wedding...myself. ;)2

Perhaps, getting together with some girlfriends would still be fun, since you have all boys!! :mrgreen2:
Mimosas & Manis!!! :dance:
My daughter in law and I are close but she lives two hours away. She’s mentioned many times she wanted us to do mani pedis.. My feet aren’t that pretty either! :eek2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can totally relate to those that used to bite their nails. Except my habit was much worse, not only did I bite my nails but I would obsessively pick the skin on my fingers. My fingers were raw most of the time and I used to type! Yeah no bueno. So it started with picking all of my fingers (as in peeling from under the nail down towards my hand) and then as the years went on I would pick fewer and fewer until I was down to just the thumbs.

Stopped biting my nails last year, still picked but I started polishing and because they looked so pretty I was able to stop picking all together. Now they are completely healed and look normal! Except I have inadvertently altered my fingerprints on both my thumbs :confused2:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
2ABFCA77-E271-4601-9925-6B64D9420595.jpeg
I can totally relate to those that used to bite their nails. Except my habit was much worse, not only did I bite my nails but I would obsessively pick the skin on my fingers. My fingers were raw most of the time and I used to type! Yeah no bueno. So it started with picking all of my fingers (as in peeling from under the nail down towards my hand) and then as the years went on I would pick fewer and fewer until I was down to just the thumbs.

Stopped biting my nails last year, still picked but I started polishing and because they looked so pretty I was able to stop picking all together. Now they are completely healed and look normal! Except I have inadvertently altered my fingerprints on both my thumbs :confused2:

When I am feeling anxious I scrape the skin from the side of one of my thumb nails. I try not to but sometimes I find myself doing it anyway. I have one of those rings that you fiddle with. I’m hoping it will help me stop doing the scraping thing!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Maisie, what an adorable ring! I haven't seen one like that, I had a spinner ring from a Fall fair but DH left the car unlocked and someone stole it. That was the only thing they took, thankfully it wasn't expensive:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A8701A1B-82FF-4629-B40B-E4E88E522498.jpeg I only wear clear polish. Someone on PS told me about nailtiques 2 and it really helped my nails. I still have old lady hands just with really long nails. I should file or cut them because it’s getting hard to do stuff. Please excuse the burns-I have been cooking up a storm the last week and have burns all over my hands/wrists/arm from sticking my hands in the oven that is a little too high for me.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Maisie, what an adorable ring! I haven't seen one like that, I had a spinner ring from a Fall fair but DH left the car unlocked and someone stole it. That was the only thing they took, thankfully it wasn't expensive:

That’s awful! Mine wasn’t expensive either. I think I paid £12.50.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A8701A1B-82FF-4629-B40B-E4E88E522498.jpeg I only wear clear polish. Someone on PS told me about nailtiques 2 and it really helped my nails. I still have old lady hands just with really long nails. I should file or cut them because it’s getting hard to do stuff. Please excuse the burns-I have been cooking up a storm the last week and have burns all over my hands/wrists/arm from sticking my hands in the oven that is a little too high for me.

I wish my nails would grow that long! They are amazing!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish my nails would grow that long! They are amazing!

Having long nails isn’t always fun. They curl & get painful, after a while. Mine are very strong to the point that cutting them hurts. I cut them down to relieve the soreness I get, after a certain length. I’m not sure if the pain & soreness is caused from clenching my hands in my sleep (unconsciously), or if it’s just that the nails are curved in a way that creates pressure, but they HURT! Once they’re trimmed down, they feel better.
When I was pregnant, my nails were so hard, I could swipe them across concrete without a chip or a split. I had to have someone else cut my nails because I couldn’t do it with one hand; didn’t want to scratch the baby.
Not a problem most would complain about, but it’s been my “issue” since 6th grade. Before then, I bit my nails until they bled.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having long nails isn’t always fun. They curl & get painful, after a while. Mine are very strong to the point that cutting them hurts. I cut them down to relieve the soreness I get, after a certain length. I’m not sure if the pain & soreness is caused from clenching my hands in my sleep (unconsciously), or if it’s just that the nails are curved in a way that creates pressure, but they HURT! Once they’re trimmed down, they feel better.
When I was pregnant, my nails were so hard, I could swipe them across concrete without a chip or a split. I had to have someone else cut my nails because I couldn’t do it with one hand; didn’t want to scratch the baby.
Not a problem most would complain about, but it’s been my “issue” since 6th grade. Before then, I bit my nails until they bled.

Actually didn’t want to hit like because your nails were painful.. Wish there were other options instead of like..

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually didn’t want to hit like because your nails were painful.. Wish there were other options instead of like..

:lol-2: No problem!! I’ll take it as a “nod”...or, “Ok...sry to hear that.” ;)2

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

When I was younger I had very strong nails. Now I’m older and in perimenopause it seems like they have just given up. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate too. I could never have nails as long as Luv2Sparkle but a bit more length would be appreciated!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger I had very strong nails. Now I’m older and in perimenopause it seems like they have just given up. My hair is falling out at an alarming rate too. I could never have nails as long as Luv2Sparkle but a bit more length would be appreciated!

Oh, the joys of “the change of life”!! I’m starting to wonder if I’m perimenopausal, myself. Just little things, here & there, make me wonder. Tough to tell, though. My emotions are on “psycho mode” dealing with a college bound son. Move-in day is this Fri! :cry2: I just feel like I cry at the drop of a hat, and when things upset me, my reaction is more escalated than normal. My hair, skin & nails are fine. My hair just has a lot more grey in it...lol!
I have the Mirena, which is supposed to curb the usual menopausal symptoms, so I’m hoping I’m perimenopausal & don’t know it... :lol-2:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, the joys of “the change of life”!! I’m starting to wonder if I’m perimenopausal, myself. Just little things, here & there, make me wonder. Tough to tell, though. My emotions are on “psycho mode” dealing with a college bound son. Move-in day is this Fri! :cry2: I just feel like I cry at the drop of a hat, and when things upset me, my reaction is more escalated than normal. My hair, skin & nails are fine. My hair just has a lot more grey in it...lol!
I have the Mirena, which is supposed to curb the usual menopausal symptoms, so I’m hoping I’m perimenopausal & don’t know it... :lol-2:

Lol!

I felt like my hormones were a bit out of whack so I had a blood test. I’ve was put on HRT about 2 years ago and my inner monster seemed to subside. I recently had a blood clot scare so I’m going to have to rethink the HRT. My poor husband :mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol!

I felt like my hormones were a bit out of whack so I had a blood test. I’ve was put on HRT about 2 years ago and my inner monster seemed to subside. I recently had a blood clot scare so I’m going to have to rethink the HRT. My poor husband :mrgreen2:

:lol-2:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1F065907-86BE-4CA3-809A-CF996ED49C0B.jpeg

I have been using Naitiques religiously since May! They are growing faster and stronger than ever. I file them down every week, but my nails are doing aweome with it. I usually use a quick coat of a sheer nude first, but I also use it plain.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Short nails and no polish here. When my nails start to get long, I have a hard time typing so I clip them when they get to that point. My nails grow quickly so that’s often! And I’ve never been a nail polish fan at all. Don’t know why, really, but not my thing. 45 and never had a manicure!

But for those who do keep their nails manicured, I’m impressed! I’m too lazy. ;)2

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
=)2Short nails and never polish. But I do like to buff them with an at-home kit. I like to think it makes the rings center stage instead of the nails.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t wear nail polish for a few reasons. I have ugly hands. They are like the hands of a hundred year old woman. My mom has the same ones so it’s heritary. They’re very veiny and my skin is thin over them so not pretty. I also inherited my father’s big thumbs so not a good combo to have! :lol: I don’t like to draw attention to them EXCEPT for rings! I figure people would look at my rings..and draw away attention from my hands. Also the chemicals are absorbed through the nails and I don’t think it’s healthy. I will wear a very barely there beige with a pink undertone polish if I go to a wedding, etc.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had asked for rounded gel nails this last time. Not at all what I got. The salon was closing and so I just went with it. Not sure what they used.

7906EA07-E6AB-4455-B116-9A249B66025B.jpeg
But when I went back two weeks later, she used the dremel to attempt to sand it off. Unfortunately, it still left a layer on my nails. And that layer has a slightly yellowish hue now. It’s so annoying!

Squovals

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guy puts a very very thin layer of acrylic over my nail and then puts no chip on top. I get a good three to four weeks wear. We take them off every 6 months and check the nail. They look great underneath. No soaking, he uses a light Dremel to get the polish off and then fills in the acrylic.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t wear nail polish for a few reasons. I have ugly hands. They are like the hands of a hundred year old woman. My mom has the same ones so it’s heritary. They’re very veiny and my skin is thin over them so not pretty. I also inherited my father’s big thumbs so not a good combo to have! :lol: I don’t like to draw attention to them EXCEPT for rings! I figure people would look at my rings..and draw away attention from my hands. Also the chemicals are absorbed through the nails and I don’t think it’s healthy. I will wear a very barely there beige with a pink undertone polish if I go to a wedding, etc.
I hear ya. My face is rarely totally clear. If I have a rather noticeable blemish, as opposed to a constant tiny one, I will wear my diamond studs. I figure that gets the attention off everything else. :wink2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Count me too.

I must have painted them less than a dozen times all in all - in gold or kingfisher blue :whistle:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Count me too.

I must have painted them less than a dozen times all in all - in gold or kingfisher blue :whistle:
Yes but when you do it you go all out!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Yes but when you do it you go all out!

You should have seen the stares! :twisted2:o_O

Nobody had seen me with noticeable makeup until the Startling Nail Period either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results