shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone else do this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Excercise and eat carefully on the weekdays (try not to go ver 2000 calories, and have lots of fruits, grains, and veggies), and then basically do what you want on the weekends?

I know I''d be able to keep a few more pounds off if I kept up the diet over the weekend, but I just can''t. Period. It seems like eating well for five days and splurging for two really does help me stay on track, and when I stick to the plan I slowly but surely lose a few pounds and feel better about myself. I''m wondering if this works for others as well?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I used to do this, but I feel too guilty if I eat poorly two days in a row. Not only that, I''ll physically feel poorly. For example, my family ate at the Olive Garden this weekend. I had a salad and whole wheat pasta with shrimp and veggies in a red sauce, ate almost half, and felt sick afterwards. I have to be really careful when eating rich cakes/pies too. Very small bite means very small bite!

If it''s nice outside, I''ll almost always go running on the weekends too. Running is habit forming
2.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
I do this too Kelli, it works for me. And I find as time goes on I am less likely to go completely overboard on the weekend, at the start I used to almost binge, but now I just usually stick to my weekday breakfast and lunch, but don''t feel guilty about a less healthy dinner, eating out, dessert, pre-dinner snacks and a couple of alcoholic drinks.

I do moderately exercise during the week - getting off the train one stop earlier on the way to and from work and walking the rest of the way, but I tend to do more intense exercise on the weekends.

2000 calories a day sounds a bit much for me, if you are going over this on the weekends, maybe cut down a little more during the week, or add in a little more activity on the weekend. Just a thought.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My typical diet is 1500-1700 a day, and one or two meals out a week where I eat what I feel like. Overall, I''ve managed to maintain quite well using this plan.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Glad to know this works for some other people too. I''ve had success with it in the past, and I''ve been doing it this time for about a month now. I''ve lost a few pounds, but for some reason I always have these doubts like i''m doing it for nothing. I have to keep reminding myself that when I''m NOT on this plan, I eat every day with reckless abandon, so it''s gotta be helping at least a little.

I''ve always had a huge appetite though. If I eat less than 2000 calories, I won''t make it through the day! I always hear how people eat like 1500, and I''ve tried it. I seriously just can''t function, I get light-headed and have to sit down a lot. Not to mention I get incredibly irritable and angry from the hunger pains. 2000 is actually a challenge in itself, but I do tend to over-estimate when I''m not exactly sure on the calories of something, so maybe that helps a little.

I teach dance, so I''m on my feet and moving a lot, especially during the major choreography seasons, and I have one preschool class during the day that I ride my bike to and from three days out of the week. It takes me a half hour there and another half hour back home, so it''s about three hours a week. And sometimes I''ll do the intense ab workouts with the kids. I''ll usually go out walking for a while on the weekends too. (I LOATHE running, and it always makes my knees hurt.)

I''m just getting to the point now that I can actually see and feel a difference, but every day when I go to bed I''m wishing for another snack. And then I have this battle in my head about whether or not this is even worth doing since I blow it every weekend anyway. I honestly know that I''m doing myself good by counting my calories five days a week, but it can be so easy to just say "forget it, it can''t be doing much anyway" and eat whatever I want. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that in a few days I can relax a little and just enjoy myself!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been doing this by accident. I started on WW, and during the week, I do great. I wake up in the morning and go to the gym, I take my lunch to work, DH and I make dinner or if we go out, I''m aware of what I''m eating.

But on weekends, my schedule gets really out of whack. Two weekends I was out of town for a wedding so I had reception food and restaurants, last weekend I was at a conference that was catered all weekend - ugh!

My hardest thing is that I''ll "splurge" not realizing how big that splurge really is, and then when Monday comes, I have the worst time getting back to normal. I''m hungry as all heck and craving junk.

But, does it work? I gained 3 pounds last week and lost 5 this week...so for me, the jury''s out.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually eat less at the weekends than I do during the week. I find that during the week when I''m in college or studying, I''m constantly thinking about food and what I''m going to have for my next meal but at the weekend I''m busy doing things so I find that I just have my normal food or less. D and I don''t go out for dinner too often and I''m not a big drinker so my calorie intake tends to be the same.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I eat more on my weekends too. During the week I''m way too busy to eat, so when I do have some free time it seems like the hunger gets the best of me. I counterbalance it by working out harder on the weekend.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yeah to some degree. In that I may have a couple margaritas or a few beers on the weekends... which = more calories.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
DF and I LOOOOOOVE to go out to eat. We always have, and it''s definitely one of our favorite things to do together. And I do have to admit that I love having beers with friends on the weekends.
9.gif
Not every weekend, but any time I get the chance.
11.gif
I''m not over-weight at all (5''9" and somewhere in the realm of 140) but I can be my own worst critic and I strongly dislike the cellulite on my lower half.
20.gif
I''m always torn between wanting to improve my body and wanting to enjoy the heck out of my food! Friday nights that I have plans are the worst, because I''m already pushing it with two cheat days in a row. But tomorrow night I have a fiesta-style party to go to and I''ll want to enjoy some nachos and coronas. Then I have plans on Saturday and Sunday too which involve eating. It''s too hard!
32.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 11:41:45 PM
Author: Kelli
DF and I LOOOOOOVE to go out to eat. We always have, and it''s definitely one of our favorite things to do together. And I do have to admit that I love having beers with friends on the weekends.
9.gif
Not every weekend, but any time I get the chance.
11.gif
I''m not over-weight at all (5''9'' and somewhere in the realm of 140) but I can be my own worst critic and I strongly dislike the cellulite on my lower half.
20.gif
I''m always torn between wanting to improve my body and wanting to enjoy the heck out of my food! Friday nights that I have plans are the worst, because I''m already pushing it with two cheat days in a row. But tomorrow night I have a fiesta-style party to go to and I''ll want to enjoy some nachos and coronas. Then I have plans on Saturday and Sunday too which involve eating. It''s too hard!
32.gif
OMG, tell me about it. My BFF is going to propose to his GF in vegas, and of course we''re going to spend all day by the pool. She is a rockin'' hard body 20-something... *sigh* to be 22-23 again... I may have to bust out my coverup... I''m starting to get some dimple action in the lower quadrant. SO UNFAIR!!! So basically, by comparision, I now have to actually DIET, or at least be restrictive, on the WEEKENDS TOO!

I didn''t sign up for this getting old business. I might as well put on a red hat, and have kiddos sit on my lap. I''m turning from happy to JOLLY.
32.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i do too! more so, i don''t always eat worse, but i just do not track what i eat. I find that when i pig out on frozen yogurt for breakfast, I''ll actually want to work out afterwards, which is normally not the case on the weekends. and as of now, i do not drink wine anymore, and only light beer, and one specific brand. And since i am usually the DD, i save there as well.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOL tlh I''m sure it''s not that bad!

So I really blew it this weekend.
11.gif
It was especially bad! I had a bridal shower with tons of REDICULOUSLY good food and cake, which I enjoyed with a chocolate martini of course. Then we ended up going to this awesome beer place later where I totally pigged out on snack food and really good beers. And I pigged out ALL DAY on mother''s day. Shame Shame!!
38.gif
Needless to say I didn''t start my week under 140, which has been my goal for a while. I always start the week around 141 or 2, then get down to 138 ish on Fridays. I want to get the last few pounds off and keep it around 136, which usually where I feel GREAT, but no can do. There is too much to enjoy every weekend and I fail every time. At least I rode my bike more last week.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 1:23:53 AM

11.gif
It was especially bad! I had a bridal shower with tons of REDICULOUSLY good food and cake, which I enjoyed with a chocolate martini of course. Then we ended up going to this awesome beer place later where I totally pigged out on snack food and really good beers. And I pigged out ALL DAY on mother''s day. Shame Shame!!
38.gif
Needless to say I didn''t start my week under 140, which has been my goal for a while. I always start the week around 141 or 2, then get down to 138 ish on Fridays. I want to get the last few pounds off and keep it around 136, which usually where I feel GREAT, but no can do. There is too much to enjoy every weekend and I fail every time. At least I rode my bike more last week.
at least you''ve found a positive with your bike riding! and your weekend sounded YUMMERS.
18.gif
I had a salad w/ no frills chicken. But basically I have to entertain (guests coming into town = a lot of eating out) for the next three weeks... better find my stretchy pants... and the skirt that goes w/ my swimsuit!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t feel bad, it''s built into this sort of plan, just make sure you get back to the healthy eating part as soon as you can.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
One day a week, usually Sunday, I eat whatever I want. That typically consists of: Eggs, toast, shared pancakes, and coffee for breakfast; nothing for llunch except maybe snacks; and then whatever I want for dinner.

The rest of the week, I try to be good.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2009 4:57:43 PM
Author: tlh

11.gif
38.gif
at least you''ve found a positive with your bike riding! and your weekend sounded YUMMERS.
18.gif
I had a salad w/ no frills chicken. But basically I have to entertain (guests coming into town = a lot of eating out) for the next three weeks... better find my stretchy pants... and the skirt that goes w/ my swimsuit!
LOL I am SOOO glad for shorts and skirts that look cute with swimsuits!!

It really does help me to find a postitive. The whole reason I started this thread is that I''ve ALWAYS had issues with eating too much, and I need to keep myself on this plan because the only alternative (for me and my absolute love for food) is eating however I want every day. I always ate whatever I wanted--- which was a LOT, but never had a problem because I was extremely active. Now that I have a still active, but more normal life, I really can''t do it without putting on weight. I don''t have a perfect body, but I''m at the point now where I''m feeling better in my clothes. I''ve also always been an all-or-nothing type person. And when I blow it, I get so discouraged and think I''m off my diet, I should just give up and be happy eating what I want. It never works though, because I''m not happy that way. So when I mess it up it''s important for me to think of the positive things so I don''t completely give it up. I probably sound crazy
3.gif
, but I''ve been up and down thorugh this so many times. I just want to keep myself on track. I need to hear that other healthy people still do indulge sometimes, and that it doesn''t mean I should give up.

There, just typing that made me feel better!!!
1.gif

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Kelli, once you find the right balance it really works. I''ve lost 9 kgs (20 lbs) since Christmas through not even trying very hard. One thing I have been doing is meal replacement shakes for weekday lunches, instead of buying unhealthy takeouts, so not only have I lost all this weight I have saved a lot of money! Shopping trip coming up...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2009 12:55:19 AM

Date: 5/13/2009 4:57:43 PM
Author: tlh

11.gif
38.gif
18.gif
LOL I am SOOO glad for shorts and skirts that look cute with swimsuits!!

It really does help me to find a postitive. The whole reason I started this thread is that I''ve ALWAYS had issues with eating too much, and I need to keep myself on this plan because the only alternative (for me and my absolute love for food) is eating however I want every day. I always ate whatever I wanted--- which was a LOT, but never had a problem because I was extremely active. Now that I have a still active, but more normal life, I really can''t do it without putting on weight. I don''t have a perfect body, but I''m at the point now where I''m feeling better in my clothes. I''ve also always been an all-or-nothing type person. And when I blow it, I get so discouraged and think I''m off my diet, I should just give up and be happy eating what I want. It never works though, because I''m not happy that way. So when I mess it up it''s important for me to think of the positive things so I don''t completely give it up. I probably sound crazy
3.gif
, but I''ve been up and down thorugh this so many times. I just want to keep myself on track. I need to hear that other healthy people still do indulge sometimes, and that it doesn''t mean I should give up.

There, just typing that made me feel better!!!
1.gif
I''m glad that you feel better.
9.gif
Sometimes you just need to let it out, you know? I wouldn''t let it bother you too much. The journey of 1,000 miles must begin with a single step... so just remember that... and heck, it is alright to indulge, otherwise lycra never would have been invented! ha! Don''t get discouraged, we all have up days and down days... and do the weekend warrior thing.
35.gif

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Ive heard that to loose weight you use this equation to figure out how many calories to eat:

Goal weight x 10 = # of Calories

Example:

GW 140 X 10 = 1400 Calories

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 2:18:34 AM
Author: laurenfischer5
Ive heard that to loose weight you use this equation to figure out how many calories to eat:

Example:

That''s a nice idea but I simply cannot do it.
8.gif
I lose weight when I eat 2000 a day, as long as I don''t seriously over-do it on the weekends-- which sometimes I do. But I really can''t function on that little food. I just need a little more will-power on Sundays!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/24/2009 2:18:34 AM
Author: laurenfischer5

Example:

Wow, so if I want to be 120 (I am 123 now) I have to live on 1200 calories a day? I think I would starve.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Guilty as charged- I''m terrible about it. Once Friday night hits, it''s pizza & beer time. Usually I get back under control by Sunday and eat pretty decent Sunday night through Friday lunch.

So far, it works for me- maintaining weight- not losing, but I''m 23, so metabolism might still be working...

mandela10

Rough_Rock
For me it is pretty challenging financially and mentally to to keep my diet, but i still try to do as much as i can to keep the weight down, and also i don''t find much support from my surroundings to keep eating healthy, they don''t and they kind of sometimes pull me with them.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I used to do this all the time.

I live with my family so there is 6 people in this house. We do a big food shop for the week on a Friday night. This means the weekend is all about eating the yum stuff and the treats before everyone else does and I don''t get any. I used to stuff myself untill I felt sick on friday nights because I felt it was important to eat this yum stuff before my siblings scoffed it all.

It was discusting, especially becuase I was eating like a health nut every weekday.

One day, afew years ago now I realised, who cares if I dont get any of those cookies, why should that matter, there will always be more cookies, I don''t have to have them, let my siblings go ape s*** and scoff everything yum in the pantry in 1 day.

Anyway, I decided I get 1 muffin on friday after dinner as a treat, and on saturday, I pick one other treat from what''s left and I have that and continue my normal healthy eating plan.

If I know I''m going to have a really busy day so i know I''m going to eat bad (like super busy weekends) I write down the night before what I am aloud to eat throughout that day. It really just takes the pressure off on days where i''m likely to cheat because the choice has been made in a time where i am thinking rationally rather then emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results