shape
carat
color
clarity

does anybody have photos of a high vs low quality pearl?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I
30.gif
both pearls and diamonds. They''re both classy and timeless. But, I''ve come to realize that I don''t think I could identify a low vs. high quality pearl. I''m very much a visual person and have never seen a comparison photo. Anybody have one?

Thanks!

35.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
It''s difficult to judge from photos (they can be made in different lighting conditions etc.), but I think it''s pretty safe to say that THESE are good, and that THESE are...not really (both strands are freshwaters btw). Notice the difference in luster i.e. how the first strand looks satiny and the second one more opaque - that''s an important quality feature. There are pearl buying guides online that can help you understand differences, but there are a lot of factors at play here. It''s, like with most gems, all about training the eye by observing.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 10:17:02 AM
Author: ma re
It''s difficult to judge from photos (they can be made in different lighting conditions etc.), but I think it''s pretty safe to say that THESE are good, and that THESE are...not really (both strands are freshwaters btw). Notice the difference in luster i.e. how the first strand looks satiny and the second one more opaque - that''s an important quality feature. There are pearl buying guides online that can help you understand differences, but there are a lot of factors at play here. It''s, like with most gems, all about training the eye by observing.
The only thing I notice is one link works and the other does not
31.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Thnx for the warning, let''s try it with a different one.

On THIS page you can see pearls of different quality grades. Now, since it''s not really easy to compare those of different colors, from this link it''s best to compare those first from the top, to the third one from the top. The difference is obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results