shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anybody have a ring like this?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So a week or two ago, I bought a lovely pear shaped diamond from Brilliance (who I am now shipping hard due to their sales and prices). I was going to make it into a pendant.

Then it arrived. And it's GLORIOUS.

So now, of course, I'm planning to make it a ring. (Of course, right?!)

Does any PSer happen to have a pear shaped diamond, halo set, with tapered baguettes on either side? I want to see if what I have in my mind works in real life. I can kiiiinda see it, but I'd love to see a ring where someone has already boldly gone... :mrgreen:

Thanks for the help as always - you're the best!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. Currently 36,000 ft above Utah on my way to CA, so I killed a little time chatting to the nice people at Brilliance (hallo Victor!). They offer an upgrade policy - 100% price of original natural diamond - and so *now* I'm thinking about upgrading this pear to a J VVS, 2+ct. I won't show you the one I'm considering, because I don't want this to march out the door! But I can tell you for nothing, it's a stunner!

It's like a disease. :mrgreen:

And still looking for photos of the design above if anyone has one!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I was intrigued as that sounds very bespoke and beautiful. So, I Googled a bit.
I'm assuming modern style. Something akin to this possibly, or more integrated into a pave shank, like this?
1712682286444.png 1712682378125.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was intrigued as that sounds very bespoke and beautiful. So, I Googled a bit.
I'm assuming modern style. Something akin to this possibly, or more integrated into a pave shank, like this?
1712682286444.png 1712682378125.png

Ooooh, I likely the bottom one very much :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the left, if it had far more elegant metal work, is exactly what I had in mind. I never do pave shanks. I think about them often, but I know they wouldn't work with my lifestyle; lots of cooking and cleaning and hand cream! I'm wondering, tho, if a halo might be too much. The diamond I'm looking at is over 11mm, and while it's unlikely I'll get this specific diamond, it will definitely be one like it.

So maybe bezel set, with overtones of Boadicea the Valiant! I'd like that. <3 Good lord, that was a lovely ring!

20200619_125607.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one on the left, if it had far more elegant metal work, is exactly what I had in mind. I never do pave shanks. I think about them often, but I know they wouldn't work with my lifestyle; lots of cooking and cleaning and hand cream! I'm wondering, tho, if a halo might be too much. The diamond I'm looking at is over 11mm, and while it's unlikely I'll get this specific diamond, it will definitely be one like it.

So maybe bezel set, with overtones of Boadicea the Valiant! I'd like that. <3 Good lord, that was a lovely ring!

20200619_125607.jpg

Due to the tint in a pear, I'm going to go with a J color to wear with my K color earrings. The match will be better than a K with those earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results