shape
carat
color
clarity

*Does a lil dance* I''m engaged!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Well! He did it. He proposed (f i n a l l y).

I won''t have pictures quite yet, since I want to take a lot of pretty ones, but I did post a few some months back.

Back story:
Fiance (weird weird weird) gave me a time limit of Sept 2008. Well we went through money problems with him losing his job and everything, so Sept came and went. No ring. In November, we found the best ring ever, so we got it. He gave me another time limit (he did this himself so I would stop pestering him for one) of April 30th 09. I was absolutely convinced he would wait until the last minute!! That''s how he is. So I pretty much bugged him every other day saying things like, "So you know I"m single right? For tax purposes"
9.gif
and "Yep, it''s never going to happen!" I mean, he had given me a time line before and broke it, so why would this be different? (hey, he could''ve proposed with tinfoil and I would''ve said yes!)

This last week:
So this last week my mom called me and said that we should all go to dinner to talk about our upcoming Vegas trip (it''s going to be her, my aunt, me and the FI). Nothing strange about that. Since we had a lot of expenses coming up I said, "I don''t know.. I don''t think we can afford it.. So probably not." She promptly calls the BF and says, "Hey.. your GF says you can''t go"
20.gif
He convinces me we can go, but we''ll just get something small. So I agree since my grandma was going to be there as well and I missed her!! She had recently been in the hospital- near death- and it''s been rough. So I really wanted to see her.

Well a few days after I started thinking how his TIMELINE was getting really near and HAHA wouldn''t it be great if he proposed with everyone there. My brothers, mom and dad, aunt and grandma were going to be there, so we could all celebrate! So I walk into the living room and said,
20.gif
"So are you going to propose at dinner?" He looks at me and says, "WHAT? No. Why would I do that.." and laughs at me... So I was like grrr. I then tell him, "Don''t propose in public. Please don''t. And if you do, do it at dinner or something so we can get lots of free stuff!! haha" (A joke, we''re not that desperate lol).

Yesterday:
I was feeling super good. My stomach had really been hurting Friday so I was thinking of just sending the BF to dinner, but I woke up and felt great! I wore new clothes, did my make-up and went to hang out with friends. We had such a great time. Then dinner time came, and I met the BF there. We were early so it was just us for a bit. Then my brothers came, and my mom and aunt, with my dad and grandma last. We chatted quickly about Vegas. I was sitting on the right side of my BF. All of a sudden I got an urge to PAT HIM DOWN FOR THE RING
20.gif
I knew he wasn''t going to be proposing so I thought it would be funny. I started patting his pocket and he was like, "What are you doing?!?!" I told him I was looking for my ring. He says pretty meanly, "And why would I have that with me!?" I was all HMMF! You''re right! Why would you! Not like you''re going to propose ever! (this was more joking tone than mean. We are jokesters hehe).

So after a bit he insists on me switching spots with him so I can sit next to my aunt. We do and we chat. After a moment I see he has moved his chair to the corner of the table. I ask what he''s doing and he says he dropped his napkin. OOH! Ok. So I pick it up for him.
20.gif
(he then apparently rolls his eyes to my mom because I foiled his plan)

Moments later I look over and he''s kinda kneeling and saying stuff. "We''ve had our good times and our bad times, and I''m not very romantic, but will you Marry Me?"
1.gif
I could just see how nervous he was. Originally I had a plan on saying no and then laughing and saying yes (cuz I''m so funny) but when it was happening I was actually like, WTF WTF WTF WTF... I also had my mouth FULL OF FOOD. So yes, there he is proposing, I have my mouth full and my mom is taking pictures (omg who is the blowfish in the picture??) lol. I guess I didn''t say yes and just grabbed the ring. Everyone was like, "DID SHE SAY YES?" LOL so I was all "YES!!!!!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaha I''m seriously the worst ever. He surprised me! He said it was going to be earlier but my grandma was in the hospital so he wanted to wait.. (aww) and then it was going to be LAST weekend, but my aunt couldn''t make it so he wanted to wait until everyone could make it (aww).

So yeah. My story. *giggles*

Oh and Im not on THE LIST. I took myself off last summer because I was so stressed about the engagement.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Haha, that''s a great engagement story! CONGRATS, darlin''!!!! Can''t wait to see your pictures!!
9.gif
YAY!!!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

Ashley21

Rough_Rock
congrats! that sounds like a fun proposal story to tell all your friends

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the pics. Seems like the ladies are just flying off the list these days.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! PICTURES!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! I can''t wait to see pics!!!!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! We wanna see pics!

I''ll post a bunch of pictures soon! (I know, how worthless) it''s just so gray and blah outside.

We did go out to Dave & Busters last night and OMG it was so sparkly!! One of my friends grabbed my ring and started pulling it off my hand and I freaked out! "Don''t touch the diamonds! They''ll get dirty!" (But really, she could''ve asked to see it instead of trying to work the ring off my hand..)

Hehe a clean diamond is a sparkly diamond :D

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I''m so happy for you!

Can''t wait for the pics :)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
congratulations, swedish!!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations swedish bean!!

I loved reading your recap...you''re too funny. I can''t wait to see pics!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I love your proposal! Congrats! Can''t wait for the pics!
36.gif
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that''s fantastic news!!!
HOOORAY, congrats to the both of you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
you''re too nice! if anyone tries to grab my ring off my finger they get this face~~~>
29.gif

lol congrats on your engagement, can''t wait to see pics! :)

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! You two sound like you''re quite a pair!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
congrats!! how exciting to have your family around you at the same time!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif

Very happy for you! Can''t wait to see those pics!
31.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! Congratulations! Can''t wait to see the ring.

Bia

Ideal_Rock

WOO HOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS SWEDISH!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo happy to see this!!!!
9.gif
36.gif

manybounce.gif
manybounce.gif
yayy.gif
manybounce.gif
manybounce.gif

WHEN exactly are we getting pictures?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Congratulations!!! Where are the pics?

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!!

Pictures?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
What an adorable story! Congratulations!!! Can''t wait to see the pics! (And just because I can''t wait, I''m going to go look up the ones you posted awhile back so I can remember and start imagining...
2.gif
)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Great story! congrats!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
yaaay! congrats! it sounds like you guys are perfect for each other.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Swedish!!
That''s absouletly wonderful...I''m so happy for you!
36.gif
9.gif
(I''d be even happier if I could see some pics)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results