shape
carat
color
clarity

Does 14k gold turn skin green?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Doug

Rough_Rock
My fiance has had her ring for 10 months and it has begun to turn her finger greenish. I thought that 14 karat gold would not do this. Is this not true? Do I need to question the ring vendor?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lower the gold content in the ring, the more you see of this. If the person has acid transpiration, then he/she is likely to see alot of these marks. It usually takes a serious amount of time for 14K to get such a 'patina', but 10K does get it quite fast. So, maybe you wnat to go to a different jeweler and have the gold content tested (a 1min, on the spot, procedure).

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi Doug,

Does your fiance eat a lot of citrus fruits or take vitamin c? I have seen 14kt leave dark residue on fingers but not green, usually with highly acidic health nuts! Cindy

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi Doug,

Does your fiance eat a lot of citrus fruits or take vitamin c? I have seen 14kt leave dark residue on fingers but not green, usually with highly acidic health nuts! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results