shape
carat
color
clarity

Does 1.96 grams sound light?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
This was an ebay purchase. The rose gold is a very pretty coppery color and is stamped 18K as the auctions states. BUT it''s not nearly as heavy as I expected and it makes me wonder if it''s hollow or partially hollow?!?

Metal: 18k Rose Solid Gold
Color: Red
Width: 3.5mm
Weight: 1.96 grams
Size 7

lainey_rosegold.jpg

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
i am no expert, but the same thing happened to me where i purchased a ring that looked more substantial than it really is, it turned out to be hollow but the weight declared was correct so there was nothing i can do. based on the weight on the ring you purchased, it looks like it may be hollow, but its still VERY pretty!!!

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
That''s kind of what I figured. The auction does show the ring on a scale to show the weight, but it does state it''s SOLID gold.

sukiisukii

Shiny_Rock
hmmm... is there a return policy on the piece? besides the weight it is very pretty, but i know what you mean with it being too light, that tends to bother me too... let us know what you decide and hopefully post pictures of the ring on your hand!

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
They do have a return policy but I would have to ship it back to China (ebay seller states they are in the US, but item was clearly shipped from China.

I think I will have my jeweler weight it for me just so I know what I have an decide to keep it or not.

I will take a hand shot, I do love the color of the gold! :)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, that sounds really, really light, especially for 18k.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking as a consumer rather than an expert, I think "solid" gold can be read two ways... as in a solid, not hollow piece; or gold through and through, not gold fill or gold plated. Still, I''d expect that a reputable seller would be careful to note the difference, since hollow pieces pretty much not sizeable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/16/2009 9:54:35 PM
Author: laineybugger
They do have a return policy but I would have to ship it back to China (ebay seller states they are in the US, but item was clearly shipped from China.

I think I will have my jeweler weight it for me just so I know what I have an decide to keep it or not.

I will take a hand shot, I do love the color of the gold! :)
i wouldn''t trust anything from China
38.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
That figure sounds off to me.

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
Well I have to admit, I am a bit sad about it. It came from LOGR which I know several people here have bought from.

The good news is this is NOT my wedding band, just a piece I bought for fun. I have been a bit obsessed with rose gold lately and bought it to wear with a london blue topaz I am having set into a rose gold bezel.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Aw, sorry lainey - I know it's disappointing. Still, if you like the color, and it's comfortable, and looks good with your london blue, I'd consider keeping it. I'd love to see pics of your topaz when it's set; I have a thing for london blue.

ETA: Actually, I just ran a quick search on eBay, and there's an auction for a rose gold 4mm band, and it's only 1.72grams. I know the style is different, but I just wanted to say that I think it's fairly common to have hollow bands like this - it really cuts down on the cost.

Auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Silk-Fit-Wedding-Band-Ring-14K-Pink-Rose-Gold-QVC-NR_W0QQitemZ250372916449QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Wedding_Bands_without_Stones?hash=item250372916449&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1326%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Dang that's a long link - I hope it's right.
40.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly relevant to this discussion but I read onetime that it is only legal to call a piece ''solid'' gold if it is 24 karat gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results