shape
carat
color
clarity

Do your ears hurt from the studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bosie

Shiny_Rock
I have posted some specs and grateful for all the wonderful responses.

The diamond studs are for my daughter.

I am just wondering if anyone has had some bad experience with the diamond studs hurting their ear possilby due to the weight or fit? Is one setting more comfy than another? Last thing I want to do is spend all this money and she does not wear them because they hurt her ears!

These are .68 tcw, so .34ct each. Comments appreciated.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''d suggest getting push-back settings, and not screwbacks. I personally find inserting those tiny screws into my ears to be rather painful.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
I found screwbacks VERY uncomfortable. The posts are thicker than normal. I set my studs in LaPousette backs - very secure and very comfortable.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I have 1.46 tcw push-back settings and I push mine back quite tightly because I am paranoid of losing them and also because I like the way they look best when they are snug up against my ear. They have always been comfy for me.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of my LaPousette backs:

LaPousette Backs.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
There have been several threads recently about studs hurting or stretching ears. I believe martini settings are the lightest of the settings and therefore don''t pinch or pull as much.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Boise,
I used to wear studs for as long as I can remember, but I also don't like to take them off (that's my bad) anyhow, especially when I sleep, yes, they dig into my head :) but I had a couple of studs with what I thought were abnormally long posts so I just recently switched to wearing huggie earrings and I have found some really pretty huggie earrings that have solitaire like diaomond on the front. I also didn't like to keep track of my earring posts incase it got caught on my hair and yanked it out or something, but for me I love my huggie earrings for the pure reason that it doesn't dig into my skull when I sleep and it's pretty secure and I can be active with it... let me find a pics as an example if you are only interested like a solitaire like setting. idk just another option to think about it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh here is one that is white gold matte finish with baguette single stone from heavenlytreasures.com
oh sorry for the writing on the earrings... I know that when my girls are older, I will get them these types of earrings, as I agree that I don't want to spend too much money on something that they might now wear incase it hurt them because I know my girls will probably not take them off and will sleep with them on.

heavenlytreasuremattehuggie.JPG

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same size stones in martini settings with LaPousette backs. I think they are very comfortable, but I don''t have sensitive ears.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I always heard that martini settings DO stretch the holes in your ears. Is that wrong? I''ve never had any.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli, they haven''t stretched mine. I''ve had my studs for about a year, wear them about 1/2 of the days, and often sleep in them.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear my martinis everyday, and i never sleep in them. Yet, they have stretched my holes a bit. I''m probably wearing them too tight but they kind of hang a bit if i don''t.

The friction backs don''t hurt my ears at all though.

I can''t wear WG earrings as they do irritate so I always tell people to make sure they have no allergy to it.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I wear screwbacks and though the post is a little larger, it doesn''t hurt at all. But what does hurt is that the studs have a longer post, so sometimes they dig into my ear (I wear mine at night - never take them out except to clean them).

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
My martini settings don''t have screw backs, nor do they have exceptionally long posts, so they are actually comfortable to sleep in (not that I recommend that). I have sensitive ears, so I got mine in platinum. So far, no stretching and they are very comfortable (I also don''t clamp them down too tightly into the skin, so that helps). At .34 carats each, I don''t think they''d be too heavy. Basket settings sat too far off my ear and looked droopy to me, which is why I went with the martini setting.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I just ordered my first studs. I ordered WG (I''m wearing WG right now, and I wear random metals all the time.) I am having minor spaz attacks that I should have ordered the platinum instead, yet I highly doubt that I will just suddenly become allergic to WG.

I. Am a spaz.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
My martini studs are 1.4 ctw with LaPousette backs and have not stretched my holes. I do not wear them too tight but I do wear a clear plastic disk between the back of my ear and the earring back that keeps them straight. Otherwise, they would hang down and they''re not even platinum. I wear them everyday, but not at night. I don''t even notice them. My holes may be very small but I tried a pair of screwbacks on when I was looking for earrings and it got stuck in my ear. The saleslady felt so bad because she kind of talked me into it when I said I thought they were too big. I ended up with an ear infection that took weeks to clear. Needless to say I have stayed away from screwbacks since then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results