shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your pearl bracelet loose or tight?

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
Hello to All,

I am about to get my pearl bracelet resized and since I have never worn a pearl bracelet before, I am not sure whether to wear it loose or tight.

I mainly wear bracelet in summer.
I am afraid wearing it loose will make it prone to scratches but wearing it tight might make it absorb sweat easily thus turning it yellow .

How do you wear your pearl bracelet?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
do pearls go yellow fro absorbing sweat ????

id wear it the safest way so you dont loose it (speaking from experience from losing bracelets)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have two dangle style pearl bracelets with cheapo CFWP or Tahitians, and wear them loosely as part of a stack, and seldomly for dressier events as they rattle too much for my liking (same applies to my charm bracelet).

Seen here with just a tennis bracelet, however, I usually wear at least one if not two more!

tennisbracelet_11-jpg.772050
tennisbracelet_13-jpg.772052

DK :))

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally just don’t like bracelets that flop onto my hand so I wear my bracelets tighter.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kind of in between? I don't like them so loose that they flop but I also hate anything tight.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a good question and I am curious to see some more answers. Where is @yssie?

Same for line bracelets, too. Should not be floppy but also not tight. Lang seems to style them on a nine-year old so those "standard" 7" Decos drape like a necklace and it's hard to get a good feel for the worn appearance.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like mine pretty loose. I like everything pretty loose though. Bracelets, rings. @love_pearls I’d say go with whatever feels most comfy to wear, I don’t believe tighter or looser has nearly enough real world impact on durability to outrank comfort and enjoyment ❤️

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for all your inputs.

Here's my pearl bracelet after resized. Got two pearls taken out. It's about 16cm long. I like the length. It has some room to breathe. And it doesn't sit too low on my wrist.

I chose Mikimoto because I like the darker body.

IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

1699786239384.png

The rich information on this forum really helps me choose and made a decision. It's a mind clean purchase.

Thank you to all.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you going to do with the two spare pearls please?

Just being curious.

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
What are you going to do with the two spare pearls please?

Just being curious.

For the time being, I just place them inside a travel pouch. If I gain weight, I can always add them back in the future.

I don't think for just two pearls, it's enough to make a stationed bracelet.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the time being, I just place them inside a travel pouch. If I gain weight, I can always add them back in the future.

I don't think for just two pearls, it's enough to make a stationed bracelet.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks.

I would have turned them into earring drops myself - for me personally, I like the look of a pearl dangling from a chain attached to my tiny diamond huggies.

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
What the style looks like?

I know what huggies look like but I don't know how it got connected to pearls .

Where do you get it done?

Thanks for your suggestion.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What the style looks like?

I know what huggies look like but I don't know how it got connected to pearls .

Where do you get it done?

Thanks for your suggestion

This is the inspiration photo from @katbran's pearlzaustralia's IG feed:

1699790620762.png

Personally, I would need to go down the custom route, to wire wrap each loose pearl to a short chain, then wire-wrap the other end so that the dangle can be interchangeable with my tiny huggies.

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
This is the inspiration photo from @katbran's pearlzaustralia's IG feed:

1699790620762.png

Personally, I would need to go down the custom route, to wire wrap each loose pearl to a short chain, then wire-wrap the other end so that the dangle can be interchangeable with my tiny huggies.

Thank you for the photo.

I think I prefer the shorter chain and without hooks.

Like you said, the photo is just for inspiration.

Thank you for posting.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for all your inputs.

Here's my pearl bracelet after resized. Got two pearls taken out. It's about 16cm long. I like the length. It has some room to breathe. And it doesn't sit too low on my wrist.

I chose Mikimoto because I like the darker body.

IMG_3612.jpeg

IMG_3607.jpeg

IMG_3608.jpeg

1699786239384.png

The rich information on this forum really helps me choose and made a decision. It's a mind clean purchase.

Thank you to all.

God that is a spectacular piece. The luster comes through clear and bright in your photos :love:

love_pearls

Shiny_Rock
God that is a spectacular piece. The luster comes through clear and bright in your photos :love:

Yes, it's better to buy it now than later.

I came across a pair of pink conch pearl earrings and each is about 0.8 cm, it's a bit tiny but it's within my price range. I had no idea there are pearls like this, at first, I thought they were corals. I think I am tempted.

Nowadays, I am leaning more towards pearls than vca because they are more low-keyed.

What do you think about the conch pearls?

Do you think in the future, they are gonna find a way to cultivate manmade conch pearls?

Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go, I made these just now myself, the keshis ones need reworking as the pearls are not good match.

The chains are shorter than the inspo earrings.

The big pearls are cheapo nucleated CFWPs, the smaller ones in 3s are likely to be a mix of CFWPs and Akoyas.

20231112_153027.jpg 20231112_152942.jpg 20231112_153055.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's better to buy it now than later.

I came across a pair of pink conch pearl earrings and each is about 0.8 cm, it's a bit tiny but it's within my price range. I had no idea there are pearls like this, at first, I thought they were corals. I think I am tempted.

Nowadays, I am leaning more towards pearls than vca because they are more low-keyed.

What do you think about the conch pearls?

Do you think in the future, they are gonna find a way to cultivate manmade conch pearls?

Thanks!

You bought at the RIGHT time!!

I think you bought right at the end of the get great quality whilst it’s still affordable era. Now we’re in get great quality whilst it’s still available no matter the cost, and we’re speeding toward great quality not being available no matter how much you’re willing to pay… But three Japan-based vendors I talked to recently expressed hope that we’ll be back to normal akoya production in 5-10 years, fingers are crossed!

I didn’t understand the appeal of conch pearls for so long!! I finally got to see one with the flame phenomenon, at Mikimoto, it was stunning. So unique and eye-catching. I took a short video -

I would absolutely buy conch pearls that show that flame effect, 8mm is a great size. I like the pink and white conch colours best. But I wouldn’t buy conch pearls that don’t have the flame - in that case might as well just buy coral for a lot less money!

I wonder why conch pearls aren’t cultured by now! I know they can grow anywhere inside the shell, the conch pearl mollusc isn’t the typical pearl bivalve. Maybe someone will try it if akoya and WSS become unreachable?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results