shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear your ering?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
This is somewhat of a spinoff from HopeDream''s post. I was very interested in what everyone had to say about their rings and their careers, as I am hoping for a 1.5 carat, high set, delicate solitaire even though I am going to be an orthodontist (latex gloves, here I come!)

So I just have three simple questions:

Do you wear your ering at work?
What do you do? (only if you don''t mind sharing)
Does your ring get in the way?

I suspect that I will just have to wear my ring on a chain inside my shirt while at work, which is ok with me. I don''t regret my setting choice either, as ANY style ering would probably need to be taken of to put on latex gloves. Plus, I''ll be in school SO LONG before I actually become an orthodontist that I''ll have plenty of time to enjoy my ring before having to take it off during the day.

Thoughts?

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. I wear my ring at all times and only the disco-ball type sparkle gets in the way
3.gif
. I''m an Occupational Therapist in schools and I do home visits with adults who have been in auto accidents as well. No need for gloves...just a lot of handwashing.
1.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
you damn skippy!

ETA: I wear it all the time, except when I do the following: wash dishes, cut anything smelly like onions/garlic, take a shower, go to bed, go running (or working out). I work in an office, and yes, I wear it all day there too :)

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I only take mine off when putting lotion on, scrubbing pots, making cookies (dough is beyond difficult to get out of prongs!), scrubbing with any cleaners that have bleach in them, taking a shower, or putting makeup on. I sleep with it on without the ring guard, because I know my fingers will be swollen when I wake up.

Swim season is coming up, and those of us who have gold rings (14k or 18k, either color) need to remember to take the ring off when we go swimming. Chlorine makes gold brittle and can weaken the prongs!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''m a physical therapist and I wear my ering on a chain around my neck at work!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 7:38:51 AM
Author:adhesive

What do you do? (only if you don't mind sharing)
I cant speak from experience because he hasnt actually proposed with it yet. However, its a 2ct cushion, with a thin 3 sided pave band, set high cathedral style. I know...I know....3 sided runs the risk of damage, but I couldnt help it. I wanted bling from ALL angles! LOL

I do plan on wearing mine at work....but then again I have a job where wearing the ring wouldnt effect performance, or not be tastful. Because......I'm a WEDDING PLANNER! haha.
9.gif
So I dont think any bride will object to more bling in the room! lol

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Of course I don''t have an ering yet, but this has me thinking...I''m REALLY going to have to break my (terrible) habit of putting on lotion with my RHR. I''ve been trying to break myself of this habit lately, but I''m always scared I''ll drop and lose it during the middle of the day. And that''s with my RHR that''s 18 years old. I can''t imagine how paranoid I''ll be with my ering!!! Yikes!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock

I have a relatively small diamond in comparison to others on PS. It''s a .75. It is set high though.

I always wear my ering to work unless I forget which happens a lot. I have a routine in the morning which includes getting my ering out of its box. If it is not in its box for whatever reason, I won''t look for it. I''m too much "in the zone" in the morning to get out of th eroutine.

I''m an auditor so I''m in front of a computer all day. There are times it gets in the way when I''m doing field audits (which I can''t explain w/out giving away which company I work for). But when I''m doing my field audits, I leave it home.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I wear my ring at work, I''m an editor and no my ring doesn''t get in the way.

I wear my ring whenever I leave the house (unless it''s to go to the beach or some other risky place). At home it comes off as does the rest of my jewelry. It''s just more comfortable that way. My fingers swell in my sleep, so I hate wearing rings to bed and I''m really absent-minded, so I''m afraid I''ll forget and pull a Paula Deen (i.e., stick my hand/ring into a big bowl of meatloaf or something equally gross and messy).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 10:38:46 AM
Author: NakedFinger

I cant speak from experience because he hasnt actually proposed with it yet. However, its a 2ct cushion, with a thin 3 sided pave band, set high cathedral style. I know...I know....3 sided runs the risk of damage, but I couldnt help it. I wanted bling from ALL angles! LOL

I do plan on wearing mine at work....but then again I have a job where wearing the ring wouldnt effect performance, or not be tastful. Because......I''m a WEDDING PLANNER! haha.
9.gif

I don''t care if you''re not a bride, GET THEE TO THE BIW FORUM! We brides need your help!!

Your ring sounds amazing! I too have 3-sided pave. I actually found a wedding band that was designed to be worn with 3SP, it''s got pave on the top and the outer-side, with the inner-side left blank.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring all the time with the exception of when I lift at the gym (my mom works out at the same gym as me, so she holds it in her gym bag when I lift), when I shower, cook, and when get my nails done (I haven''t gotten them done yet with the e-ring, but I know the acrylic dust will get into the setting, so I''m gonna take it off).
I''m a social worker that sits at a computer most of the day, and I interact with my clients, so my job really doesn''t dictate how I wear it. I''m definitely able to wear it at work.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 10:40:13 AM
Author: Still_Waiting
Of course I don''t have an ering yet, but this has me thinking...I''m REALLY going to have to break my (terrible) habit of putting on lotion with my RHR. I''ve been trying to break myself of this habit lately, but I''m always scared I''ll drop and lose it during the middle of the day. And that''s with my RHR that''s 18 years old. I can''t imagine how paranoid I''ll be with my ering!!! Yikes!
I always take my rings off when putting on lotion. They stay icky-free!
2.gif

Don''t have an e-ring yet but I''ll wear that sucker ALL THE TIME after I get it. Other than while sleeping and showering. I''m a graphic designer so it wont get in the way and it will always be near the keyboard so I can always see it looking back at me
27.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
My ring pretty much lives on my necklace. At least 60% of the time... I don''t really work so that isn''t an issue. But every now and again I go to a friends bar and bartend (strange I know, but I love it!) and I wear it on my necklace there too. Sometimes I put it in the back of the necklace just so I can avoid the convos that usually surround me wearing behind the bar.
I never ever leave it at home though. Our house is older and it wouldn''t be hard to break in, so I figure it''s safer with me bc i know I would fight someone for it! LOL

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
1- Yes, I sit at a desk and type
2- Marketing for a global firm and more specificly a major car brand (fingers crossed my job sticks)
3- Never, sometimes I get embarassed since NO ONE here wears e-rings

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
i dont have my ering yet either, but i''d suspect i''d do the same as i do currently with my rhr. i take off my rings when i work out (i hate it when my fingers swell and i can''t take off my rings...hahaah...), shower, do dishes, put on lotion and sleep. i work in an office, so my rings wouldn''t get in the way of my job in any way shape or form.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I do. I rarely take my ring off, only for sleeping, showering and cleaning. I work on my laptop all day.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 10:37:53 AM
Author: Porridge
I''m a physical therapist and I wear my ering on a chain around my neck at work!

Ok so I don''t have an e-ring YET but it''s something I thought about cause I''m a massage therapist.. so i definitely will NOT be wearing my e-ring when I work
37.gif
. can''t have it geting all oily gooey!!
14.gif

I''ll probably wear it on a chain around my neck too!
3.gif

Prinny

Rough_Rock
Well I too don''t have an e-ring YET, but I''m a full time student for about another year so I would definitely wear it at school. When I do graduate, I will going into TV reporting/hosting so I don''t think it will get in the way at all. I will be able to show the city my ring on TV lol
36.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:30:22 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/20/2009 10:38:46 AM
Author: NakedFinger

I do plan on wearing mine at work....but then again I have a job where wearing the ring wouldnt effect performance, or not be tastful. Because......I''m a WEDDING PLANNER! haha.
9.gif

I don''t care if you''re not a bride, GET THEE TO THE BIW FORUM! We brides need your help!!

Your ring sounds amazing! I too have 3-sided pave. I actually found a wedding band that was designed to be worn with 3SP, it''s got pave on the top and the outer-side, with the inner-side left blank.
HAHA...no problem. You can feel free to ask me advice any time!

Wow what a great idea! Thats probably what I will have to do, because I know if I get the 3 sided band too, then it will rub with the e-ring which probably wont be good for it. So thats a great idea! Thanks!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t wear my e-ring to work most of the time. My wedding ring is really small/thin, so it can pass 9 times out of 10. I''ve been asked to take it off or move it to my other hand, though.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I wear gloves all day, as well (am a doctor). And I wear my rings to work usually, unless I am on call and going to be up all night (and hence probably bashing my exhausted hands into things haha.) But I am generally not klutzy, which helps.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Temporary Threadjack
Musey-if Katherine Heigel leaves GA, I think you should hit up Shonda to be her replacement. Just a thought...

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

1. Yes
2. Criminal defense lawyer
3. It gets some comments, but it doesn''t ever get in the way

I take my ring off only when I shower, and if I''m away from home, I don''t take it off at all.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What do you do? (only if you don't mind sharing)
a) No. I don't work. If I remember, I wear it to school. I'm not very good about remembering it sometimes. If I did work (pastry chef) I wouldn't wear it.
b) Already answered this...
c) It would. And it would be a food safety problem...

ETA: my ering is a spinel though, so I don't worry when I forget it because it's also for it's safety since it's softer than a diamond, and not just because I'm forgetful. I don't often wear it when I'm at home which is one reason I'll forget it sometimes. When we get married I'll just wear the band(s) unless it's a special occasion.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t wear mine for ages in work but I used to get worried about something happening to it while it wasn''t on my finger so I started wearing it.
I''m a vet student and work part time in a vet clinic. If I''m doing something really dirty, I''ll pop on gloves, otherwise I figure whatever gets on it will wash off.
It hasn''t gotten in the way that I can remember.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my ring all day in gloves with no problems!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 4:14:19 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Temporary Threadjack

Musey-if Katherine Heigel leaves GA, I think you should hit up Shonda to be her replacement. Just a thought...
LOL!
3.gif
Good idea, I''ll get on that.
9.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
ahhhh I''m terrible! I only take my ring off when I take showers. I''m curious why you would take it off before going to bed...wouldn''t you just...find it on your pillow or mattress when you woke up? I do take mine off for cleaning too as soon as I remember

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my e-ring to work every day.
I am a high school English teacher.
It never gets in the way. Well, sometimes it distracts me when I''m driving to work, but I''m getting better.
2.gif

Smurfy--I take my ring off before bed because I don''t want to damage it while I''m sleeping. My setting is platinum, which can bend, and I wouldn''t want that!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:49:17 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
ahhhh I''m terrible! I only take my ring off when I take showers. I''m curious why you would take it off before going to bed...wouldn''t you just...find it on your pillow or mattress when you woke up? I do take mine off for cleaning too as soon as I remember

My hands swell when I''m sleeping, so it can be uncomfortable. I also flail about a lot and I would hate to hit FI with it. Not to mention, pave can''t feel good when it''s embedded in your chin after sleeping on your hand...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results