shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear you diamond studs earrings to sleep?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Question is in the title.

Would like to keep mine to sleep but I'm afraid to lost one or feel unconfortable.

What you do please?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take mine out every night stci, for the reasons you mentioned - they're uncomfortable and one might come out. I just put mine in my jewelry box every night.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Only if I forget or if I'm too tired to bother messing around with them.

That's not because they're not comfortable - they are! - or because I'm scared of losing them - the backs are secure, I'm not - but simply because I feel like it reduces the sparkle a tad and then I somewhat neurotically have to clean them scrupulously the next morning.

If I take them out, I can get away with washing them once a week or so and just giving them a quick polish before I pop them in in the mornings. Sheer laziness!

tannet

Shiny_Rock
I take them out every night. I accidentally fell asleep with them on one night and I woke up in the middle of the night to take them out. The main reason was to keep them cleaner and prolong the time between cleanings. I think they feel really secure so I wouldn't be worried about losing one. In fact, if I were away from home, I would rather sleep in them than take them off.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
I sleep in them every night. Them and my necklace. The earrings have screwbacks and are pretty comfortable. I'm sure its not the thing to do, but I think they are secure and its more of a hassle to take them out, so they pretty much stay in all the time (except when I remember to clean them),

Sleep with them, shower with them... :)

I would rather keep them in because at least I know where they are.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take my earrings out at night.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Girls who wear your diamond studs to sleep... do you have standard back or heavy one? Mine are standard, is this enough?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I was just about to post this question as I've just got myself some diamond studs!

Weather you leave them in or take them out, what size are your studs (I'm assuming people who leave them in have smaller studs?) and what backs do they have?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
4ever|1309144549|2955875 said:
I was just about to post this question as I've just got myself some diamond studs!

Weather you leave them in or take them out, what size are your studs (I'm assuming people who leave them in have smaller studs?) and what backs do they have?

I do leave other earrings in, when I don't have to worry about gunking up my light return ... and I've done everything from hoops to 8 mm pearls that I wore for embarrassingly long periods sans breaks (we're talking months, people). I've never had a butterfly back come off, or lost an earring.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I'm surprised that so far most of you taken them out because you don't want them to get gunked up rather than because your worried about loosing them. I'm not worried about loosing them in bed because they will still be around the bed somewhere, but I'm worried about flicking one out in the shower. :errrr:

Also I wish more people were concerned about how skungy their earrings get, last week a woman dropped her studs off, pretty respectable size, basked settings and the entire basked was fulled with sold, stinky ear scum *vomits* That took a lot of toothbrush action and a LONG HOT ultrasonic. Still not the grossest piece of jewellery I've cleaned at work...... :-o

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sleep with mine in...I have a fear that taking them on and off too often will losen up the butterfly back.

That said, I haven't worn them much since I got my BN hoops (PS gift...still need to post photos :))

slg47

Ideal_Rock
MC post photos!!

I don't sleep in mine...I don't like sleeping in any earrings. Plus...don't want to lose one :errrr:

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I don't sleep in mine. I don't find it comfortable and I worry about losing them in my sleep. Mine have screw backs.

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Sleep in mine shower in them and only take them off for a clean. They have butterfly backs and are 1.5tcw :)) I too would worry about losing them if I took them out...

4ever

Ideal_Rock
MC|1309146715|2955906 said:
I sleep with mine in...I have a fear that taking them on and off too often will losen up the butterfly back.

That said, I haven't worn them much since I got my BN hoops (PS gift...still need to post photos :))

They are really easy to tighten back up with a pair of round nosed pliers.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Prongs getting caught in loose threads on the ears, fabric wearing the metal away, yanking one out somehow in my sleep - too much to worry about!

Plus I like to clean them right before bed every day so they're sparkly for first thing in the morning. Totally agree w/ 4ever re. wearing earrings 24x7 without taking them off to clean at least every day... one of those unfortunate facts: no matter how 'clean' you are and how good your personal hygiene everyone gets ear ick! :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: Especially screwbacks, with all the threading.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I don't sleep in my studs because I'm reliably informed that this will stretch the holes in my earlobes over time. I don't actually know if this is true, but I don't want to risk it, since my piercings aren't in quite the right place to begin with. I don't wear the same studs every day anyway, so I tend to take them out and put them away at night.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I keep em in. Can't be bothered to take them out. They do get very dirty this way though! :cheeky:

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I slept in my 1ctw studs and I now sleep in my 3ctw studs. They're super comfortable! Whenever I take them out at night I forget to put them back in in the morning... then after I have left my house I touch my ears and realize I'm earringless. If I don't wear earrings I feel naked so then I have to go back to my house mid-day to get my studs. Too much of a hassle! I just leave them in and clean them once or twice a week.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear earrings to bed all the time. I wear a lot of different studs and I've never had any problems.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
The only time I take my studs out is once a week to clean them.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
most nights I take them off... but there is those times...when I can barely wash my face :) Mine are 1.50 tctw..and they are no comfortable when I sleep in them.. if I happen to fall asleep in them.. I always take them off before I shower.. I think the shampoo and conditioner are the real gunk masters.... :rolleyes:

stci

Ideal_Rock
If I had done a survey, I probably got a 50/50 but the people who don't wear their studs for sleeping have good arguments.

- Lost one
- Grease in shampoo
- Regularly clean

All this left me pensive...

Mine are .72 and .74 with 8 prong setting with standard backs. I just make sure they are squishing my ears (past the part where they click and stay on). I check them every now and then and clean them if they are dirty and I'm wearing my hair up.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I sleep in mine. They're pretty petite (.38ctw), and have friction backs. I forget to wear them if I take them out at night, so I just give them a quick scrub in the mornings with jewelry cleaner and the little brush that came with it, and I'm ready for the day! (After I do hair and make up, that is. No use polishing them and then getting hairspray on them.)

Joolz

Rough_Rock
I have always slept with mine in, but I do worry about what Jennifer W mentioned, stretching out the holes. I have never lost one in bed but came dangerously close while wrapping a towel around my head in the shower before I stepped out.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I never take mine out since they are screwbacks, it is way too much work otherwise. They poke me sometimes in the head when I sleep, but you get used to it.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
sba771|1309181756|2956079 said:
I never take mine out since they are screwbacks, it is way too much work otherwise. They poke me sometimes in the head when I sleep, but you get used to it.

I'm the same way! I go through phases of wearing them but if I am wearing them I leave them in for days at a time because the screw back is such a pain the behind to deal with. They do get nasty though, so even then I try to take them out every couple of days to clean them, but then will put them right back in.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Only take them off to clean them! One set has screw backs and the other, smaller second hole ones don't.

Cachette :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results