shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear you diamond studs earrings to sleep?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take mine out everyday and clean them but I don't find them comfortable to sleep in. Mine are in four prong mountings so I'm sure that makes a difference.

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
I usually take mine out, but I probably sleep in them two to three days a week, just because I forgot to take them out. They are regular backs.

They are a little uncomfortable when I sleep on my side, but I have never had one fall out.

Zappy

Shiny_Rock
I leave mine in all the time and I think they are comfortable to sleep in. They are .90 ctw in martini settings with butterfly backs. I have had them for a year and have never had a problem with the backs falling off or coming loose.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIne are 1.2 ctw. I'm one of these who takes them out only once or twice a week for cleaning. I do worry too much in/out will loosen the backs. I've never had a problem with losing/stretching ears holes/discomfort. I wear it all to bed - wedding rings, tennis bracelet, pendant. I do take those off and soak 'em while I'm showering, but not the earrings every day.

helene78

Rough_Rock
I take them out every night because I don't find them comfortable enough to sleep with..

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
i also wear mine 24/7. i have .84 ctw WF ACA's. i'm terrified of losing one since i've had bad luck in the past with losing earrings but the backs (butterfly) are very secure. i keep them in so i know where they are and wash them every one to two weeks (should probably do it more though!) :twirl:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Last week I received my 1.05 ctw stds from BGD with jumbo backs in platinum(https://www.pricescope.com/communit...amond-studs-with-jumbo-backs-from-bgd.162479/) and I find that I cannot sleep in them because I am worried of obviously making them dirty and also I feel like the backs make the stud a little bit heavy and I am worried I will stretch my holes. But during the day, I don't even feel my studs with the jumbo backs on my ears at all so they help with the drooping. I am removing them before I go to bed too and tried to sleep with them for a few hours one night but had to wake up and remove them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sleeping with studs is nice. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I have worn mine to bed, but usually I take all my jewelry off before bed, a shower, cleaning, etc. It isn't a fear that I will lose them...it's a matter of me being comfortable when I sleep. :)

Then my routine in the morning after I shower and get ready is putting all of my jewelry on. :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't stand to wear any jewelry when I am sleeping.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I take them off. I forgot a few times, and woke up with the posts of the studs poking/stabbing into the skin (and maybe the skull too) behind my ears. It is just very uncomfortable to sleep with them on.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1309160435|2955981 said:
I don't sleep in my studs because I'm reliably informed that this will stretch the holes in my earlobes over time. I don't actually know if this is true, but I don't want to risk it, since my piercings aren't in quite the right place to begin with. I don't wear the same studs every day anyway, so I tend to take them out and put them away at night.

Trust me, this is true. The holes in my ears need to be sewn and re-done..but since it is cosmetic my insurance company won't pay for it and I'm unemployed and that is waaaaaaaaaaaay on the bottom of my necessity list.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea how you ladies sleep with the earrings in. If I even try to lay down on a pillow on the couch with the earrings in, they stab me in the side of the head! Owie, totally uncomfortable. I don't sleep in any jewelry.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine to sleep fairly often--they are actually very comfortable. I go through stretches where I wear my studs every day, so I'll leave them in and sleep with them for a few days. I take them out and clean them thoroughly every week or so, but I just clean them with rubbing alcohol while they're still on my ears in the morning. They're screw backs, so they're a pain to take out.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I used to, but now I take them out because I think they stay cleaner that way. When I was sleeping in them for years I never had a problem with losing them though.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I've had my little studs (.20 tcw) for 4 years and I have never taken them off.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Mine are screwed into my ears and have really long posts so I leave them in ALL the time. I've never had a problem wearing them to sleep.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I've always worn earrings to sleep. I have .25ctw studs in my second and third holes, and they've never bothered me. If something pokes me, I move my head!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I sleep with mine in. I check the backs periodically, and also take them out to clean them, but that's about it.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I sleep in mine about 90% of the time. The only time I don't is if I happen to wear my BGD hoops that day, and when I take them off don't put the studs back in. They are not uncomfortable at all. I've had them for 12 years and haven't lost one yet, so I'm not worried about that. I do take them out weekly to clean them.

stci

Ideal_Rock
I just don't understand why my post is in 2 forums. Was certain to post it only in one! Excuse-me all!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
stci|1309224557|2956681 said:
I just don't understand why my post is in 2 forums. Was certain to post it only in one! Excuse-me all!

I think it was moved to the Hangout. I saw it in both forums, but when I click on the one in SMTB it takes me to the Hangout one.

Maybe a moderator can explain and/or delete the one in SMTB.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
another 24/7 gal here, I have 1 ctw martini set studs that are super comfortable, I take them out to clean them about 3-4 times a week after a shower and I take them off when I work in the garden.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
mrswahs|1309215414|2956578 said:
I've had my little studs (.20 tcw) for 4 years and I have never taken them off.

mrsw I would definitely give them a good soak or take them to a jeweler to get steam cleaned!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
My sister had one of her ear holes tear in her sleep from wearing earrings :(( . I take my earrings out every night, If I leave them in 24/7 my earholes get pinkish and irritated, they seem to like the overnight break. My earrings stay on the dish of my ring holder.

I'd rather have to buy new backings if they get loose, than have to have my ears re-sewn.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don't have diamond studs, but i do have many different pairs of stud earrings - i don't sleep in them EVER because they poke behind my ears depending on what side i lie on. i can't stand it.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
violet3|1309371507|2958161 said:
i don't have diamond studs, but i do have many different pairs of stud earrings - i don't sleep in them EVER because they poke behind my ears depending on what side i lie on. i can't stand it.

yes!! same here.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I've worn mine 24/7 for the last five years. Most of the time I forget they're there. In really only take them off to clean them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results