shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear white and yellow gold jewelry together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Do you wear white and yellow gold jewelry together?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes. My ering is white gold because that''s what I wear most often, but I have a whole set of yellow gold that I wear when I feel like it, and sometimes I wear my set that is tri-gold. I just make sure it doesn''t CLASH, but most of my jewelry is pretty simple anyway, so I don''t feel like it looks too weird. I''m actually hoping to get more rose gold pieces, because I think it looks GREAT with white gold. Then I can mix and match even more.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yep. All the time.

But, most of my jewelry has colored gemstones, and I''m more interested in matching those to the clothes that I''m wearing. I consider the metal color secondary to the gemstone color.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I prefer yellow gold but not in for a wedding set. So my honey started a collection of two tone jewerly for me several years back. I have yellow and white gold earrings, necklace, bracelet, and watch. My e-ring is white gold.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do, maybe it is a faux paux, but I wear a yellow gold necklace and sometimes wg watch. I am too lazy to hunt down my gold watch; I think too matchy matchy can be over the top!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is plat, my necklace from the FI (his first gift to me) is white gold and it never comes off. I have two rings that are YG that were from my mother when i turned 12 and 16 - I did have to move them both over to my right hand since they looked silly next to the e-ring, but i wear it all. If you love certain pieces I say just wear them and enjoy!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!! You make your own rules!!
9.gif

I mix yellow, white and rose gold all the time and to me, that makes wearing jewellery more interesting! Others may differ but that''s ok, each to her own, he he.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear white and yellow gold together all the time. I love the look.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
My original ER was 2-tone: YG shank, platinum top. My WR is YG, as was my RG diamond ring.

The "lost" ER is being made as we speak (yay WF!!), and I have decided to once again make it 2-tone. I know that''s a bit dated, but it''s out of respect for the fact that my sweet DH loved it, and is happy that I can still get 2-tone (though the rest of the ring is a huge upgrade). Also, it works with my WR and RH replacement diamond ring which is also 2-tone.

Studs are WG

I find with the 2 tone I barely see the YG, but it''s just enough that I''m comfortable mixing and matching.

Funny, I''m seeing more and more YG cropping up these days on celebrities. Maybe it''s making a comeback and I''m just ahead of the times instead of behind?
9.gif

LS

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sort of, I will wear yellow gold earrings and white metal rings. However, I won''t wear yellow gold and white gold rings together. I also want my pendant and earring to match, but they don''t have to match my rings if that makes any sense.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I used to be so matchy that even my belt buckles and purse hardware had to match! Now I do mix a bit more as my ering and band are platinum so most of the stuff I wear is 18k white or yellow gold. I am less concerned about it though I do wear my Cartier two tone ballon blue if I will be wearing yellow gold.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Yes.I mix colors...but not randomly...there is a balance that i look for...i dont just pile on everything under the sun.I will wear a two tone watch to pull together a bracelet and rings of oppisite colors.I like the look of antique gold with a patination and mixed with old american indian silver.A Tri-gold roll ring will be a foundation piece for mixing other colors at the same time.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I do it all the time.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep I do, I have yellow gold for my wedding ring set and I have white gold RHR''s
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes I do!

I have a tri-color rolling ring that I like to think ties everything together
3.gif
a lot of my fashion jewelry is gold, since gold is, well, in 'fashion' right now for such things. I'd have to stop wearing my engagement ring to wear fashion jewelry. Not gonna happen! I even wear a silver chain/pendant layered with a rose gold chain on a regular basis.

Mixing metals doesn't bother me in the least. I rather like it
1.gif

shelleydog

Shiny_Rock
Gosh these are great answers! I''ve always just worn yg and now have beautiful studs and a wg pendant but a yg diamond ring. What about a wg diamond ring on the right hand with the yg on the left hand?

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Cartier Panthere watch which is stainless steel with two strips of yellow gold - so I feel very comfortable wearing either, or both!

I have a lovely gold neckwire which I bought in Greece many years ago - and I even hang silver pendants from it these days... something which would have horrified me a few years ago!

I think it''s all down to how you do it, and with a little thought it can be carried off with panache. :)

x x x

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:47:42 PM
Author: Cleo
I think it''s all down to how you do it, and with a little thought it can be carried off with panache. :)
Agreed!

Especially if you have a two- or multi-tone piece that ties it all together
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mix them up all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results