shape
carat
color
clarity

do you wear makeup daily?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I definitely wear it every day - I''m extremely fair, and I don''t think I look "right" without it - too washed out, somehow. The only place I don''t wear makeup is at the gym. I''ve also been known to not put any on if I''m sick and staying at home all day, but that''s about it. I don''t wear a ton of it, and mostly it looks pretty natural (or so I''ve been told), but that little bit of color really wakes me up, and helps me look like I''m not unwell
3.gif
20.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 11:23:00 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
I definitely wear it every day - I''m extremely fair, and I don''t think I look ''right'' without it - too washed out, somehow. The only place I don''t wear makeup is at the gym. I''ve also been known to not put any on if I''m sick and staying at home all day, but that''s about it. I don''t wear a ton of it, and mostly it looks pretty natural (or so I''ve been told), but that little bit of color really wakes me up, and helps me look like I''m not unwell
3.gif
20.gif
Ditto. I''m too pale and uneven to go without my Bare Essentials powder. It looks pretty natural to me - just evens out my pale cheeks and forehead with my red nose and chin with dark under eye circles. My eyelids are perfect for eye shadow which is my one fun thing I play with. Anytime I''ve ever NOT worn eyeliner and mascara, people comment that I look tired. The cheeks and lips I pretty much get too lazy to do. When I wear lipstick is when people think I''m wearing makeup.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I''m not working, I wear only undereye concealer and mascara. Bare face otherwise. If I didn''t have DARK undereye circles, I would be able to just wear mascara. If only.
39.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
as a kid (teens and up to 23yr old) I wore makeup all the time...but then a lightbulb went off. I knew I looked fine just naturally. Now I''m going to be 41yr old, wear it only when I''m going out or maybe some cover up on those mornings when I hadn''t slept well..but other than that..it''s ALL NATURAL for me. Maybe that''s why I look so young
2.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much don''t leave the house without foundation and mascara. I''ve heard that foundation protects your skin, and I know it keeps mine less oily, so I like to wear it even though my skin looks pretty good without. I wear mascara because my eye lashes are very light. If I had nice dark eyelashes I probably wouldn''t bother on weekends and things.

I just love the difference that makeup makes in my look, even if it''s subtle, so it''s worth it to me to take the extra 5-10min every day.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I love make up! Application of it is pampering-self time for me. It normally does not take more than 5 min for me to put on sunscreen, eyeshadow/liner and blush. I love color!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other than playing around with makeup when I was in middle school and wearing it on my wedding day this past summer, I''ve never worn makeup (not even a little). I don''t have any idea how to apply it correctly, and I don''t like how it feels. I kind of wish I liked it because it could be fun to play with, but I like that my morning routine doesn''t involve lots of little jars, brushes, powder, etc.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
i wear makeup to work and if im going out, but if i am off and doing nothing besides running errands i dont wear it.

Mrs.Guz

Shiny_Rock
I always wear blush and mascara. When I am going out at night I also wear eye shadow.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
If I have to face the world, yes. I generally only wear a little bit of jane iredale powder, blush and mascara and my new staple city lips gloss. At night, I would wear a little more blush and some lipstick or darker gloss, and maybe some eyeliner. It generally only takes me about 10-20 minutes to get ready.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Nope! Not at work. Mascara and a teeny bit of blush on days off. Serious makeup when going out
2.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Nope. I hardly ever wear makeup. Maybe a few times a year.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh, forgot to add the other thing that is key, for me, in the decision to wear makeup - I look really young, even with it, and even younger without it. So for me, that''s key - I don''t appreciate being asked what college (or even high school!) I go to, especially now that I''m about 2-3 months away from finishing my PhD. So wearing at least a little bit of makeup really helps with that!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 7:42:27 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I am lucky to have near perfect skin so all I wear is lipstick or gloss.
Lucky you! I really envy you. I think beautiful skin can make a woman beautiful all by itself.

I don''t wear makeup except if I''m going out or I get in the mood for it which isn''t often. I do go through spurts where I''ll wear it every day but it never lasts.
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How I envy those of you with good skin! I used to wear zero foundation and a dab of concealer only on the occasional blemish, but my skin is awful these days--acne, acne marks, and acne scars abound, despite some very aggressive dermatological treatment. It honestly makes me cry some nights when I take my makeup off . . .

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 8:50:24 PM
Author: kittybean
How I envy those of you with good skin! I used to wear zero foundation and a dab of concealer only on the occasional blemish, but my skin is awful these days--acne, acne marks, and acne scars abound, despite some very aggressive dermatological treatment. It honestly makes me cry some nights when I take my makeup off . . .

Kittybean, I''m sorry.
7.gif

I know how awful it is on your self-esteem. I struggle on and off with it. It recently got pretty bad because I went off of birth control

I''ve cried too. You''re not alone.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Almost 98% of the time I wear eye makeup, blush and lip products. Normally I do not wear foundation.

If I am in a hurry or lazy, I may take a day off, but even then I still wear concealer, curl my eyelashes, and put on blush.

Blush is mandatory to give skin a glow.
1.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always had good skin; even now as I''m older. Although I''d like a few less forehead furrows.
2.gif
But if I''m without ''face'', someone will invariably say "Are you okay? You look a little tired."

Some people honestly look silly in much more than lipgloss. I need the full treatment in order to look awake!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 2:11:47 PM
Author: HollyS
I''ve always had good skin; even now as I''m older. Although I''d like a few less forehead furrows.
2.gif
But if I''m without ''face'', someone will invariably say ''Are you okay? You look a little tired.''

Some people honestly look silly in much more than lipgloss. I need the full treatment in order to look awake!
I forgot mascara once. ALL DAY at work people were asking me if I was okay.
14.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 9:03:51 PM
Author: elledizzy5

Kittybean, I''m sorry.
7.gif

I know how awful it is on your self-esteem. I struggle on and off with it. It recently got pretty bad because I went off of birth control

Thanks, Elle. It''s nice to know I''m not alone! What kind of makeup do you use?

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
I wear tinted moisturized, mascara, and clear lip balm everyday. I also fill my eyebrows in with a little eyebrow powder/wax because I was so pluck happy back in the day that they never filled in right. Paula Dorf, I love you. Haha. You''ve made me go from spawn of Satan to a normal human being every day for at least 5 years. It''s amazing what bad brows will do to your face!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2009 8:14:36 PM
Author: CJ2008

Date: 3/22/2009 7:42:27 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I am lucky to have near perfect skin so all I wear is lipstick or gloss.
Lucky you! I really envy you. I think beautiful skin can make a woman beautiful all by itself.

I don''t wear makeup except if I''m going out or I get in the mood for it which isn''t often. I do go through spurts where I''ll wear it every day but it never lasts.
3.gif
I don''t have perfect skin but I embrace what I have. I don''t feel bad about my sun spots, they just show that I enjoy outdoor time.
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:20:30 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 3/22/2009 8:38:14 PM

Author: jcrow

Date: 3/22/2009 8:28:24 PM

Author: cellentani

I don''t wear makeup every day, but only because I am unprincipled and lazy. I do feel much better with eyeliner, mascara, and a little cream blush which I wear maybe twice a week. I''ve been using Retin-A for almost over a year (I don''t have acne; it''s purely for aesthetic reasons), so I wear sunscreen, but not foundation.

would you mind elaborating more on the retain-a deal? you''ve peaked my interest
9.gif
Jcrow, I use Retain A because I have acne. My insurance company didn''t want to pay for it because they thought I was using it for fine lines (cosmetic reasons) not acne; my doctor confirmed it was for acne though. I do notice that it softens fine likes on my face. I think Retin A and Renova are the only proven cream/gel that helps soften wrinkles or reverse the signs of aging. I am guessing that is what cellentaini is alluding to maybe?
2.gif

I use to wear make up in my early 20''s and then realized in my late 20''s I could get away with not wearing too much make up. Now that I am in my early 30''s I am lazy; I just wear lipstick and eyeliner. I have dark eyelashes so I don''t need mascara unless I am going out to a party then I will wear foundation and mascara.

thanks for the info. i had no idea it had other used besides acne. funny, though, this afternoon, i was getting a mini-facial and the esthetician brought up retin-a. i may look into it. she said it helps with pore size too...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 2:18:12 PM
Author: geckodani
Date: 3/25/2009 2:11:47 PM
Author: HollyS
I've always had good skin; even now as I'm older. Although I'd like a few less forehead furrows.
2.gif
But if I'm without 'face', someone will invariably say 'Are you okay? You look a little tired.'

I forgot mascara once. ALL DAY at work people were asking me if I was okay.
14.gif

Oh, me too! I am very pale, and I don't tan, so I wear a powder bronzer over foundation. If I happen to forget the bronzer, or skip it for a day, I find myself fending off a steady succession of concerns throughout the entire day. "Are you okay?" "You look so pale, do you feel sick?" "Tired, huh?"

One day I'm just going to say "NO! I'm just white. I am a very white woman." If they think my bare face is bad, they should see my legs. Sooooo pale.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 6:32:45 PM
Date: 3/24/2009 9:03:51 PM

Author: elledizzy5

Kittybean, I''m sorry.
7.gif

Thanks, Elle. It''s nice to know I''m not alone! What kind of makeup do you use?

I use BareMinerals. I like it well enough, it really helps to cover redness, but bumps are so hard to cover regardless of what make up I use.

I''ve been on doxycycline for 3 weeks now, and using Duac Gel, and it''s pretty clear right now (for me, not for regular people!), except for the red marks that haven''t faded yet.

It was SO much better when I was on ortho tricyclen. I''m so close to getting back on it, even though it ruined every other aspect of my life. The acne is as big of a libido killer/mood ruiner for me as the ortho was.
20.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
Growing up, my mom never let me wear makeup... like, she implied that there was something wrong with anyone who wanted to wear makeup. Actually, the one time in my life that I shoplifted, it was because there was a school dance coming up and I was going with my crush, and I had horrible skin as a teenager, and just really wanted something to cover it up... and my mom wouldn''t let me.
7.gif

These days, I''m just too lazy to wear makeup. My girlfriends will sometimes tease me about it and they all fight for who gets to do my makeup when we go out. Every once in awhile (maybe once a month?) I put on mascara on my own, but that''s about it.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to know I''m not the only one who needs their make-up to look healthy! I wish I looked good without it. I don''t have bad skin, but I''m just so pale and washed out. I don''t have that "glow" that I wish I did!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
i wear make-up whenever i''m out (unless it''s vacation). but it''s just eyeliner, eyeshadow (pretty subtle) and some powder for matte.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I almost never wear makeup--every time I''ve started a new job, I''ve been really good about it for the first couple of weeks or so and then I just start slacking off more and more. Oh well. I do wear it if we''re going out for a special evening, but even then it''s just foundation, lipstick and mascara.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results