shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you wear different jewelry according to the seasons?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If so, what changes and why?

I was just thinking of this because I have a ring with a hot pink lab stone on the way and while I lurve it, it occurred to me that it's a spring/summer ring, not fall or winter (except for Valentine's Day).

I am not sure why I think this but I guess deeper and darker colored stones just seem to me more for the cold weather months and pink for warmer months, like flowers, maybe?

Pictures are always appreciated!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it fits i wear it!
I have a channel set emerald ring that is in axsemi eternity style
i brought it to fit my index finger and ive already had it made smaller and i don't want to risk another resize
I must have been originally sized for it at the end of a hot day at work
its on the wider size
In the winter its even loose on my thumb so its a summer ring

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it fits i wear it!
I have a channel set emerald ring that is in axsemi eternity style
i brought it to fit my index finger and ive already had it made smaller and i don't want to risk another resize
I must have been originally sized for it at the end of a hot day at work
its on the wider size
In the winter its even loose on my thumb so its a summer ring

I didn't describe it very well 20201125_125147.jpg :lol-2:
its really lose on my thumb today 20201125_125204.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
In general, cooler metals look better against my skin tone, so I own many more pieces made with them then with warmer metals. However, I also balance the metal color with my outfit color. So in the fall and winter, I wear more earthy warm colors, like pumpkin spice, rich browns, etc, and so yellow gold goes much better with those clothes then white gold or platinum.

So I wear warmer tones in the fall/winter because they go better with my clothing choices. But I have a few pink and light blue sweaters I wear in the fall so I wear the cooler metals with those.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and classic piece! Love those greens!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
generally, i prefer white metals in the late autumn and winter months, into very early spring. to me, the cooler, colder months are not just cooler temperature climate wise but the light also is cooler. and i feel white metal looks the most pleasing.

in the warmer months starting late spring, all summer and into early autumn the light value is so glorious with golds, as in yellow gold, rose gold and peach gold

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have a few pieces that tend to be more seasonal -

I usually wear my andalusite ring in the fall, my two-flower rings in the spring/summer ands for some unknown reason, I tend to only wear my pearls in the winter.

But most of my pieces are worn year round and get changed up based on what I am wearing. Sadly with working from home, most of my stuff is not being worn at all :(

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
COVID has changed everything for me. I rarely wear anything except a thick gold/diamond band now. But before COVID usually took these two out during the fall season. Winter is usually vintage items and spring and summer finds me wearing a lot of spinels. All items worn along with diamond E-rings.

003.JPG

IMG_1961.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
COVID has changed everything for me. I rarely wear anything except a thick gold/diamond band now. But before COVID usually took these two out during the fall season. Winter is usually vintage items and spring and summer finds me wearing a lot of spinels. All items worn along with diamond E-rings.

003.JPG

IMG_1961.jpg

Ohhhhhhh
Tell us about that last ring
its particularity gorgouse :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhhhhh
Tell us about that last ring
its particularity gorgouse :appl: :kiss2: :appl:

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds . :)

It is an over 4 carat Andalusite set in a heavy 10k white gold/diamond accent setting. I think it is 5 carats but need to check- it is an older ring. Big Andalusites are rare and in real life it is much prettier with green, gold, and orange flashes. But they are softer stones and not suitable for every day wear. Back in the day they were not as expensive as they are now. I remember buying it for $80. So I did not think it worth too much and set it in a heavy 10k white gold setting that used to hold a garnet. When my jeweler told me the Andalusite was a bit small for the setting I (not having a clue) told him "just add more gold to the setting." Lol He did- bless his heart.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds . :)

It is an over 4 carat Andalusite set in a heavy 10k white gold/diamond accent setting. I think it is 5 carats but need to check- it is an older ring. Big Andalusites are rare and in real life it is much prettier with green, gold, and orange flashes. But they are softer stones and not suitable for every day wear. Back in the day they were not as expensive as they are now. I remember buying it for $80. So I did not think it worth too much and set it in a heavy 10k white gold setting that used to hold a garnet. When my jeweler told me the Andalusite was a bit small for the setting I (not having a clue) told him "just add more gold to the setting." Lol He did- bless his heart.

I love it !
Im now madly googerling Andalusite

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I change my jewellery according to my outfit to suit an occasion or event, not according to the season.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my jewelry to suit my mood generally. With a few exceptions outlined below though still I dress according to my mood.

During colder months when I am wearing sweaters and coats I rarely wear necklaces. Too easy to get snagged on something or lost even.

During the warmer months my neck is generally bare and necklaces look better.

During the colder months my fingers shrink (if I am not hiking or doing something very active that is) so I might wear more than one band with my OEC ER.

During the summer months when it is warmer my fingers are slightly bigger so one band with my OEC suffices.

Other than that I rotate all my other bling (mainly earrings) as my mood strikes and the season has little to do with my bling choices. I follow my mood.

leavealittlesparkle.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results