shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you use a fabric softener?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost never. Just on rare occasion, when I know it might be needed to deal with cat hair on dark clothing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never. I am extremely sensitive to chemicals and only use Free and Clear detergent or Dreft (for babies LOL).
It's also not environmentally friendly so just another reason for me not to use fabric softener. I do hate the static cling factor though. I find that applying just a bit of water when I am wearing something that has problematic static is helpful in reducing that static.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dryer sheets over time will affect the efficiency of your dryer. Take the lint screen out and run it under water. If the water is slow moving through the screen then you''re affected and the air can''t pass through. Soak it in vinegar to get rid of the residue.

I use a scent-free/hypoallergenic liquid softener on our clothes and linen and use vinegar on my towels (removes build up from detergent and lotion).

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 8:54:57 PM
Author: White Orchid

Love this story!

I used to use dryer sheets all the time, but stopped after I read how environmentally unfriendly they are. My daughter has very sensitive skin so I try very hard to limit her exposure to chemicals and fragrances.
I have crazy sensitiver skin, so I use All Free and Clear, plant based fragarance free fabric softener on those loads that need it (without it my jeans are scratchy
40.gif
) and I use Method''s fragrance free dryer sheets.

I used to use standard dryer sheets... until I learned what some of them use as a softening agent (animal tallow).
emotion-41.gif

Now I stick to things that say "plant based."

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Always, unless towels.

I have the little thing in the middle that you put the softner in and then I add water to dilute it so I dont get the marks. I use it because I do not like my underwear to be crisp. I want them as soft as possible.

With my towels I use bleach. I love drying off with a thick white towel that smells like bleach. It like drying my face knowing that it has been bleached since the last member of the family used it on their butts and armpits.

My grandmother used tons of softener so much so that when you put your hair up in a towel after the shower the water would run down your face instead of absorb into the towel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results