shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this set is 14k or 18k YELLOW gold??

Does this set look like 14k or 18k yellow gold?

Votes: 4 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dtb520

Rough_Rock
I know it's pretty much impossible to tell, but everyone here is so knowledgable, I figured it can't hurt. I initially came across this picture on Pinterest and clicked through to the blogger the rings belong to. I messaged her, but she had no idea what karat gold they were and neither did her husband. She suggested I contact the shop she had it custom designed at, but they wouldn't give me any info unless I allowed them to design my ring. Regardless, they did say it was 14k, but I keep having a gut feeling it's 18k because the yellow is very apparent. I've been comparing pictures all across this board, and I just can't figure it out.

Well, the shop is in Utah and I'm in the Midwest. While they insisted they often do out-of-state designs, we are in the process of redesigning because we ordered through an online retailer and I was displeased with the set. We wanted a local jeweler and the benefits of a local jeweler. I don't want to keep shipping my ring should something go wrong.

Anyway! Here are all the pictures I found on her blog with the ring. Any opinions are appreciated!

EDIT: reposted to "jewelry pieces" because I wasn't sure where this belongs.

ring_260.jpg

ring_261.jpg

ring_17.png

img_11875.jpg

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Photos can be misleading, but they easily look like 14k to me, especially in the last photo when you can see the bottom of the one ring better. It appears there as a more pale yellow, which I associate with 14k.

I have lots of pieces in both 14k and 18k. 14k will still look yellow, especially on its own or just next to other 14k yellow pieces. I wear a 14k band almost daily and on its own, or next to a white metal, it looks very yellow. In photos it looks yellow. As soon as I put it next to 18k, well, it pales in comparison and has a rosier-pale yellow look.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the other poster - hard to always be accurate with pictures but I too would guess 14 kt. I think 18 kt. gold has a deeper color and tone generally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results