shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this set is 14k or 18k YELLOW gold??

Does this look like 14k or 18k yellow gold?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dtb520

Rough_Rock
I know it's pretty much impossible to tell, but everyone here is so knowledgable, I figured it can't hurt. I initially came across this picture on Pinterest and clicked through to the blogger the rings belong to. I messaged her, but she had no idea what karat gold they were and neither did her husband. She suggested I contact the shop she had it custom designed at, but they wouldn't give me any info unless I allowed them to design my ring. Regardless, they did say it was 14k, but I keep having a gut feeling it's 18k because the yellow is very apparent. I've been comparing pictures all across this board, and I just can't figure it out.

Well, the shop is in Utah and I'm in the Midwest. While they insisted they often do out-of-state designs, we are in the process of redesigning because we ordered through an online retailer and I was displeased with the set. We wanted a local jeweler and the benefits of a local jeweler. I don't want to keep shipping my ring should something go wrong.

Anyway! Here are all the pictures I found on her blog with the ring. Any opinions are appreciated!

EDIT: reposted to "show me the bling" because I wasn't sure where this belongs.

ring_258.jpg

ring_259.jpg

ring_16.png

img_4646-1024x768.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shades of yellow gold can differ - whether 14k or 18k - depending on the mixture of metals used in the alloy. I have a 14k yellow gold ring that's such a deep rich yellow color that you'd swear it was 18k - but I bought it from the jeweler who made it and I'm pretty sure she that if it was 18k, she would have stamped and priced the ring accordingly. ;)) There is simply no way to tell which it is from a picture.

Luriya

Rough_Rock
Not really sure but those rings are beautiful! I hope everything works out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results