shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think this is a pretty setting idea (marquis stone in a gypsy setting)?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring I inherited from my MIL that I never wear. The stone is small (about 6.7 mm x 3.6) but bright and fiery. My pics don't do it justice - I cannot get the focus on the facets correctly. I was thinking of an eventual reset in a gypsy style ring with brushed yellow gold perhaps. Most rings of this style though I've seen with other shaped diamonds. I'm showing a pic of the ring as well as some inspiration photos. What do you guys think?

My ring:

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

Inspiration photos:

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a marquis I’m leaning toward gypsy setting too with DK.
So I’m bias. I think your marquis would look lovely in that setting.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes!! I do love an inlaid diamond ring! (I recall the word gypsy is not so PC anymore idk).
In addition to how fab I think it would look set like that, I would personally consider placing it in a slim white metal bezel then the yellow surround to both enhance the size (hehe) and help with color! I had D. Klass do this for me once with platinum and rose gold.
But yes, I think it’s a great idea!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love the rings in this thread

cheers--Sharon

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When they are sideways, I just think eye. I have an inherited marquise myself and I've been also thinking of a flush set. I've been looking at Adel Chefridi's designs. I think adding texture and color might help. I thought about adding little white diamonds in a shape around the marquise to give it a different feel. My aunt loved snowflakes, so I've been playing with the idea of that as a theme.

Maybe you'll find some inspiration?

1633985944933.png

1633986033625.png
1633986108978.png
1633986228182.png

Attachments

• 1633985969032.png
    1633985969032.png
    348.6 KB · Views: 10

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yup, mmhmm. Yes.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes!! I do love an inlaid diamond ring! (I recall the word gypsy is not so PC anymore idk).
In addition to how fab I think it would look set like that, I would personally consider placing it in a slim white metal bezel then the yellow surround to both enhance the size (hehe) and help with color! I had D. Klass do this for me once with platinum and rose gold.
But yes, I think it’s a great idea!!

Wow @Slick1 that sounds really pretty! And thanks for the correction; I couldn't remember the PC term for it.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
This will be gorgeous!
“flush set” works to describe this style too. I love it.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
When I first glanced at your first picture, I thought it already WAS flush set and I went ooooh I love the way the band tapers and flares. It wasn’t until I looked closer that i saw it was two narrow bands that meet. So my vote goes to flush set in a similar shape in brushed rose or yellow gold.

Kind of like this, but with your marquise still set north/south:

621E8CB3-22BB-493B-8AEE-EDB468AF19F4.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have actually been thinking of having a ring like this made with an elongated oval. I think it's a great reset idea for you. forget the visual!
Here's one I saw that I think is the same idea

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not a huge fan of bezeling brilliant fancy cuts. They can affect the light return

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I have actually been thinking of having a ring like this made with an elongated oval. I think it's a great reset idea for you. forget the visual!
Here's one I saw that I think is the same idea

I like that one!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to set some smaller marquise I had and I did a fake bezel/ collet setting. I picked a serpent ring so it would be impactful even with a smaller stone. Depending how you curl the tail could be a band too. If snake too crazy too you could do just a general collet but you know I think snakes are more fun lol.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
79A67895-688B-4E0D-A6D5-9EE1A00C608E.jpeg ADA8BE6D-E3A0-4FA3-9B13-4290645A5444.jpeg A26E8DAE-2FF2-46AD-B70C-4E883E899E9E.jpeg
I wanted to set some smaller marquise I had and I did a fake bezel/ collet setting. I picked a serpent ring so it would be impactful even with a smaller stone. Depending how you curl the tail could be a band too. If snake too crazy too you could do just a general collet but you know I think snakes are more fun lol.

I’m not a fan of most flush set rings but I think that marquises and elongated ovals are actually made for that kind of setting! I like the idea of a WG bezel and then the rest of the ring in YG or RG to make the stone seem bigger and pop.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
#chants gyyypsy gyyyypsyyyyyy ❤️ 1634017159892.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the brushed metal East-west Gypsy setting idea, however I personally believe the stone is too thin and long to look good on your finger.

I would suggest a 3-stone Gypsy setting with a pair of small diamonds or coloured stones in red or pink, like Spinel or Ruby.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a ring I inherited from my MIL that I never wear. The stone is small (about 6.7 mm x 3.6) but bright and fiery. My pics don't do it justice - I cannot get the focus on the facets correctly. I was thinking of an eventual reset in a gypsy style ring with brushed yellow gold perhaps. Most rings of this style though I've seen with other shaped diamonds. I'm showing a pic of the ring as well as some inspiration photos. What do you guys think?

My ring:

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

Inspiration photos:

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_2772.jpg

i love the idea
am planning on something very similar in the future so I'll be watching this with much intetest

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

It’s so funny you mention that because I also thought of a snake and I have that same ring of Alex’s saved in my pics. I love snake rings. I thought it might be tougher to ask someone to create one for me though as opposed to finding one ready made.

ETA - I also had that Ruby one saved! I forget the source though - I think eBay?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so funny you mention that because I also thought of a snake and I have that same ring of Alex’s saved in my pics. I love snake rings. I thought it might be tougher to ask someone to create one for me though as opposed to finding one ready made.

ETA - I also had that Ruby one saved! I forget the source though - I think eBay?
Yeah the other two snake rings are on eBay.
I had David Klass make my snake ring and he was able to set the rubies in a way that they weren’t bezeled.they are a pigeon blood color I didn’t want bezeling to mess with that. 16E4853D-EF31-4F7A-A22E-2A69A4E5A62E.jpeg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yeah the other two snake rings are on eBay.
I had David Klass make my snake ring and he was able to set the rubies in a way that they weren’t bezeled.they are a pigeon blood color I didn’t want bezeling to mess with that. 16E4853D-EF31-4F7A-A22E-2A69A4E5A62E.jpeg

Yes I remember that well - one of my fave rings on PS which I put in the "hall of fame" thread :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I remember that well - one of my fave rings on PS which I put in the "hall of fame" thread :)

Well aren’t you sweet!
That’s my suggestion. I have some antique pears bezeled and they are fine but they were made that way and are chunky. I worry this one wouldn’t be as fiery as you note if you were to close it up. I’d hate for you to spend the money only for it to turn out a disappointment

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Well aren’t you sweet!
That’s my suggestion. I have some antique pears bezeled and they are fine but they were made that way and are chunky. I worry this one wouldn’t be as fiery as you note if you were to close it up. I’d hate for you to spend the money only for it to turn out a disappointment

Thanks @Niel I am mainly daydreaming at this point bc I can't buy anything new until I sell something since I blew my bling budget on a whopper ring so I'm out for the next few years lol (again until I sell off stuff). Btw that ebay ruby snake is exactly my size but I don't want to pay what they are asking for it. :lol:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Niel I am mainly daydreaming at this point bc I can't buy anything new until I sell something since I blew my bling budget on a whopper ring so I'm out for the next few years lol (again until I sell off stuff). Btw that ebay ruby snake is exactly my size but I don't want to pay what they are asking for it. :lol:

Right! That’s too high! Message them ask if they’ll take an offer anyways ;-)

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am tagging @Rfisher Because I’m thinking of this project again. But I’m just thinking of leaving the stone north south but filling the empty space with gold. So it looks like a signet or flush style ring just keeping the stone in the same orientation. Rfisher is there anyway you might use your Photoshop skills to do this on these pictures? So I can visualize?

7EDD9C7D-7960-4B2C-AC7E-C25D36CEF4F5.jpeg 3743BD8A-C1DC-4F0C-ABDC-F904B1B86165.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results