shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you think I’m crazy to put an E stone in yellow gold?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I think you should go with your gut. My original e ring was yellow gold and it sat in my drawer for 10 years until I dipped it now I wear it all the time. But yellow has made a come back and it your like it then go with it.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should go with your gut. My original e ring was yellow gold and it sat in my drawer for 10 years until I dipped it now I wear it all the time. But yellow has made a come back and it your like it then go with it.

I think I'm just attracted to the trend. And if I'm perfectly perfectly honest - two of my best friends look AMAZING with yellow gold against their tan skin. So I'm used to seeing yellow gold and feeling like, ooooooo that's nice! :love: But my skin is very pink. It doesn't look the same.

It's settled. Definitely platinum. I'm so lucky to have E stones, I'm not going to squander it!

Check out this incredible DK setting. I'm drooling! Pics not mine. David Klass. dk.png dk1.png

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I just did my eternity band over and went with platinum I am so happy I id

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can’t make a bad choice. The yellow gold looks beautiful with your skin tone.

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I REALLY love yellow gold on your skin in that photo. Would you say the photo represents your color well?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it together.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am a bit surprised a professional jeweler would tell a customer to not go with the look he/she likes - the jeweler surely isn't intending to wear the ring. Your taste is your taste and, frankly, there are a lot of people who love yellow gold in an engagement ring - do what you love so you will love it everyday when you look at it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am a bit surprised a professional jeweler would tell a customer to not go with the look he/she likes - the jeweler surely isn't intending to wear the ring. Your taste is your taste and, frankly, there are a lot of people who love yellow gold in an engagement ring - do what you love so you will love it everyday when you look at it.
What he said!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all, my previous ering was a 2.05 D-VS2 in a 14k yellow gold ring with a 14k WG head.

I mix and match metals all the time.
Get what makes your heart sing.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you change your mind & go with yellow, it definitely would suit you. The colour on your hand looks great. I set my J's in Platinum. LOL Maybe I should start setting them in yellow gold heads but I love platinum. :twirl: Go with what you love. :))

devils_snare

Rough_Rock
I think it all comes down to what you prefer - whether that be knowing your colorless stone is looking the whitest possible with platinum or the contrast between it and yellow gold! I had the same dilemma - my husband proposed with a 1.8 D-VVS2 RB given to him by his mom. When I went to reset it with my future MIL & her jeweler, they both really pushed platinum/white gold. I was swayed by their arguments since I didn't know much, even though I always had preferred yellow gold jewelry. 2 years later I still wanted yellow gold and had it reset in 18k yellow gold, prongs and everything :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it all comes down to what you prefer - whether that be knowing your colorless stone is looking the whitest possible with platinum or the contrast between it and yellow gold! I had the same dilemma - my husband proposed with a 1.8 D-VVS2 RB given to him by his mom. When I went to reset it with my future MIL & her jeweler, they both really pushed platinum/white gold. I was swayed by their arguments since I didn't know much, even though I always had preferred yellow gold jewelry. 2 years later I still wanted yellow gold and had it reset in 18k yellow gold, prongs and everything :)

Pics please???

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Makes my heart happy to see so many people saying to go with what makes your eyes happy.

One of my wife's wedding rings is a nice G set into a 22 ct yellow gold ring in a raised bezel. I wear a P color in 18 kt yellow and even the pros never guess lower than an I or J because of the lovely contrast. I have had the pleasure of setting some E and D colors in yellow, and WOW! They ROCK!

Follow your eyes, after all, they are YOUR eyes and THEY know what they like better than any of us can.

Wink

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say go for it, but with a white metal head/prongs. :)

ETA: Just saw you'd decided to go for platinum... but you can always add a fun YG band if you like the trend... that's exactly what I did, and I love it!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late to the party... the YG looked great on your skin tone, but platinum will be equally beautiful. My friend has a .75ct E diamond set into yellow gold with a platinum head and it is one of my favorite rings. Her diamond always grabs my attention and looks utterly amazing (not ideal cut).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring was an F color diamond in a yg solitaire with wg prongs. If anything, the color contrast makes the stone look even whiter. But to me, a lot depends on the style of the setting. That antique style DK setting definitely would look best in platinum to me (and it sounds like you have decided on platinum anyway.) The bezeled stone in yg with the plain yg band looked good in yg to me. I favor platinum now for my wedding set, but I recently ventured back into rg with a low color diamond and I love it, but it is just a totally different look.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super late, I love both metal colors I wear both... I have two yellow gold band with G diamonds and it just appears whiter to me that color contrast is so lush against 18k rich YG. But I also like white metal too... lol not really helpful, but you know your skin better... I don’t like heavy white metal on my ears. But I love YG same with necklace but on my fingers I love both metal. I wore YG for 10 years. Will you be considering any upgrade later?
But like others have said and you as well such high color you don’t want YG to tint it too much.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait on show the final result in platinum! Thanks for helping me decide, everyone. Yellow gold is luxe and beautiful but I decided to buy a different ring in yellow gold :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait on show the final result in platinum! Thanks for helping me decide, everyone. Yellow gold is luxe and beautiful but I decided to buy a different ring in yellow gold :)

Perfect. This way you get both options. Can’t wait to see your beautiful new rings :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results