shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you take nutritionl supplements?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been dealing with an effluvium (hair loss) for 18 months after a concussion. Blood work also showed very low iron. I'm taking:

Multi vitamin
Biotin (really helping nails, but not hair)
Vitamin D
Iron supplement

I also take ColdFX occasionally as needed. I love it, even if it may be only placebo effect. I haven't had a cold in 2 years, literally.

Anne

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take Xymogen ActivNutrients for my multi; Xymogen Regenemax for hair skin nails; and TrueOsteo for calcium and bone support. I've been taking half the recommended dosage of each (one capsule daily instead of two) but I've been under a bit of stress lately so I think I'll try bumping it up to two. The problem is that I can easily get to where I hate taking pills/capsules/whatever, and just stop taking them altogether.

I also drink a very strong herbal tea made from stinging nettle, red clover, every day when I'm home. All sorts of sources claim that these herbs do all sorts of things. All I know is that for me, this combination takes care of a certain dryness that can come with aging. :wink2: I don't normally use this away from home since I make the tea from bulk herbs, but I have found some pre-bagged stinging nettle that I'm going to try for traveling.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the prior poster who said to get tested for deficiencies rather than assume you are low on something, as too much of some things can be toxic or detrimental to you health. In addition, prior to taking a new vitamin or supplement, check to see if there are any contraindications for what you are considering adding and anything you are already taking (be it meds or another vitamin or supplement) or existing health conditions. Some things should not be taken at the same time and others are bad for certain conditions.

I eat rather clean with minimal to no sugar and fried food, no soda and no caffeine. I also take an embarrassing amount of vitamins and supplements every day (som multiple times per day) for a variety of reasons. Here's the list:

B complex
C
D3
E
Calcium - trying to prevent osteoporosis since I already have osteopenia
Magnesium - prevent muscle cramps
Flaxseed oil (omega 3) - per ophthalmologist to increase eye moisture
Curcumin - alleviate achy joints
Ubiquinol (more bioavailable form of CoQ10)
D Mannose - prevent UTIs; can also be used for treatment of same; helps some people who have IC
Probiotic

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't take anything labeled "supplement", because there is no regulation of the contents of "supplements." I was taught to be very suspicious of supplements when I was in R.N. school, and that lesson stuck with me.

I do take a multi-B vitamin complex, though. The B vitamins affect skin, eyes, nervous system, etc. and any excess of them is easily flushed from the body. Whenever I was on a very low calorie diet for weight loss, B vitamins reduced fatigue and hunger pangs and I felt loads better taking them than not taking them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results